• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Red Captain

Second Lieutenant
60 Badges
Jun 8, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Necroids
hello everyone! you may know me for my big failure with the mexican AAR i did, well, this time i do know how to upload images! so no problem now, i don't think that anyone has ever done an AAR based on the Ultimate mod, and less an AAR based on Venice, i would like to add some goals for this AAR

GOALS:
1.- reunify Italy as Venice
2.- conquer north africa,the balkans, and the middle east
3.- form The Roman Empire

Secondary Goals:
1.- conquer france, spain and Portugal
2.- conquer Austria
3.- conquer the German states

so, lets begin!

Chapter 1: The Expansion of Venice (1604-1611)

the year was 1604 and the Republic of Venice was prosperous, its economy was great, unemployement was low, peace was present, it all changed when that same year, in the elections of The Republic Of Venice, an imperialist, militarist, and expancionist president was elected to power, this president bowed to make venice a Great Power, his first act as president was to begin the construction of an army of irregulars, the national focus was set to encourage soldiers of his army, after that, he made a series of reforms and changes to Venice

he began to justify a war against the state of Modena

he installed new forms of warfare to Venice

he stablished new reforms

he maxed taxes and tariffs

and he mobilized the people of Venice, a military parade was organized

the President began to travel to various states to increase relationships, he retuned, without sucess, months after, when he arrived, the military was ready for action, after organizing his tropos into the 1st Army, the president recieved diplomats from Tuscany and Genoa, they wished to sign an Alliance, the president gladly accepted, war with modena was already visible, he moved his troops to the frontier with Modena, and after the Casus Belli was clear, he declared war and hoped for his two new allies to do the same

the cowards of Tuscany declined and broke relations with Venice, but the loyal Genoese goverment rushed to aid Venice

Modena was quickly defeated and annexed, the president began to justify a war against the city-state of Parma right after defeating Modena, but the global community saw this as a war-mongering imperialist attempt, earning venice infamy, the president lowered this effect by granting Crete and the Aegan Islands independance, Switzerland quickly allied with Venice after that

Venice attacked and annexed Parma with Little resistance, "its for democracy! for freedom" declared the president, right after parma surrender,their ally the swiss declared war on Austria to get a state, venice, loyal until the end, responded to the call of the swiss and attacked Austria, meanwhile, the president kept training more and more divisions, and the mobilization was still enacted, they quickly invaded Venetian cores and more austrian land, capturng it fastly, their ally wasn't so lucky, their army ogr exterminated by the Austrian hordes, and even if Venice was winning the war, Switzerland surrendered and handed one of their states to Austria

it was a shamefull defeat for the Republic, but the president assured his people that the great nation of Venice wouldn't fall, the elections of Venice started right after that

The President last act was to begin to justify a war against the Papal States, and firm an Alliance with Savoy, at the end of the elections, the President was elected again, he was ready to make Venice a great power, he promised that before his second mandate ended, Venice would be a great power, he then declared war on the Papal States and began an invasión

after winning some minor victories in the north, the eventian army, together with the Genoese army, marched south they meet fierce resistance, 30,000 soldiers, they managed to defeat them in two bloody battles, and then he sieged and occupied Rome, the Pope Surrender and accepted to be annexed by Venice, but the Pope still kept his position, Venice was great, it became the largest Italian State, but it didn't ended there, Naples, Sicily, Piedmonte, and sardegna where under spanish control, revolting, demanding to be freed by Venice, tuscany and Luca began to gear up for war, as they feared to be the next target of Venice

The President demobilized the army, dividing the remaining soldiers into two, The 1st Army, that would stay in Venice, and the 2nd Army, that would stay in Rome, everyone celebrated as The President Promise was fulfilled, the global community now recognized Venice as a Great Power, the president instantly began to influence Savoy and Genoa to join his sphere, but infamy was still high, very high, a period of peace and prosperity was surely coming to them

Last edited:
sadly, i am getting them from imageshack, and to make them larger, i have to pay, but i will try to create a new account so i can make them larger for a time

So there's mod for Victoria II that takes the game and puts into the second half timeline of the EU series. What have I been missing! :eek:

Good luck with this. Cheers!

So there's mod for Victoria II that takes the game and puts into the second half timeline of the EU series. What have I been missing! :eek:

Good luck with this. Cheers!
Yep it's called Victoria Ultimate. It isn't allowed on the Paradox Forums because it has the Swastika symbol in the WW2 start on Germany. With the policy on outside links, am I allowed to give you the website address as long as I don't link it or would I have to PM that to you?

Also, it goes from 1604-2020 something

Last edited:
Yep it's called Victoria Ultimate. It isn't allowed on the Paradox Forums because it has the Swastika symbol in the WW2 start on Germany along with various other events in history that people prefer to "skip" over because it is uncomfortable. Basically, Victoria Ultimate is impartial when it comes to showing both the good and "dark" sides of history. With the policy on outside links, am I allowed to give you the website address as long as I don't link it or would I have to PM that to you?

Oh, I wasn't necessarily requesting a link to the mod. I just, naturally find it amazing that someone would mod a previous game into a timeframe where another Paradox title already is established (EU series), conversely EU mods that back the timeframe into the CK series time frame (instead of specializing up EU like MEIOU did, or any other associated game). Yeah, it's just like how I have to tone down some of my historical language in writing because this is a public forum. Naturally, my own professional language might have more colorful descriptions that I'm otherwise not sure if it's necessarily appropriate on the forum, and I don't won't to go down that road so I just step over it. So I take it however, that the mod itself extends into the 1940s, when exactly does it end? The HoI date or beyond that...

Oh, I wasn't necessarily requesting a link to the mod. I just, naturally find it amazing that someone would mod a previous game into a timeframe where another Paradox title already is established (EU series), conversely EU mods that back the timeframe into the CK series time frame (instead of specializing up EU like MEIOU did, or any other associated game). Yeah, it's just like how I have to tone down some of my historical language in writing because this is a public forum. Naturally, my own professional language might have more colorful descriptions that I'm otherwise not sure if it's necessarily appropriate on the forum, and I don't won't to go down that road so I just step over it. So I take it however, that the mod itself extends into the 1940s, when exactly does it end? The HoI date or beyond that...
1604-2020's. There are plenty of start dates in each time period or sometimes multiple start dates in a time period. They have an excellent system set up and systems being set up that show the evolution of war, espionage, diplomacy, etc. They also have a system for Space Exploration and subsequent colonies along with a system for nukes. If you ever want to get a link to the new site to download it, PM me. Currently they just got a new website and if you search only the old website will pop up along with the ModDB link needing to be set up because a previous member of the team messed up the data in the repository and all of the ModDB download links.

Chapter 2: The Restoration Of The Monarchy (1611-1630)

(sadly, i didn't took many screenshots from the 1611-1619 period, i just sat there, influenced all the italian states, and waited for infamy to go down, the infamy limit here in the mod is 50, oh, and i won't be able to increase the size of the images in the 1st chapter, i lost them : /)

When the Republic of Venice became a Great Power, it began to influence the italian states, in a period of 8 years, the president was elected again twice, and they managed to get all of the italian states, plus malta, in its sphere, it was a period of peace and prosperity, the president, now looking to expand his naval power, began to build a massive fleet of warships and transport ships, each time the construction of a warship was done, it earned Venice a Little bit of Prestige and respect from other nations, finally, after 8 years of waiting, the president decided to begin his military campaigns again, infamy was finally low again, he began to look for a target to attack, he was interested on Tunisia, but it was an ally of the great Ottoman Empire, the president decided not to attack any country and instead began to focus on other things

f28KBk3.jpg

he began to loan money to capitalist interested in building primitive factories

hRDJV6F.jpg

he began to research cultural technologies

UAGddSp.jpg

he began to build the country first artillery divisions

835nkwJ.jpg

Tuscany was forgived and he entered another Alliance with them

bOU1Yex.jpg

y5Jc1aX.jpg

meanwhile, a crisis was being built over the return of france territories, Venice decided to support the french, sadly, war broke, and the president moved his army to attack the spanish

the war was short, the president moved the first army against the spanish territories in milan and Piedmonte, winning some small victories over the divisions stationed there, the 2nd army and the resevres and peasents 3rd army invaded southern italy, the spanish divided armies didn't stand a chance against Venice strong and united ones
WNG80pp.jpg

the spanish fell to the power of the combined french and venetian armies, they surrendered and agreed to give some of the french territories back to their owners, meanwhile, the ottoman empire began to decline, and the russians adopted the title of "defendors of Eastern christiandom"
MNsGTwY.jpg

not wishing to anger the russians, venice allowed them to keep the title, at the cost of some prestige,

in the capital, venice, protests filled the streets as the people demanded for the middle class to be allowed to vote, the violence was so high that the conservative party agreed to change laws, as the laws for voting changed, many people began to question the ballot systems
ix0By2B.jpg

xvbIjm4.jpg

the elections of venice where starting again, the president, now old, was again in the list of candidates, but in the heart of the goverment, the most influential people of Venice began to plot the fall of the president and his democracy, they plotted a return to the roots, and choosed one of the best Generals of Venice, Benito of Rome, to be the King, they murdered the president in a almost peaceful coup and installed a constitucional monarchy in the middle of the elections
MM9hxxy.jpg

YdYijx6.jpg

IPi8Oxo.jpg

DJ1VUd6.jpg

The Monarchy was restored and Benito I of Venice was crowned, altough the people still had some power, a prime minister was choosen to serve under Benite I, his first act was to justify a war against the barbarian nation of Algeria, he had his eyes set on North Africa and Southern Italy
I7Iz6Ip.jpg

R7rzTbS.jpg

2Jf8RR7.jpg

dYFDfXn.jpg

VZUV3V3.jpg

Q4IjXnL.jpg

vgt31zu.jpg

Algeria, lacking a standing army, was easily occupied, but morroco answered to the call of algeria and moved their army to help algeria, many veenetian soldiers died of the low quality of living and supplies, they managed to defeat the armies of morroco in two battles, the 1st army was sent to algeria to help the already thin 2nd army, after some occupation without resistance, morroco, speaking in the name of algeria, gave the territories Venice demanded, it was a great victory, but infamyalso increased alot, the King was praised for his victory, and the two armies shipped back to rome and venice

meanwhile, a crisis over the liberation of corsaica, venice represented genoa, but to avoid a war with spain, they agreed to free Corsaica
ebQEM0j.jpg

CDQN0Ae.jpg

Qn50N7y.jpg

a secret justification against spain was detected, increasing venice infamy greatly

cRYt519.jpg

the King Benito I declared war against spain to free Sicily, the war quickly scalated, spain invading the unprotected colonies of Venice, and Venice managing to occupy southern italy and spanish piedmonte, many batles, big and small, where librated all over the penninsula, (didn't took any screenshots, sadly, i was too focused on winning) russia, spain, corsaica, and a couple of German states against the combined forces of venice and the several italian states, after years and years of intense fighting and bloodhsed, with Benito I adding more and more wargoals, the war was won, but the infamy was so high that poland-lithuana and the dutch declared war to contain Venice,

lUmXjGA.jpg

VzmjHrp.jpg

fIT17Mu.jpg

0GrozKy.jpg

the situation was hard for venice, they won sicily as a free state, piemdonte and milan as territories, but he also was contained by his more powerful enemies, Venice now lacked of armies, but at least it had a strong navy, and its glorious colonies and new territories, the King began to research a new idea called sience

QjkzI00.jpg

the situation of venice and europe in 1630
kzQLNYt.jpg

Last edited:
anzb53.jpg

a dutch and french dominated north America, i wonder how will that form into the U.S.A..... ha

Chapter 3: War For Romania and Algeria 1830-1837

King Benito I was facing problems, he lacked a standing army, and the international community didn't allowed him to rise one until a certain date, luckily, with the peace and the containment, the infamy slowly decrased, Benite I began to direct his resources in research

OTx0icx.jpg

meanwhile, tensions began to rise as the egyptian people demanded to be free from the Turks, Austria and Russia rushed to aid the egyptians, while poland showed their support for the Ottomans

pYMkani.jpg

7iPaRVW.jpg

Benito I decided to stay out of the crisis, Venice couldn't risk to get into another war, and war was what happened, the austrians and russians clashed against the ottoman-polish Alliance in their effort to free egypt, the war would see a ottoman victory, Infamy was now low for Venice and the world now allowed it to create armies, Benito I inmediatyl began to rebuild his army and his officers inmediatly began to justify a war to annex the weak and isolated Algerian Caliphate,

zxOaDBH.jpg

pvHTE9K.jpg

The International Community revealed his justification, but they didn't cared, as algeria had an almost nonexistant population

WuQmAqz.jpg

H32UnsC.jpg

x0tePGN.jpg

War was short, Venetian newly created armies arrived to the Venetian algeria, and occupied the algerian states without resistance, the King of Morroco rushed to aid his ally, but his army was crushed by the Venetians, Algeria surrendered and was annexed, Benito I saw that they had an almost non-existant population, numbers of the new provinced didn't even reached a hundred, morroco continued the war in an effort to liberate algeria, but they accepted a White peace

z8aUcb9.jpg

a Crisis arised over the liberation of Romania, Venice showed interest and supported the Romanians

f23tjqS.jpg

190jS3O.jpg

V0H8qtN.jpg

sadly, a peacefull solution wasn't possible, and the King mobilized his armies as war started

E3jUrur.jpg

OKfo5HR.jpg

r5ofzM7.jpg

m68U2S2.jpg

viEXcAE.jpg

Austrian armies where defeated and the whole country occupied, except for some provinces, Venice expanded the war by demanding its cores on Istria, but the wave turned against them as spain and england occupied mainland france, and moved to help Austria

w2C8pnm.jpg

a small victory for Venice, but the much larger English force wasn't there yet...

in the chaos of the war, Teatro San Cassiano, an opera house for the Common People, was opened
offF0Vk.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry for the short chapter and the cliff-hanger, this will get very, very interesting, let me give you a small spoiler... it involves uncolonized south africa

I'm surprised you gained so much power so quickly!

trust me, i've played ahead and venice is in a really hard situation

Chapter 4: A colony in South America

The Crisis war to free Romania wasn't going well for venice, after a small victory against the English, the main army arrived... and completly destroyed the Venetian Army, Venice was defenseless now, and the King could only watch as the english began to occupy his country, meanwhile, they where offered an Alliance

AXQsGEb.jpg

and then something unexpected happened, the Polish forces occupied the few free provinces of Austria, and forced them to Surrender, Romania was Free, and English tropos retreaded from Venice, the King Demobilized his forces (altough most where either dead or in prision)

unb82cV.jpg

A revolution erupted in Austria after their defeat, reactionaries quickly took power and installed an absolute Monarchy
p7bkcQ7.jpg

Sadly, the Glorious Venetian Empire didn't got their cores back, and the austrian revolution made the truce dissapear, the King inmediatly declared war on the weak country

lChnyUm.jpg

Poland-Lithuana offered an Alliance to Venice, Poland-Lithuana could be considered Venice only true great power ally, The King Benito I gladly accepted

HHpHlyR.jpg

The King Mobilized his reserves and po0r strata, and inmdediatly began an invasion of Austria, the austrian army was small and weak after the revolution, and they didn't offered much resistance

LJmw7ry.jpg

3VhELd5.jpg

Only Bradenburg, the ally of Austria, offered any resistance, they send an army that was crushed by venice, and accepted a bitter peace, meanwhile, the King began to research the military

ISXAh6Q.jpg

9ewj70g.jpg

Culture and trade flourished as the first coffee house was opened in venice, it came from Ottoman lands

IyUfSZS.jpg

the time passed, and the King rebuilt his army, but tensions ran high as a colonial dispute between Venice and the Netherlands began, the ambassadors argued and debated in Ámsterdam and Venice, Benito I and the King of the Netherlands reunited to discuss, the discussion didn't ended well, and war ensured

I6gnLxy.jpg

bWGzdGO.jpg

Venice Desired Dutch Guyana, a colony in the americas, the dispute didn't cost him infamy, he mobilized his population and then send an army to the Netherlands for an invasion

dXkdrWU.jpg

they found a small expeditionary dutch fleet, but they where easily destroyed, the dutch tried to invade Venice and landed in Udine, but they where quickly destroyed by the armies left behind

Fzn4yv3.jpg

The Expedition was a failure, the dutch managed to defeat the venetian armies, the King began to build more transport troops and got military acess from france, they send a second expedition, this time sucesfull, as war raged, a scientis made a discovery, earning Venice some Prestige

78U6YA3.jpg

DmiEJ0a.jpg

after the battle of Brudges, the Venetian armies advanced and occupied the Netherlands, they finally surrendered and handed Guyana to them, The King was very happy for this new territory, but a crisis started, ukraine wanted to be free from russia, they begged for Venice to represent their cause, but Venice, not wanting any trouble with the powerfull russian armies, declined

woY2yi7.jpg

later, a Venetian Sailor was found on an island in the middle of the ocean, he shipwrecked long ago, and now he was saved

JCYkYnP.jpg

but things where bad, Austria was strong again... and they wanted istria back

mW7Ir4m.jpg

huge militancy of the groups demanding more voting rights forced the conservative upper house to vote for reform, but the King, using this as an advantage for this war and future wars, decided to adopt another reform

al6l3sp.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Venice survive the reformed Austrian hordes? find out in the next chapter!