• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(196495)

Captain
1 Badges
Feb 22, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
So I installed the Sunset Invasion, the Aztecs appeared in 1252 and I defeated their invasion. At the time that I reached 100% warscore, they still had 70k troops left. There was seemingly no compelling reason at the time to spend more time and lives exterminating every last one, and so I went ahead and enforced demands. The achievement did not unlock.

Fine, I think to myself, the Mongols take a year of two to disperse, and probably these guys will do the same, and then I'll get credit. The year is now 1300. The original emperor and his court are all dead. The 70k soldiers are still there, but miniaturized, with no one commanding them. The emperor automatically gets replenished with a new randomly generated guy each time that he dies.

Why are they still hanging around? Is there still some way for me to get achievement credit in this situation? Did I need to kill all of them during the invasion to unlock this? Did I need to let them conquer something and then unland them? To me, it is just a very unintuitive situation.

IIRC, you need to kill all of their troops before enforcing your demands. If you do, then you should get a pop-up splash screen about driving the invaders into the sea. The achievement then unlocks after that.