Annexing a foreign colonial power in 1.5

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

trevi2

Major
3 Badges
Jul 26, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
I attacked an independent country formerly a colonial country of France, who is right now my vassal. I had 1 province in the region and I conquered them 5 provinces. I had understood that once you had 6 near provinces in America you would form a new colonial country. No matter what but this does not happen. How does it work?

Even though they were an independent country before??????? I mean if I conquer all the polish provinces, and then I join them in a vassal country is a feasible way to conquer a country.

So the only way I have is that my vassals (France, England, Castille, or Portugal) buy those provinces? And in that case will they remain provinces of my vassal?

Last edited:
And my vassal will remain as vassal with their colonial provinces? Is there any chance that my vassal would loose their colonial nations along the game? I mean being Austria how ta hell do I annex the whole entire Americas having a single province there? Thanks Xara in adavnce as always.

And my vassal will remain as vassal with their colonial provinces? Is there any chance that my vassal would loose their colonial nations along the game? Thanks Xara in adavnce as always.
He can loose them as anyone else: wars, liberty desire. but there is nothing "special". Countries loose their CN when vassalized, but they can still form new ones.

He can loose them as anyone else: wars, liberty desire. but there is nothing "special". Countries loose their CN when vassalized, but they can still form new ones.

So the best way to do it -conquering americas- is to regain all the CN provinces once I convert the european nation to vassals, selling them -to the former owner- the provinces of the CN and at last annexing them to regain them as new colonial nations of Austria. Right? Just to not loosing admin points for nothing...

So the best way to do it -conquering americas- is to regain all the CN provinces once I convert the european nation to vassals, selling them -to the former owner- the provinces of the CN and at last annexing them to regain them as new colonial nations of Austria. Right? Just to not loosing admin points for nothing...
Yes. Or coring five lowest BT provinces, if You can spend the money and effort to kill their rebels.