• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AFAIK you can revoke anybody who has taken arms against you and either surrendered or accepted a white peace. This certainly used to be the case before, I'm only not 100% sure about the current state of the rules of the game. And the type of faction shouldn't matter at all. What matters is the act of taking arms against the liege.

Currently got a Lower Crown Authority rebellion happening. When it ends can you revoke a title from all rebels, just the leader, nobody or something else?

Does it matter what type of faction it was?

It has been awhile since I have actually had a rebellion but from how it worked in the past, every ruler who rebelled (i.e. had joined that faction) is considered a traitor and you can revoke/retract one thing from them.

Note however that if the rebellion lasts awhile, some of the original rebels will die. When their heirs inherit, they will still be part of the rebellion. If you win the war, they get imprisoned but they are NOT considered traitors (and you don't get the free revoke) since they were not the original ones who rebelled.

It has been awhile since I have actually had a rebellion but from how it worked in the past, every ruler who rebelled (i.e. had joined that faction) is considered a traitor and you can revoke/retract one thing from them.

Note however that if the rebellion lasts awhile, some of the original rebels will die. When their heirs inherit, they will still be part of the rebellion. If you win the war, they get imprisoned but they are NOT considered traitors (and you don't get the free revoke) since they were not the original ones who rebelled.
Thanks! I've never been able to consistently figure it out but the rebellions normally take some time to quash. Thank explains why it seemed so inconsistent.

Thanks! I've never been able to consistently figure it out but the rebellions normally take some time to quash. Thank explains why it seemed so inconsistent.

If you are unsure, you can:

1. Check the start date of the war before ending the war (if you go to the ledger tab on wars, it shows the start date)

2. With the imprisoned rebels, if you are NOT getting a "traitor" option when revoking, check the history of the title and see if the title changed hands during the course of the rebellion (like if the prior holder died).

Rather irritating, this seems one incidence where the sins of the father should pass down. Its not like they've re-pledged fealty to their liege upon inheriting.

Yeah. This is a quirk. Like with Tyranny wars that get passed down.

When someone new inherits the title, they really should get the option of continuing the war/rebellion (in which case they get the traitor flag) or having some sort of white peace option.