So What was Talked About During the Live Twitch Stream?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lordmichael95

Major
44 Badges
Feb 18, 2013
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities in Motion
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Due timezoning, I could not see the Twitch Stream live. Usually this is not a problem because one can watch it recorded in full. However, the video for Gamescon didn't contain the entire PDX release, showing most of the Pillars of Eternity demo, and a Q&A section with Quill18 and several of the PDX staff (gods). Does someone have a link to the entire video? If not, can someone talk about what was announced?

I know they released some information on upcoming EUIV and CKII expansions. Apparently, the CKII expansion will have a timeline extension, and allow one to make custom kingdoms and empires if they hold enough titles.

EDIT: just saw this http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?795532-Eu4-Art-of-War-Announcement-Information

Vicky 3 will come with an EuIV-Vicky3 converter.

For reference.

I know I am grasping for straws, but even this non-committing and perhaps obvious statement fills me with some hope for a 2015 announcement. HoI4 had been in development for less than a year prior to its announcement, so it can happen.

Fingers crossed. :)

For reference.

I know I am grasping for straws, but even this non-committing and perhaps obvious statement fills me with some hope for a 2015 announcement. HoI4 had been in development for less than a year prior to its announcement, so it can happen.

Fingers crossed. :)
Where did you get the information that HoI4 had been in development for less than a year before its announcement?

Where did you get the information that HoI4 had been in development for less than a year before its announcement?

I find that I do not remember, actually... I was certain that I had picked it up somewhere on the forums, but cannot seem to find it. Maybe I just imagined it...

A fairly solid argument can be made for it, though: I find it likely that production started after HoD for Victoria 2 (released in April, 2013), where podcat was involved, since I doubt that he, as project lead for HoI4, juggled both projects at the time. That would give them around nine months before the announcement, and a total development time of roughly two years. Sounds reasonable if you ask me.

Hm.... and apparently Doomdark has handed over project leadership of CK2 to someone else... maybe Doomdark is now the V3 project leader?

Heh!