+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Paradox Interactive Breaks Ground on Cities: Skylines for PC, Mac, and Linux

Paradox Interactive Breaks Ground on Cities: Skylines for PC, Mac, and Linux

The Sky is Not the Limit in a New City-building Simulator from Colossal Order
    COLOGNE, GERMANY — 14 August 2014 — Paradox Interactive revealed at Gamescom today an all-new city-building simulation game, Cities: Skylines, which will be coming to Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs in 2015.

Developed by Colossal Order, the simulation virtuosos behind the Cities in Motion series, Cities: Skylines pulls players out of the public transportation offices and grants them the power of true urban planning and development. From zoning to building, from utilities to beautification, and from taxation to outreach, players of Cities: Skylines will have total control in endless sandbox gameplay across massive maps – all with extensive built-in mod support.

Clear some real estate on your screen for a Cities: Skylines trailer:

Paradox and Colossal Order invite players to create the cities of their dreams in Cities: Skylines, a massive city simulator from the creators of the Cities in Motion series. Vast backdrops and maps provide players with countless ways to improve and expand their cities, building from humble beginnings up to beautiful, cloud-hugging structures and unique architectural marvels.

Cities: Skylines will Feature
    • Designed to Impress: Massive map sizes and deep, detailed design controls allow players to construct the cities of their dreams, running everything from road building and zoning to public services and taxation – and, yes, public transportation
    • Policy and Progress: Set a series of civic policies to guide the city’s growth; fine-tune the placement and direction of local districts
    • Local Beautification: Admire the vastness of your city in a polished visual style and manage a living, breathing city, all the way down to realistic water flow in the irrigation systems
    • The Sky is Not the Limit: Strive to build up a city towards jaw-dropping endgame “wonders,” and then go beyond what is possible with built-in game modding tools

For more information on Cities: Skylines, visit www.citiesskylines.com

(In the wrong forum because of no Cities-forum jet!)

Best feature of this? "Offline mode"

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by MalinS View Post
    (In the wrong forum because of no Cities-forum jet!)
    Wait A city forum jet? did you mean yet or is the forum servers going to put on a jet?

Also Why isn't there someplace(other than here) where we can confirm Paradox is the best Company ever
    Last edited by Mav12; 14-08-2014 at 22:02.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Oh, guys. With this i´ve finally forgiven you for the game that shouldn´t be mentioned here. XD

I´m so excited about this. Since the desaster of sim city 5, and the growing dissapointment with Cities XL i have been waiting for a good city building sim. If i trust any game company to deliver, than it is PI.
    I can forgive, but i can´t forget.

And luckily the reality has no advertising budget...

Commander of the 1st South German Jäger-Regiment, in the Victoria II forum jacobin revolt.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

"Play offline"

Shots. Fired.
    "You hit somebody with your fist and not with your fingers spread."

Best Character Writer of the Week: 7/7/13

The Memoirs of Erwin Keller - Abandoned due to a corrupted save. Damn you blue screen of death.

Escaping Death's Grasp - An AAR from the perspective of Danila Morozov - Ongoing

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Yes!

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Blog Entries
    OK, I'm looking forward to this one.
    South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for a mental asylum. -- James Pettigru, 1856

On Last.fm and LiveJournal as susannag. On GoodReads as Susanna.

I´m excited.
    Farewell East vs. West.

MEIOU-and-Taxes Fan

I wonder how "sims" will be simulated. I still want some kind of simulation in my city builder. So people actually go to work and school etc and you can see them on the streets. Sim City 3k simulation is fine. It doesn't have to be super ambitious like SimShitty 2013 was.

I just hope the cities don't feel desolate. And I really hope they put a lot of focus on vegetation, it really makes the difference in a city builder between having the city feel plastic or authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav12 View Post
    Wait A city forum jet? did you mean yet or is the forum servers going to put on a jet?
    Yes! I was being perfectly clear about the servers not yet being airborne, therefore I have to post in the general forum. What, like, I'm going to use servers ON THE GROUND like some PEASANT? Bah!

Resident WW Foreigner Wagonlitz's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

It looks really interesting and is something I am likely to pick up.

By the way MalinS since you are in this thread could you tell us more about Vicky III, since Johan blew it?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonlitz View Post
    By the way MalinS since you are in this thread could you tell us more about Vicky III, since Johan blew it?
    Elaborate. Was it somewhere on the forum or at GamesCom?
    "You hit somebody with your fist and not with your fingers spread."

Best Character Writer of the Week: 7/7/13

The Memoirs of Erwin Keller - Abandoned due to a corrupted save. Damn you blue screen of death.

Escaping Death's Grasp - An AAR from the perspective of Danila Morozov - Ongoing

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Quote Originally Posted by JustThatGuy View Post
    Gamescom, last question of the Q&A. Just, watch it. The expression on Shams face is priceless.

Commander of the 1st South German Jäger-Regiment, in the Victoria II forum jacobin revolt.

Europa Universalis: RomeKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by JustThatGuy View Post
    It was in the stream: At the end of the stream you could ask the developers questions and the very last question was about whether or not Paradox wanted to do other converters. Johan answered that when Vicky III is announced they will do a EU4 -> Vicky III converter. All the other devs shook their hands in denial and Frederik Wester quickly grabbed the microphone and fiercely denied what Johan just had told us. It wuld be interesting to rewatch it to see if I missed something, but since it was the absolute last thing in the stream it will probably have gone 'missing' when the stream is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonlitz View Post
    It was in the stream: At the end of the stream you could ask the developers questions and the very last question was about whether or not Paradox wanted to do other converters. Johan answered that when Vicky III is announced they will do a EU4 -> Vicky III converter. All the other devs shook their hands in denial and Frederik Wester quickly grabbed the microphone and fiercely denied what Johan just had told us. It wuld be interesting to rewatch it to see if I missed something, but since it was the absolute last thing in the stream it will probably have gone 'missing' when the stream is released.
    No no, it´s still there.

So Johan inadvertently announced Vicky III? I heard there was possibility paradox wouldn't even do it.
    Last edited by mh8780; 15-08-2014 at 00:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarius1997 View Post
    No no, it´s still there.
    Yeah found that. I also agree that Shams look funny when Johan says that---didn't see it originally.
    If people haven't seen it it is here. Start from 48 minutes and watch the next minute.

I hope CO have learned from their past mistakes and actually deliver a finished and working game this time. If that is not the case let's hope they don't ignore complaints about faulty mechanics and game breaking bugs and release DLCs instead..

That....that intersection. You think some of the LA ones can be impressive.

Top that LA. Top having it as a bridge over water.

Only real complaint I have is that the name "Cities: Skylines" is bothersome to pronounce...

Significantly larger cities than cities in motion... hopefully it will work out.
    "For every monarchy overthrown the sky becomes less brilliant, because it loses a star. A republic is ugliness set free." - Anatole France

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast