• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CIM2 has already becoming a city builder game, with the help of mods.
If you install eis_os's latest CIM2PatchPlus you will have the ability to place buildings manually 'in game' (I know it's not perfect yet, it's still a work in progress, but it will get better.). You can also run trams on metro tracks both on viaducts and in tunnels stopping at metro stations. As the game already gives you the ability to build new roads and other transport lines, it transforms the game into a viable city builder game with massive transport options: exactly what I want!
So please, stop moaning and enjoy what we have.

We still have plans for Cities in Motion 2!

I agree it would be nice to expand directly the existing game, but technically it made sense for us to start with a clean slate. Also the concept of the game is rather different from Cities in Motion. We will of course utilize the best parts of Cities in Motion 2 but unfortunately some design choices are too deep in the code and therefore it's impossible for us to build a city builder on top of CIM2.

As for what new is coming for CIM2, something small and nice that will hopefully make at least some of you happy. I will let you know as soon as we have a green light to start working on it :)

Which is it CO? On August 14th you say you still have plans for CiM2 and on August 18th you want an open dialogue yet need to start with a clean slate? If you want me to stop being disrespectful towards you then please stop being disrespectful to the community. I complain loudly because as happyshrimp said
I'm sorry, but even though kensternation is reacting in a fierce tone he is telling the truth. CO only seems to react to positive comments and ignore constructive criticism. Players laid out a blueprint with the most important changes that need to be made to make CiM2 a fun game to play again, but are not heard. The only thing we got were incoherent DLC, that can be translated as easy money. As a customer I feel disappointed that a game with so much potential, that players invested in by buying it and the DLC's is being bungled like this. I'm out.

The game you promised us and the game you delivered are not the same and I feel let down. You tell us you have plans for CiM2, yet you won't tell us what it is and you mostly just give us a couple of buildings or vehicles that you expect us to buy then move on. I admit it is a better game now than when you first released it but paying customers should not be treated as beta testers.

CIM2 has already becoming a city builder game, with the help of mods.
If you install eis_os's latest CIM2PatchPlus you will have the ability to place buildings manually 'in game' (I know it's not perfect yet, it's still a work in progress, but it will get better.). You can also run trams on metro tracks both on viaducts and in tunnels stopping at metro stations. As the game already gives you the ability to build new roads and other transport lines, it transforms the game into a viable city builder game with massive transport options: exactly what I want!
So please, stop moaning and enjoy what we have.
I installed the mod - but how can I place buildings in the game? I couldn't figure it out....

I would hope that we can keep an open dialogue here on the Forums and I would encourage you not to be disrespectful toward me or anyone else working on Cities in Motion games, thank you. So keep the tone civil in the future please.

I agree it would be nice to expand directly the existing game, but technically it made sense for us to start with a clean slate. Also the concept of the game is rather different from Cities in Motion. We will of course utilize the best parts of Cities in Motion 2 but unfortunately some design choices are too deep in the code and therefore it's impossible for us to build a city builder on top of CIM2.

As for what new is coming for CIM2, something small and nice that will hopefully make at least some of you happy. I will let you know as soon as we have a green light to start working on it :)

Please consider my suggestion in the bug forum on the topic: "Cars stopping for no reason" This bug kills every game....
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?688053-BUG-Cars-stopping-for-no-reason-at-all&p=17895222&viewfull=1#post17895222

I installed the mod - but how can I place buildings in the game? I couldn't figure it out....
You will find the mod here:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?785447-CIM2PatchPlus
After you have applied the patch (CIM2PatchPlus) you will see a new section in the construction menu called 'buildings'. Click on this and you will find a sub menu with various types of buildings that can be placed 'in game'.
This mod is still 'a work in progress' and has some bugs; but eis_os is working on an improved version, so it will get better. But it already gives the game a new dimension.
PS: You need to check 'disable city growth' when starting a map; this is a replacement that puts you in control of city growth! No more gas tanks popping up in residential areas!

You will find the mod here:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?785447-CIM2PatchPlus
After you have applied the patch (CIM2PatchPlus) you will see a new section in the construction menu called 'buildings'. Click on this and you will find a sub menu with various types of buildings that can be placed 'in game'.
This mod is still 'a work in progress' and has some bugs; but eis_os is working on an improved version, so it will get better. But it already gives the game a new dimension.
PS: You need to check 'disable city growth' when starting a map; this is a replacement that puts you in control of city growth! No more gas tanks popping up in residential areas!
Thanks! I found out how to activate it now. Great mod! I hope in one point of time we will also be able to import our own vehicles...

Except on the first page of this very thread co_martsu has said at least twice (and several times in other threads over the summer) that they want to release at least one more piece of content for CiM2 - but doing so depends on Paradox agreeing. So it's not really a lack of interest, more the natural progression of their focus onto new projects - after all they didn't continue designing and releasing content for CiM1 after CiM2 came out either!

You've also got to consider that for such a small developer studio (less than a dozen people still?) continuing to invest a lot of time and effort into a released, patched and already content-rich game can only come at the expense of their new project and future breadwinner.

I don't think that CO have any further interest in this game. Their team is probably 100% devoted to Cities Skyline now. :(

I'm afraid that, at least for the time being, this is true. I'm hoping that CSL is a big success and they can afford to hire another team to work on CIM2. Of course, CO ain't calling the shots, so we'll have to hope Paradox is still interested in this game

I'm afraid that, at least for the time being, this is true. I'm hoping that CSL is a big success and they can afford to hire another team to work on CIM2. Of course, CO ain't calling the shots, so we'll have to hope Paradox is still interested in this game

I'm still hopeful we can keep working on CIM2, but we'll just have to wait and see.

one or two more single deck 12m citybus to the fleet

Can we have at least another modern 12m single deck citybus like the comet sun and evo urban type of buses. (non bendy/double deck). I'm not quite a fan of bendy buses so CO if you do read this. I would really appreciate it if you can add a modern 12m city bus into the game. if you do add one, may you please set the default capacity within the range of 25-30 please. thank you!

a reply would be great from CO! :D

P
Thanks! We really appreciate the support :)

We're discussing with the higher-ups about our options and we will give you guys something new for Cities in Motion 2 before moving on to Cities: Skylines completely. I'm also hoping we get to make plenty of new games in the future, one of them being a new transport simulator :) There are so many games we want to make and so little time... :(

Please concentrate in making an ultimate building game. Most of us serious builder players are mature not kids. And like playing the game as if it was a real metropolis in a small miniature form. Detail are a must to make it realistic. In the long run quality is always better than quantity. People will pay good money for an awesome game, so take your time and listen to people's quotes. Thanks !

Last DLC should let us modify whole game; custom bus, trolleys, metro etc. Like in CiM 1... <dream mode off>

1 thing, i remember in Traffic Giant was timeline. Would be great to see London or Berlin 1900 and later 2000 with typical communication for both centuries. ;)