• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could I possibly join and play the role of a native nation? The advanced natives mentioned in the intro.

((bump))

INTRODUCTION

In its 300 years of history, Xantes has seen a lot of bloodshed and destruction. Once thought to have reached the brink of destruction by weapons of mass destruction that would have been used by NFR as retalation, Xantes was saved by what was perceived as a miracle by the people. And this was the miracle Xantes needed to expand beyond its solar system 13 years later.

After the Period of Rebuild, Xantes' State Astronomical Institute or S.A.I. found out about a planet which could definitely support life, the only one which was so perfect for it in many regions. Many have even theorised that there is life there and many theories are spreading in the public of alien visitors. Nevertheless, no alien life of sort has been observed in this mysterious planet.

When the six colonial leaders arrived, they observed from the atmosphere alien buildings that seemed to have inhabited the planet, although their purpose is unkown and they are unusable to the Sirians. Most importantly however, the atmosphere is more hostile to the Sirians because of its lack of oxygen, which is not as dense as the one in Sirian atmposhere. The colonists must terraform the atmosphere first or somehow develop equipment that allows them to survive, otherwise the costs and risks of this colonial expedition will bear no fruit for the Republic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And with this the game starts! Feel free to IC and send orders.
Stats will be up by tomorrow
Orders lock Thursday 8:00 GMT+2

Can we have a map?

THE MAP
ToDciMu.jpg

It is to be Noted that there are many human tribes all over the place, and maybe some other human civilisations around as-well, some of which MAY be in your area. It is also to be noted that various areas have different effects: Ruins, resources, native lifeforms and other such things, which will be noted below.
PLease Note, I am not a Climatologist, this is just what I have got from many different sources.
Resources
North America: North America is a continent shaped by Climate change greatly. much of it's former seaboard has disappeared, and many of it''s former cities have sunk beneath the waves. However, for Canada, it's field are now more fertile, with the "Corn Belt" Having shifted upwards. Many areas in the North Eastern Former United States have increased in plant growth due to high precipitation. THe Lands in the south actually receive slightly more rainfall, due to being closer to the coast. (Dervan)
Central America: The Forests of Central America are all but gone, being replaced by Savannah plains, the bio-diversity of Central America is gone, with the northern states turning into desert, like the Areas of Texas and Nevada are today.
South America: The Amazonia has gone the same way of the Central American, turned to Savannah, the former Ice Caps that feed the Cities of South America, are now gone, leaving many areas such as Lima arid and dry. (Goelgea)
West Antarctica: This Area is much like the Area of Sweden or Norway today, With Animals and plants that used to cling onto life on the Antarctic Peninsula are now colonising the interior, As with east Antarctica, there are many natural resources left in Antarctica.
East Antarctica: Much the same as West Antarctica, however there is far more land yet less bio-diversity, the East has more potential for agriculture, if the land is well developed.(Balia)
Sub-Saharan Africa: Africa is becoming far more arid, with the Savannah growing, however it still retains the last large Rainforest in the world.
Saharan Africa &The Middle East: And Already Desertified region, is getting even warmer, the desert is growing in the Middle east, however the North of Africa, the desert is shrinking, de to more humid wheather flowing into the north, already fertile regions such as Egipt are growing more( fertile, and the Nile growing outwards.Quandantris)
The Indian Sub-Continent:
Southern Europe:
Northern Europe: (Blackgate)
Siberia: (Siberia)
The Far East:
The East Indies:
Australia & New Zealand: (Valonia)

Last edited:
It is to be Noted that there are many human tribes all over the place, and maybe some other human civilisations around as-well, some of which MAY be in your area. It is also to be noted that various areas have different effects: Ruins, resources, native lifeforms and other such things, which will be noted below.

Resources
North America:
Central America: (Dervan)
South America: (Goelgea)
I dont think Derven is in North America : D

I was being Ironic :D, irony beside, Derven is in Arizona, USA, NA :p
Actually I am doing the regions based of climate more than artificial human borders, therefore the Western states and Taxes are a part of Central America, because climatewise they are more like Cent. Am. than the rest of the continent. I am going to say though, Cent. Am. ins't great climate wise, it is hot already, let alone with an average of 8oC Warming!

Actually I am doing the regions based of climate more than artificial human borders, therefore the Western states and Taxes are a part of Central America, because climatewise they are more like Cent. Am. than the rest of the continent. I am going to say though, Cent. Am. ins't great climate wise, it is hot already, let alone with an average of 8oC Warming!
((central america is nothing like crappy arizona, dont confuse crappy north mexico with the rest. unless you are saying somehow the rest is like that even if its hot, ita humid hot with rains ))

Hey everyone. I forgot about this honestly, lol! I'm here to play now though!

The history of our people, child? A question that shows wisdom beyond your years. Come, sit and I shall tell you the story of the Hasaasj. Long ago, before the Great Sundering, we lived peaceful and secluded lives in what was then called "Siberia". We were an autonomous, meaning self governing, state under the Russians and their Federation of states. You see child, our tolerant ways come from the example of the Russians, they were intolerant of the peoples that inhabited the remote areas of their empire, which they only desired for the wealth it brought them. They ignored our plights and let us fend for ourselves, but we were strong then as we are now and we always endured. It was shortly before the Sundering that the Russians granted independence, real independence, to all ethnic groups that were not their own, this act of generosity came with an official apology and pledge of support from the Russian President at the time. While many of us hated the Russians, we saw this as a branch of peace. And we, along with our neighbors, accepted it. Sometimes, I wonder what the world would be like if the Sundering had not occurred, it seemed as if all of humanity was finally becoming one. Bah, this is not the time for reminiscing of the past! Forgive me child, let me get to the real meat of the story, what you've truly been asking about.

You see, child. When the Sundering shook the earth, the surviving humans were cast into an age of ignorance and savagery. We are a unique people you see, there are surviving humans yes, but from what the farseers tell us, they are all tribal and hostile. Hm, why are we different? Your wisdom shows again young one. The first farseer, Nenet Okhokm, spent six years of his life travelling west on the only surviving piece of technology from the past world. You see, the Snowdrifters our farseers today use to keep watch over us are all copies of the original Snowdrifter which Nenet himself used to discover the ruins of a small Russian town, the only surviving sign of the past world for miles upon miles around. When Nenet brought back artifacts from the past world. He enlightened us, he brought us knowledge and delivered us from the fate of our kin. From there, we spent many decades studying the artifacts until we could reproduce them, luckily for us Nenet had continued to venture to the same town and retrieve even more artifacts. By the time Nenet became one with the planes he had brought back the secrets of mechanization and industrial production. This was all we needed to rediscover the past. In a few short centuries our people rediscovered the life prolonging techniques of our ancestors, rediscovered the weaponry of the past, and rediscovered the enlightment that was once spread across this entire planet. That is why we are where we are today my child, by Nenet's example we discovered that fear of the unknown held us back, and with his help. Our people discovered again religion which was lost, and hope, which had all but died out. We know for certain that there are certain things we have lost irreversibly, for instance the ability to travel the stars themselves, but we also know that with hard work. We can yet reinvent this seemingly impossible things. This is where we stand today child, on the finely shaped crease that stands between the past and the future.

My child, go now to the Knowledge Keepers, for in you I see the spark of ingenuity that may yet lead our people to even further greatness, go. And make me proud. Hasaasj will be a better place because of you, I am certain.

With this, the child, named Merkihz, departed. Walking the bustling streets of the only city left on earth, at least the only one he knew of, determined to make the world a better place.

(End RP Backstory)

Nation name: Hasaasj

Nation Color: Icy Blue

Government Type: Unitarian Collective (A sort of Utopian proto-hivemind where everyone has a say and the leaders are numerous)

Current Leader: The Collective: Hasaasj has no true leaders. The people govern in a type of democracy that is very similar to Athenian absolute democracy, where everyone has a say.