• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Right, I was under the hope perhaps a recent update fixed it, due to this FAQ post:

"Depots should not have to be included in a route. They should be placed independently and vehicles should have service intervals or require service when they get below a certain percentage. When this percentage is reached the vehicle calls at the depot the next time it passes through."
The depot system was a design choice we made very early on. We felt having lines connected to specific depots gives the game more depth and a tactical element it wouldn't have with individual depots.

I was under the hope that the tactical element was multiple depots attached to one line.

Regardless, is there any other way I can have one line have 50 buses and not clog up the depot?

Right, I was under the hope perhaps a recent update fixed it, due to this FAQ post:

"Depots should not have to be included in a route. They should be placed independently and vehicles should have service intervals or require service when they get below a certain percentage. When this percentage is reached the vehicle calls at the depot the next time it passes through."
The depot system was a design choice we made very early on. We felt having lines connected to specific depots gives the game more depth and a tactical element it wouldn't have with individual depots.

I was under the hope that the tactical element was multiple depots attached to one line.

Regardless, is there any other way I can have one line have 50 buses and not clog up the depot?

Let's see.

-You can make the schedule so that there are enough buses continually running all through the night, so that they don't return and overload the depot.

-You can make a long road to the depot so buses that don't fit in will just sit on the road leading to the depot.

-For Future games, use the custom ruleset feature and increase depot repair capacity.