• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(669214)

Corporal
Feb 18, 2013
I was playing some eu3 D&T when I went to get my shiny new Portuguese navy an admiral, so I bought him, his name is Uriel De Andrade, He has 0 fire, 0 shock, 0 maneuver and 0 siege. I hereby declare this possibly the worst admiral, ever.

3atEJHb.png

Behold! The greatest leader in historah!

I've had such an admiral too, once. But he was still useful eliminating the 'NOT having an admiral' effect. And he won the battles :D

I've had some pretty crap ones in my time - this one tops them all though...

Does this ever happen with Generals? I don't remember ever getting one that didn't at least have one star in something or another

I have never had a no-pipper; that is pretty sad. And my one-pip guys seem to live forever, while as they say the good ones die young.

Exactly my impression too!

A 'no pipper' could be a new term for the forums. At least he only lived four years. Probably fell overboard trying to figure out how the rigging worked.
What was your Naval tradition when you recruited him? I assume it was very low.

If he really lived only less than four years, he hardly was worth the 60gp investment. That amount of money is quite a big deal for the early Portugal.

If he really lived only less than four years, he hardly was worth the 60gp investment. That amount of money is quite a big deal for the early Portugal.

Absolutely - the height of frustration, not only crap but also a Darwin awards candidate!

That is pretty much why, depending on the country, I try to use my monarch for leading the army despite the risk and then get a general when I have built up at least a degree of army tradition. Perhaps that is why I don't tend to get no pippers as generals. Navy is much trickier of course!