Paradox Interactive Breaks Ground on Cities: Skylines for PC, Mac, and Linux

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MalinS

Queen of Pie
6 Badges
Jan 7, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
The Sky is Not the Limit in a New City-building Simulator from Colossal Order
COLOGNE, GERMANY — 14 August 2014 — Paradox Interactive revealed at Gamescom today an all-new city-building simulation game, Cities: Skylines, which will be coming to Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs in 2015.

Developed by Colossal Order, the simulation virtuosos behind the Cities in Motion series, Cities: Skylines pulls players out of the public transportation offices and grants them the power of true urban planning and development. From zoning to building, from utilities to beautification, and from taxation to outreach, players of Cities: Skylines will have total control in endless sandbox gameplay across massive maps – all with extensive built-in mod support.

Clear some real estate on your screen for a Cities: Skylines trailer:
[video=youtube;lxfeBpagvQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxfeBpagvQw&hd=1[/video]

Paradox and Colossal Order invite players to create the cities of their dreams in Cities: Skylines, a massive city simulator from the creators of the Cities in Motion series. Vast backdrops and maps provide players with countless ways to improve and expand their cities, building from humble beginnings up to beautiful, cloud-hugging structures and unique architectural marvels.

Cities: Skylines will Feature
  • Designed to Impress: Massive map sizes and deep, detailed design controls allow players to construct the cities of their dreams, running everything from road building and zoning to public services and taxation – and, yes, public transportation
  • Policy and Progress: Set a series of civic policies to guide the city’s growth; fine-tune the placement and direction of local districts
  • Local Beautification: Admire the vastness of your city in a polished visual style and manage a living, breathing city, all the way down to realistic water flow in the irrigation systems
  • The Sky is Not the Limit: Strive to build up a city towards jaw-dropping endgame “wonders,” and then go beyond what is possible with built-in game modding tools

For more information on Cities: Skylines, visit www.citiesskylines.com

(In the wrong forum because of no Cities-forum jet!)

Best feature of this? "Offline mode" :D

(In the wrong forum because of no Cities-forum jet!)

Wait A city forum jet? did you mean yet or is the forum servers going to put on a jet?

Also Why isn't there someplace(other than here) where we can confirm Paradox is the best Company ever

Last edited:
Oh, guys. With this i´ve finally forgiven you for the game that shouldn´t be mentioned here. XD

I´m so excited about this. Since the desaster of sim city 5, and the growing dissapointment with Cities XL i have been waiting for a good city building sim. If i trust any game company to deliver, than it is PI. :)

I wonder how "sims" will be simulated. I still want some kind of simulation in my city builder. So people actually go to work and school etc and you can see them on the streets. Sim City 3k simulation is fine. It doesn't have to be super ambitious like SimShitty 2013 was.

I just hope the cities don't feel desolate. And I really hope they put a lot of focus on vegetation, it really makes the difference in a city builder between having the city feel plastic or authentic.

Wait A city forum jet? did you mean yet or is the forum servers going to put on a jet?
Yes! I was being perfectly clear about the servers not yet being airborne, therefore I have to post in the general forum. What, like, I'm going to use servers ON THE GROUND like some PEASANT? Bah!

It looks really interesting and is something I am likely to pick up.

By the way MalinS since you are in this thread could you tell us more about Vicky III, since Johan blew it?:p

By the way MalinS since you are in this thread could you tell us more about Vicky III, since Johan blew it?:p

Elaborate. :eek: Was it somewhere on the forum or at GamesCom?

Elaborate. :eek: Was it somewhere on the forum or at GamesCom?
It was in the stream: At the end of the stream you could ask the developers questions and the very last question was about whether or not Paradox wanted to do other converters. Johan answered that when Vicky III is announced they will do a EU4 -> Vicky III converter. All the other devs shook their hands in denial and Frederik Wester quickly grabbed the microphone and fiercely denied what Johan just had told us. It wuld be interesting to rewatch it to see if I missed something, but since it was the absolute last thing in the stream it will probably have gone 'missing' when the stream is released.

It was in the stream: At the end of the stream you could ask the developers questions and the very last question was about whether or not Paradox wanted to do other converters. Johan answered that when Vicky III is announced they will do a EU4 -> Vicky III converter. All the other devs shook their hands in denial and Frederik Wester quickly grabbed the microphone and fiercely denied what Johan just had told us. It wuld be interesting to rewatch it to see if I missed something, but since it was the absolute last thing in the stream it will probably have gone 'missing' when the stream is released.

No no, it´s still there.

No no, it´s still there.
Yeah found that. I also agree that Shams look funny when Johan says that---didn't see it originally.
If people haven't seen it it is here. Start from 48 minutes and watch the next minute.

I hope CO have learned from their past mistakes and actually deliver a finished and working game this time. If that is not the case let's hope they don't ignore complaints about faulty mechanics and game breaking bugs and release DLCs instead..

Only real complaint I have is that the name "Cities: Skylines" is bothersome to pronounce...

Significantly larger cities than cities in motion... hopefully it will work out.