• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm hoping this ends of being something like what Heart of Darkness was for Vicky 2. It was 'about' the scramble for Africa but it actually brought in tons of improvements across the board- the kind of improvements that don't fit into trailers well but actually make the game a lot more enjoyable. Best-case scenario, they're all like "WOO, CHARLEMAGNE!" now but the DLC is actually going to bring in lots of mechanics and features for the game in general, not just one really fleshed-out start date.

you can still do bad things to the pope, same difference. Just drop it already..

God forbid game mechanics are tangentially offensive to people with no sense of verisimilitude. I mean, I have my drunken incestuous evil pope, but god forbid Mohammad is depicted anywhere in media. I mean, that'd be a travesty.

Guess what, most muslims don't care, and the ones that do should not be catered towards.

Not really all that interested in playing Charlemagne, so I'm hoping there are some interesting mechanics outside of that. Any history buffs feel like sketching a broad idea of what the world looked like at the new starting date? Zoroastrians, the Byzantines, Muslims, Khazars, Norse and etc?

Are non-Norse pagans going to be as boring as they currently are? If so then the map is going to be super boring.

I'm not going to look through all these pages to see if anyone else noticed... but is it just me or are two counties in Latium a different color from the rest of the Italy?.... Could this mean?
Could this mean what?

I don't think there has ever been a more disappointing announcement from Paradox. Now I understand why there was no set-up.

I don't think there has ever been a more disappointing announcement from Paradox. Now I understand why there was no set-up.

Why didn't you wait for more informations? Do you really think it will just be a new bookmark? :huh: Why did people think this?

Why didn't you wait for more informations? Do you really think it will just be a new bookmark? :huh: Why did people think this?
Because Paradox didn't reveal much more than that and something about custom kingdoms. Thus people are bound to leap to the conclusion that this is all they had to show. It's what happens they announce an announcement that announces that more info is coming the next day.

If the list of features for EU4 are anything to go on this is going to be something else

Because Paradox didn't reveal much more than that and something about custom kingdoms. Thus people are bound to leap to the conclusion that this is all they had to show. It's what happens they announce an announcement that announces that more info is coming the next day.

Funny enough with EU4 it's turned into the opposide after the real announcement today. Yesterday everyone was "Meh, not more war!" and today "Yeah, this features are awesome!"

I'm not going to look through all these pages to see if anyone else noticed... but is it just me or are two counties in Latium a different color from the rest of the Italy?.... Could this mean?

Those two counties are a different colour because they are not ruled over by the Lombard King but the Italian Pope.

Because... Companies are evil?

Funny enough with EU4 it's turned into the opposide after the real announcement today. Yesterday everyone was "Meh, not more war!" and today "Yeah, this features are awesome!"

Yes, that was really an unexpected opinion change (the EU4 community is so rarely happy for anything).

Yeah I heard. Thats what happens when companies only give information that is far too easily misinterpreted. So any ill will was brought on them by themselves. I realized beforehand that this wasn't gonna be all there is to it, but plenty of people are bound to not notice or realize that.

Yeah I heard. Thats what happens when companies only give information that is far too easily misinterpreted. So any ill will was brought on them by themselves. I realized beforehand that this wasn't gonna be all there is to it, but plenty of people are bound to not notice or realize that.

That is their own ignorance. There should at least give them a benefit of a doubt since this was just an announcement.

Evil or not, an expansion which is nothing but a bookmark wouldn't sell for 20$.

One would think that is a gimme...

I don't think anybody plays CK2 because they want a event-driven presumably rail-roaded game. I hope this DLC is a lot more than 80 more years of the same game-play and an interactive Charlemagne biography.