• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes and no. The German navy currently is in MUCH better shape relative to japan than the Russian navy was in 1904/05. Also, Russia is allied with Japan at the moment and it seems unlikely that we will be able to peel them away (though there will certainly be events for our attempts)

OH BOY, i wish they would backstab you before you will finnish off france, just so there would be some epic challenge ahead :3

I have a feeling this post will make people very happy.

Operations May-July 1943

April peters out uneventfully. The Italians make small pushes in the Alps which are easily stymied by Austrian and Hungarian troops. The Western front stays silent for a few weeks in the aftermath of the Crushing German victory at Longwy which saw over 250,000 casualties inflicted for the cost of only 75,000 Germans and Poles.

Near the end of May another major push is underway down the East bank of the Meuse. (note the amount of French militia)
vppCwdC.png

German victories pile up at Arlon,
XmBzyYu.png

And Leige
KdUzGso.png

Before pushing over the River to Namur in mid July...
NR5MyIP.png

...with the help of massive air support
QOfUTGS.png

French forces feverishly counter-attack the German left at Arlon with large numbers of modern heavy tanks
h6m09e1.png

But are quickly beaten back when more than thirty additional divisions are rolled into blocking positions by mid-month.
oQDmDhN.png

France is clearly coming apart at the seems. With its best units smashed and its manpower and morale crumbling, its unable to defend itself even from its minor rivals. On July 1, 1943 the Nationalists return to the homeland. Two divisions of exiles land at Marseilles and quickly establish defensive positions before moving inland. The Commune had neglected their coastal defenses due to our consistent pressure from the East and now they could face a two-front war.
ZErVCJN.png

Just days before, German marines land on the Balaeric islands almost a year after US forces had been forced with withdraw by locals and French air and sea power. It is planned that the islands will stay in German hands after the war and serve as a linkage of bases from Wilhelmshaven to Suez and beyond.

In other news, colonial conscription continues. With the Japanese saber rattling, it is felt that local recruits are needed more than long-term loyalty from our East Asian colonial subjects and somewhat draconian recruitment measures are installed in Indochina. The results are difficult to argue with however as nearly 75,000 able-bodied young men are put on ships headed towards Europe.
8aRg27z.png

In Africa, things are a bit more complicated. Mittelafrika occupies a unique position in the German Empire. A quasi-independent entity, it is technically at war with France and her allies along with the Reich and the other imperial possessions, but so far Her Goering has felt bold enough to withhold his colonial troops from the conflict citing various excuses and stalling wherever he can, refusing to even invade the essentially undefended island of Fernando Po. Many in the German government suspect Goering is secretly hoping Germany will be weakened enough by the war to grant him further autonomy or de facto independence. Though many feel there is enough danger facing the empire without provoking Goering, high command feels that securing additional bodies is worth the risk...
y0CsRMj.png

Artist's depiction of Mittelafrikaners circa 1940
german1.jpg

Sneak Peak at the next post
lLWK5F7.png
0EmxT1U.png

plus colonial unrest, more surprise betrayals and... an effective French invasion?!?

Last edited:
now Entente should not feel fear aginst you either *_*

but, this, is going to be glorious. *_*

id say, you finish off france, gib some to entente france, keep half, go after russia, take moscow /+ petersburg force it into peace taking away more land for Poland/whiteruthenia, take away southern ukraine (except kharkov and donbas region) and perhaps gib it to Poles either, or make a rump ukraine. + russia must allow tranfer of forces and supplies through its territory. Then go after Japan. Would be kewl if the last demand on russia would eventually make japan atak vladivostok making russia join your side warming up relations in eastern europe.

:eek:hmy: 10-1 odds along almost the entire front - I feel bad for your Mitteleuropen allies.

It's more like 3:1 in theatre at the moment. The Ruskies have about 160 divisions on the border and, as you can see from the screenshot, we have 59 in the East, including 18 German divisions that are massively under-strength. I can redeploy East without too much problem though as France is coming apart. I probably won't be able to occupy as much of France as I would like, but keeping my puppets from being annexed is more important atm.

I hate the alliance with Japan.

When I play as Russia. The Far East should be mine when I play as Russia, dangit!

Reactions:
Uh oh. Time to finish France, NOW.:p

Mostly figured-out(ish) by that I mean I just edited save files to move US divisions to France :p. Should have a post tomorrow after class. Things get INTERESTINGER

I hate the alliance with Japan.

When I play as Russia. The Far East should be mine when I play as Russia, dangit!

Russia basically has the Far East. Japan gave them Transamur as payment for attacking us, All of Western China is a Ruskie puppet. Plus they're 2nd in the world in IC ~280 and have 250 divisions. Nothing to sneeze at.

Ooh, I'm really quite excited. Reverse Barbarossa. Has Ruthenia/Belarus stayed true? They have a tendency to flip.

Is the Far East transfer a KR event or did you mod it?

I created an event. I think I have about 50 custom events plus another 10-20 where I add options or tweak things. The original event has Japan ask Russia to back them in taking on Germany, which didn't seem realistic if Transamur was still a Japanese puppet after annexing half of Siberia. There is an event I made for Belarus to flip, but it requires they lose more territory and it's random so we'll see. Their government is simultaneously sympathetic to Russia, but doesn't want to be swallowed up by them.

Operations August-September 1943

With a full blown two-front war, the General staff scrambles to move adequate numbers of troops East while still maintaining pressure on France.
CWFpfJG.png

The Russian forces quickly overrun Most of the United Baltic Duchy, but German and UBD forces regroup in Riga and prepare to hold the line. It is absolutely imperative to keep our allies in the fight, both to maintain their frontline troops, and in the case of Ruthenia and Ukraine, to deny their recruitment pools and equipment to the enemy. Ruthenia is especially vulnerable and high command decides that the bulk of our redeployed troops will be sent to Minsk straightaway. German forces begin to trickle in just as a Russian thrust threatens to break into Polish territory.
GVI91vB.png

A combined Allied force keeps the Russians out of Slutsk. Propping up the Ruthenians continues to be our highest priority.
DFXSaqL.png

German mechanized forces push the Russians back out of Vilejka and inflict devastating losses, but intelligence reports that the Russians have more than 10 million men of fighting age in reserve. Unlike in the West, this must be a war of maneuver if we hope to have a chance at victory.
lFhBqth.png

After three weeks of siege, German reinforcements arrive to relieve Kiev and turn Russian troops back. South Ukraine is collapsing, but holding the capital is deemed vital to keep the Ukrainians in the war on our side.
CAwe2zG.png

In the West, German forces continue to inflict crushing losses on the French as they push across the pre-war border for the first time. Sedan falls and the German steamroller moves further into France.
7LEOEXX.png

In Belgium, French resistance is paltry. Five under-strength French light divisions attempt to hold off over ten-times their number outside of Brussels. While heroic, the defense ultimately proves insufficient and the French are slaughtered in their foxholes by massed German fire.
02EV6Rc.png

A German soldier manning a foxhole in northwest France and showing off the new automatic sturmgewehr. July, 1943.
Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1979-118-55%2C_Infanterist_mit_Sturmgewehr_44.jpg

Even when more troops are moved in in relief, German numbers and firepower are telling. Though we have been predicting a French collapse for over a month, dogged resistance continues. Perhaps the French hope that the Russians will keep us distracted until they can find more a more favorable peace deal with the Entente.
eJE98xT.png

As we break through into Antwerp, four of France's best divisions are surrounded in Hasselt by our rapidly advancing columns. Cut off from fuel and supplies, they resist heroically for over two weeks before surrendering. Enough tanks and equipment are captured to outfit two German armored divisions
qni0DPP.png

German soldiers inspect abandoned French tanks outside Hasselt: August 8th, 1943
tumblr_nh3fezUMFR1tdkouzo1_1280.jpg

At Marseilles, our carriers again hit the port, sinking an outdated French carrier. With the Nationalists seemingly making headway in the South, our fleet will continue to strike the port and try to sink as much as possible before Entente forces can seize the remainder.
Iv3G4lb.png

Italian bombers again strike Wilhelmshaven, but our new interceptors, assisted for the first time by truly modern radar detection and vectoring, sweep them from the skies in droves.
prJjmiA.png

Back on the Eastern Front, we are able to blunt, and then push back Russian attacks into Luban. No matter how many assaults we turn back, more Russian infantry pours onto the battlefield along with untold numbers of tanks and aircraft.
k6TDXOm.png

A look at the oft-forgotten Southern Front. The Italians have pushed to within the few miles of the German border, but the Austrians have taken the opportunity to swing the front back South out of Klagenfurt, and nearly to Venice. In the West, National troops appear to be making good progress in Southern France.
bpIPHmC.png

Back in France, the armies of the Commune continue to give way in the face of unrelenting German ground and air assaults. French infantry are swept aside only twenty miles from Paris!
qDYYY25.png

In the North, German forces reach the channel and smash Syndicalist forces in Lille...
asCx9DP.png

...Before pressing on to Laon
QHdw6Nt.png

In contrast to last month, our forces in the East are now much more robust. The Russians outnumber us about 1.5:1 in division numbers along the front, German divisions in particular are massively understrength. However, they are, to a man, battle hardened veterans of more than three years of hell in the crucible of the Western Front. Unit cohesion is high and leadership is at least two steps above their Russian adversaries. Time will tell which side truly holds the advantage...
dWgKj3R.png

I've also just finished another chunk of the mod, so a few new unit and brigade types will be popping up, along with a new tech component and some more new teams :p

Peak:
LtsbKjU.png

Last edited:
I guess you may be divided on FRG and GDR.What interesting,GDR may be created from West side,so keep advancing to French.And why Aus have a front line in a French Provence area?

Just wanted to post, I've been lurking since the beginning but never had much to say :p

Germany is in a bloody war and I like all the events you have created to reenforce that feeling. Will you share it with the KR team once you are finished ?

Germany is in a bloody war and I like all the events you have created to reenforce that feeling. Will you share it with the KR team once you are finished ?

This. I want to play this KR expansion so badly! You could release it as a separate mod, I'd still download it.

In terms of epicness, this could end up a Democracy's Last Legs-style AAR and Nineteen-Sixty Four mod duo! Keep going!

why Aus have a front line in a French Provence area?

It isn't Austria, it's National France (that I had to manually gift ~40 US divisions post-invasion to get it to stick)

This. I want to play this KR expansion so badly! You could release it as a separate mod, I'd still download it.

Thanks very much. I'm currently talking to the KR people about handing parts of it over to them. Obviously they've got their own ideas about how the mod should go but I'm really married to my tech expansion project in particular which I might upload as its own thing. DH 1.04 might screw with my entire process though.

Minipost: Operations October 1943

In France, German forces take Chateau Theirry at the gates of Paris and threaten to surround French forces further North in Dieppe.
xBdzYb5.png

The assault on the Commune's capital begins on October 1st, 1943. The guns of twenty German divisions open up on the stricken city. The Commune's forces desperately try to beat elite German infantrymen back from fortified positions but are repelled again and again in the face of overwhelming Mitteleuropen firepower.
eVsP12b.png

After a month of fighting, the combined forces of the German 5th Army and the Polish 1st Army oust the Syndicalists from their ruined city. Over 80,000 Frenchmen and their allies are buried in the rubble of the crumbling capital and the Reichskriegsflagge is lifted over the ruins.
USkcbEF.png

Meanwhile. the Eastern Front continues to seesaw back-and-forth in important sectors

German corporal Albrecht Hensoldt relaxes in a trench outside Paris October 11th, 1943
tumblr_nin0mlcJKW1tdkouzo1_1280.jpg

Massed Russian forces succeed in pushing Guderian's elite mechanized corps out of Glebokie. The strategic province on the Polish-Lithuanian border has changed hands several times already...
a0wImnS.png

To the South, overwhelming numbers push allied units out of Cherkasy,
zb0sbCW.png

But a Hungarian motorized corps expels them only a few days later.
dBuxSo6.png

In Ruthenia, a combined Mitteleuropen force is pushed out of Bobruisk by Russian armor and air power.
4AxnHOM.png

The Russians seem to be probing all along the front and forcing us to commit our reserves.
UT3x9Vr.png

The most disturbing news of the month comes from reconnaissance planes overflying the English Midlands. It seems the ingenious British have nearly beaten us to an A-bomb. Steps must be taken immediately to destroying their reactor. All tactical bomber wings are immediately moved to the channel airbases to begin strikes on the installation.
vH1v3dH.png

Last edited:
Balance on a western and eastern front looking like in a 1914.Well,history repeat herself
PS
Emm,why Belarus troops have icons of elite Reich divisions?

How does your fleet look in comparisons with the International?