• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(400803)

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Oct 27, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
Hey there,

I was wondering if there is any chance to change the predefined areas for the company colours on each vehicle.
I would like to simply give the area for company colour 1 now the colour 2 and vice versa.

In particular I am talking about these two vehicles from the European vehicles DLC.
They both have the same company colours in these images. But it does not make sense,
that the HK Traincarries the main colour on its roof where no customer can see it... :wacko:
I don't know anything about the code, but I could imagine it is just changing a number or so!?

CapaCity.jpgView attachment screenshot07.jpg

Is this possible? I always wanted to differentiate area by color, think more practical, like a standardized system, good transportation around here in Brazil many city adopt this type of system.

Hey there,

I was wondering if there is any chance to change the predefined areas for the company colours on each vehicle.
I would like to simply give the area for company colour 1 now the colour 2 and vice versa.

In particular I am talking about these two vehicles from the European vehicles DLC.
They both have the same company colours in these images. But it does not make sense,
that the HK Traincarries the main colour on its roof where no customer can see it... :wacko:
I don't know anything about the code, but I could imagine it is just changing a number or so!?

View attachment 113282View attachment 113283

I can't stand this either. One vehicle looks amazing with a certain set of colors, while another looks like it was painted by someone who selected colors with their eyes closed.

It's not simply a piece of code. It is a DDS file within the bundle files that defines the area on the vehicle as to which part is which colour. It's easy enough to get the file out of a bundle file and modify it, but currently getting the file back into the bundle and into the game is the problem.

So short answer. Currently not possible. In the future it may be possible.

Examples, the first picture is the HK Metro and the second is the Jubilee GL...One company colour is purple and the other aqua.

metro09_c.png
bus17_c.png

Last edited: