• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jo.go

Private
68 Badges
Mar 19, 2013
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV
Now that the new game from CO has been announced, can we expect to see anything new at all for Cities in Motion 2?

We still have plans for Cities in Motion 2!

I hope not, in my opinion it was (unfortunately) a dreadful game. CiM1 was better, and Cities: Skylines looks far better. IMO, all focus for now should be on Skylines. In the announcement, only two types of public transport were mentioned to be included in the game on release; Buses and Metro. If the other two main types of transportation from CiM2 are included (trams and waterbuses/ships), it'll surpass CiM2.

Last edited:
Argh. They should just kill cities in motion 2 and add a transportation-only mode to skylines. At least do an engine/graphics update to Cities in Motion 2, especially if there are only going to be buses and metros in Skylines.

Lets let CIM2 go and move on! The no-mod game is deemed to be dead sooner or later.
I feel excited the new coming game!
Speak for yourself! :angry:
Some of us still enjoy CIM2 despite it' shortcomings. If you install eis_os's mods it's even better.:D

Last edited:
Some of us still enjoy CIM2 despite it' shortcomings. If you install eis_os's mods it's even better.:D

Thanks! We really appreciate the support :)

We're discussing with the higher-ups about our options and we will give you guys something new for Cities in Motion 2 before moving on to Cities: Skylines completely. I'm also hoping we get to make plenty of new games in the future, one of them being a new transport simulator :) There are so many games we want to make and so little time... :(

I'm also hoping we get to make plenty of new games in the future, one of them being a new transport simulator :) There are so many games we want to make and so little time... :(

Oh dear .. A mix of Cities: Skylines, CIM 2 and CIM 1 with awesome graphics, characterful cities, nice vehicles and buildings and improved pathfinding. That would blow my mind and mash all other city/transport simulations to the ground! Keep the games coming, CO!

Last edited:
Nice to read people like my work...

I'm also hoping we get to make plenty of new games in the future, one of them being a new transport simulator :) There are so many games we want to make and so little time... :(
Make less games with more features :)

Please make one of them a human simulation. I used to enjoy playing The Sims but they've turned it more into a parody of the bizarre than a serious attempt at a simulation of everyday human life. There is a huge gap in the market.

Make less games with more features :)

Indeed. Why not put some extra time into expanding the games instead? Building a single game into something better would make sense given how much is related between these types of games.

I mean CiM2 is almost a city simulator already with all the options to expand the road network...

There could also be many cool innovative game modes:

Imagine playing a multiplayer game where your friend is expanding the city (Cities: Skylines gameplay) and you are responsible for commuter traffic (CiM2 gameplay). And your other friend joins in to handle a transport simulator type game tasked with hauling goods/raw materials from outside and refining them in the industrial areas of the city (TTD gameplay).

All of these connected and effecting eachother providing a real dynamic game. If the industry player is successful it will bring money and opportunities to expand the roads to/and residential areas to the city player. This in turns creates an opportunity for the CiM2 player to run a profitable bus line to provide commute between residential and industries.

And potentially AIs that can handle these expansion if you want to play offline.

Last edited:
We still have plans for Cities in Motion 2!
So you've said. What, another useless building or vehicle DLC? How about actually fixing the game, so it works as advertised. Instead you have moved on. You don't even bother with a changelog for the patches. Why tell us you have plans when really you only have plans to try to siphon more money from us?

As others have said in this thread "tell us more" if you dare.

So you've said. What, another useless building or vehicle DLC? How about actually fixing the game, so it works as advertised. Instead you have moved on. You don't even bother with a changelog for the patches. Why tell us you have plans when really you only have plans to try to siphon more money from us?

As others have said in this thread "tell us more" if you dare.

I would hope that we can keep an open dialogue here on the Forums and I would encourage you not to be disrespectful toward me or anyone else working on Cities in Motion games, thank you. So keep the tone civil in the future please.

Indeed. Why not put some extra time into expanding the games instead? Building a single game into something better would make sense given how much is related between these types of games.

I mean CiM2 is almost a city simulator already with all the options to expand the road network...

I agree it would be nice to expand directly the existing game, but technically it made sense for us to start with a clean slate. Also the concept of the game is rather different from Cities in Motion. We will of course utilize the best parts of Cities in Motion 2 but unfortunately some design choices are too deep in the code and therefore it's impossible for us to build a city builder on top of CIM2.

As for what new is coming for CIM2, something small and nice that will hopefully make at least some of you happy. I will let you know as soon as we have a green light to start working on it :)

I agree it would be nice to expand directly the existing game, but technically it made sense for us to start with a clean slate. Also the concept of the game is rather different from Cities in Motion. We will of course utilize the best parts of Cities in Motion 2 but unfortunately some design choices are too deep in the code and therefore it's impossible for us to build a city builder on top of CIM2.

As for what new is coming for CIM2, something small and nice that will hopefully make at least some of you happy. I will let you know as soon as we have a green light to start working on it :)

I am no expert programmer so it may well be true that you can't change CiM2.
But I hope you have learned lots from the projects and so that future code can be written in a more open ended way that allows you to keep supporting and building the game post release in more ways then just adding art/graphical DLCs or very minor tweaks.

None of the really popular indie games "was" a perfect game in their first release, look at games like minecraft and kerbal space program. Both are iterated and rewritten time and again to expand on a winning concept, and still going strong after many many years.

I would hope that we can keep an open dialogue here on the Forums and I would encourage you not to be disrespectful toward me or anyone else working on Cities in Motion games, thank you. So keep the tone civil in the future please.

I'm sorry, but I even though kensternation is reacting in a fierce tone he is telling the truth. CO only seems to react to positive comments and ignore constructive critisism. Players laid out a blueprint with the most important changes that need to be made to make CiM2 a fun game to play again, but are not heard. The only thing we got were incoherent DLC, that can be translated as easy money. As a customer I feel disappointed that a game with so much potential, that players invested in by buying it and the DLC's is being bungled like this. I'm out.

I am actually quite happy to see something new on simcity-like games market, especially based on familiar to CiM-2 engine.
Four special things I wish to see in Skylines:
- let us build trams and trolleybuses, not just railroad and buses! I don't know other games which have trams and trolleybuses, except TTD-like games;
- provide us advanced route building, just copy the one from CiM2. All other games are awful about making routes;
- make DLCs worth buying, like "some new vehicles, some bugfixing, new feature related to the game", not just vehicles-packs;
- make it so multiplayer will let us know about desynchronizing some way. I don't remember, is new game going to get multiplayer/coop mode?