• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

clubinglex

Recruit
6 Badges
Aug 14, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III
its time killing but if you emprison + banish everybody in your kingdom you can then give the lands to new nobles buyed with the money of banishment. I find this too easy, sure now i forbid myself to to it but i think its a flaw of conception. there must be a cooldown/delay for banishment or emprisonment. because now i can banish nearly all my vassals if i see a faction going too strong .....

Unnecessary
"My lord, we can't banish him, we are out of ink!"
"Then get us some new!"
"Sorry my lord but the valet needs 6 months, 2 days, 15 hours and 10 seconds to get from the market to us"
"Hmm... okay... I guess we will have to wait but we could execute him then."
"Sorry again my lord but the polishing of the executioner's axe will take 6 monts, 2 days, 15 hours and 12 seconds to complete"
"I'm so sad to be the King of Perm, the most useless Kingdom on our flat earth.."

Unnecessary
"My lord, we can't banish him, we are out of ink!"
"Then get us some new!"
"Sorry my lord but the valet needs 6 months, 2 days, 15 hours and 10 seconds to get from the market to us"
"Hmm... okay... I guess we will have to wait but we could execute him then."
"Sorry again my lord but the polishing of the executioner's axe will take 6 monts, 2 days, 15 hours and 12 seconds to complete"
But for 5.99, you can purchase 50 CRUSADER COINS and buy additional ink/polish/energy Instantly!

A better solution would just be to make the tyranny penalty apply at a massively reduced amount to new people that you land after committing some tyrannical action. So if you banish one or two people the opinion malus will not be that high, but if you banish your entire kingdom and then land new people, there will probably still be a few rumors floating around about the tyrannical king...

It's not a flaw in conception.

First, it's not easy to do, because if power is balanced between liege and vassals, most vassals will refuse the revokation and revolt, requiring you to defeat them in a war or abdicate. Second, if you're so strong that no one revolts successfully, then your ability to revoke titles at a whim is true-to-life: you have such a large military that you're a defacto autocrat. Third, the ai almost never does it: it will revoke titles for religious or ethnicity reasons, or banish for treason, but rarely both. Finally, sometimes a scorched earth policy is vital to stabilizing a country, which is why many real-life nobles did it when invading a country and establishing a new state.

A better solution would just be to make the tyranny penalty apply at a massively reduced amount to new people that you land after committing some tyrannical action. So if you banish one or two people the opinion malus will not be that high, but if you banish your entire kingdom and then land new people, there will probably still be a few rumors floating around about the tyrannical king...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game already does this as far as I remember. Both vassals and courtiers get an opinion malus for both(?) unwarranted imprisonment and banishment. Assuming that your new nobility is pulled from your own courtiers, they will be both thankful for the new titles, and weary of you because they remember what you did to their predecessors.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game already does this as far as I remember. Both vassals and courtiers get an opinion malus for both(?) unwarranted imprisonment and banishment. Assuming that your new nobility is pulled from your own courtiers, they will be both thankful for the new titles, and weary of you because they remember what you did to their predecessors.

This is true, but it does not happen if you generate new courtiers. Also I think banishing only generates tyranny with vassals, while tyrannical imprisonment generates tyranny with everyone (I could be wrong on this).

That is correct, though if your new nobility weren't your old courtiers then it's tyranny free.

That is correct, though if your new nobility weren't your old courtiers then it's tyranny free.

Good point. Limiting the new grant to already-living characters, applying the opinion malus to any predecessor of the revoked title, or adding a 'new management' tax and levy reduction to the title would all be nice, simple tweaks.

thanks all of you ^^, yeah Anonymous01 its not so broken if you are overpower because its logic but when i did this one time i really feel to cheat the game because it was sooo long to do and after there were a new nobility with nearly all 100 in opinion ...
But i just try it with less powerful army , different ruler and the imprisonment ratio where much much lower . Like 60% of imprisonment fail and my kindom fell in anarchy so in this case i appreciate the mechanic. Perhaps they fix imprisonment success probability ... Another point of view that imprisonment is instantaneous and faction/rebellion takes time so even if your vassals is furious like -100 it take few moment for them to fight the tyran. That's why just few days to arrest vassals perhaps can be interesting.

Also Tyrany penalties can be more a traits of your character more than a debuff on each vassals because its a reputation like when you assassinate people.
Thanks for reading, cheers.