• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabius

Field Marshal
65 Badges
Sep 22, 2004
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
No Rome 2?!

Spiderman-Crying.jpg

Attachments

• Spiderman-Crying.jpg
    Spiderman-Crying.jpg
    39,7 KB · Views: 53
ronaldo.png

Sad news. But I can't say that I'm surprised. There was time when they talked about the possibility of making Rome 2 later, but they have completely avoided the topic in more recent times.

I hope that's just a clever workaround by them making EK: Rome instead of EU: Rome. Otherwise, this is a big disappointment :(. EU: Rome was my first Paradox game.

I hope that's just a clever workaround by them making EK: Rome instead of EU: Rome. Otherwise, this is a big disappointment :(. EU: Rome was my first Paradox game.

I guess we'll have a better idea after the convention.

I've personally always found their logic behind not making rome 2 stupid. "Since we released a shit(relatively speaking) game known as eu:rome before our major surge in popularity that was ck2 with ck2's great new interface and modern look that didn't sell as much as ck2 eventually did we will not make a sequel" and "since a lot of forum posts are made by the same ranters we will instead look at average play time. Oh look, victoria 2 and HOI3 have much higher playtimes than eu:rome, that must mean those should get more sequels". No matter how many people love a time period and some of a games mechanics relatively speaking eu:rome was terrible compared to paradoxes other titles. Instead of trying to create a new and different system for a different time period they instead tried to adapt an game formula that was built for a colonial era game for a rise of rome game.

But anyway, I still look forward to new non-rome games

Last edited:
Reactions:
I've personally always found their logic behind not making rome 2 stupid. "Since we released a shit(relatively speaking) game known as eu:rome before our major surge in popularity that was ck2 with ck2's great new interface and modern look that didn't sell as much as ck2 eventually did we will not make a sequel" and "since a lot of forum posts are made by the same ranters we will instead look at average play time. Oh look, victoria 2 and HOI3 have much higher playtimes than eu:rome, that must mean those should get more sequels". No matter how many people love a time period and some of a games mechanics relatively speaking eu:rome was terrible compared to paradoxes other titles. Instead of trying to create a new and different system for a different time period they instead tried to adapt an game formula that was built for a colonial era game for a rise of rome game.

Rome compared to HoI, Vic, EU and CK was a mini game that didn't get the love. And agreed, should be it's own design from base up.

How can they even measure play times for EU: Rome? EU:Rome was released at a time when people still kept buying disc or GG versions of Paradox titles (I have collector's edition on disc and Vae Victis from GG). After that there has been transition to Steam, which makes it possible to compare the play times as Steam keeps track of that kind of stuff. Besides the fact that both HoI3 and Vicky2 are more recent releases than EU: Rome, both got expansions till the recent times which attracts new audience to these games and encourages old fans to keep playing.

Totally disappointed. I can't understand why Paradox is acting this way in this matter. I hope they don't stop listening their fans, like other companies do when they happen to get famous. Please.

Last edited:
dissapointed.Paradox lost it s way...instead of making games for us history geeks,they started to dumb their games for the mass...too bad,EU ROME had some really great concepts/mechanics

Reactions:
I just can't understand it. We've been demanding a EU:R2 for a long time and Paradox keeps answering that "the game will be a reality, just not this year". Now they tell us that the game won't be out for 3 or 4 years or maybe never.

This is ridiculous, I just don't get it, they remaked all their history games like three or four times and they even made CK:2 when the original was not that awesome. EU:R is left in the corner and all the fans and their wishes will stay there for years, waiting for a game that will never see the light. There are ancient era mods for CK2, EUIV, EUIII... and I've not seen other forums. This makes it even more strange to me.

I hope, really really hope, that if EU:Rome 2 is never a real thing, at least paradox gives us a major strategy game set in the roman / greek era.

Reactions:
I don't think it's "never." I mean, probably never, but not definitely. Rome 2 doesn't fit into their business strategy now, but what about in 5 years? I think it's about how difficult it is to merge the desire for a fairly historical version of the game mechanics, while still providing a good storytelling mechanic. Perhaps PDS will become so much better at designing games that Rome 2 will be a possibility. At least, we can hope.

Rome just needs to come up in our culture again. We should be pressuring Russell Crow to do Gladiator 2, HBO to release another season of "Rome," Mel Brooks to make another "History of the World," we need to throw daily toga parties, I do, why don't you?The demand for Rome products would then be undeniable.

Reactions:
Paradox would be better of doing a game in the ancient period further back, which would lead to a more challenging arena, rather than Rome who control most of the known world.

Paradox would be better of doing a game in the ancient period further back, which would lead to a more challenging arena, rather than Rome who control most of the known world.

CK style internal power game dynamics, and fully fleshed out civil war mechanics, and the threats from other large kingdoms and rebellions could keep it very interesting. Not to mention the fun of growing the empire in the first place.

Despite protests that no Rome 2 is coming is the latest HoI4 dev diary a hint or trolling????

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?794277-Hearts-of-Iron-IV-Developer-Diary-8-Experience-and-Variants

Exactly; that's why I always started my games in Epigoni mod in the first bookmark, choosing a OPM and developing a kingdom from there.
If you own EUIV and want to play a good mod about ancient times, go for aurora universalis, it's really cool and well, it's the best thing we can expect until Paradox realises that ROME 2 has to be produced.

Despite protests that no Rome 2 is coming is the latest HoI4 dev diary a hint or trolling????

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...e-and-Variants

Mmm... I don't see anything strange there :huh:

EDIT: Oh, the ship is called ROME II and the image is RomeII.jpg... I hate when paradox does these things... :confused: but I guess they are cruel and just trolling us

Last edited:
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.