1.7.3 - Hotfix Released - Checksum 7d7e

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have checksum (a536) and no mods are enabled I don't understand.
Please try a full clean re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "delete local files" in Steam
- manually delete all files and folders left under Steam/EU4 AND Documents/Paradox/EU4
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.

Since installing this patch (from 1.6.2, so the change might have been introduced in patch 1.7), the game warns me upon launching that "Steam is not running" and that "some things might not work properly".

Two questions:

1) What "things" might not work properly when I play outside Steam?

2) Is there a way to disable the alert?

Sorry if it has been discussed already
I noticed an annoying bug in the latest patch. When the log is visible then the war buttons on the bottom become unclickable. So I have to constantly show and hide log all the time when I'm in war.
Whom do I contact to request this fixed?

You could add it the the 20 or 30 other reports of the same problem in the Bug Reports forum, I guess ...

Since installing this patch (from 1.6.2, so the change might have been introduced in patch 1.7), the game warns me upon launching that "Steam is not running" and that "some things might not work properly".

Two questions:

1) What "things" might not work properly when I play outside Steam?

2) Is there a way to disable the alert?

I'm interested in #1 too. Since I normally never launch from the Steam Client.

Many thanks in advance.

It's most likely the wrong thread but I usually attack a country and take provinces that I will use to create a vassal which can reclaim a lot of provinces. But with patch 1.6 I think that spending 15 Diplo points / month for annexing a vassal is way too expensive furthermore if there is no other bonus added to it. Having vassals becomes a hidrance this way since it is very difficult to annex them and even more as the vassal is powerful.

I would much prefer losing 3 to 5 points of each / month as for the bonus a culture change on all the provinces would be good or at least have the choice to spend those extra points for this bonus.

Being able to force bigger countries to vassalize as our own grows would also be great and for balance the more powerful a vassal is the more it wants its independance. Being able to order your vassals to do covert actions in exange for a loss of opinion or to give 1 Diplo point plus a loss of opinion / month to use one of their diplomats would also be great.

I know all that would make the game more militaristic but I think it would also be more realist.

It's most likely the wrong thread but I usually attack a country and take provinces that I will use to create a vassal which can reclaim a lot of provinces. But with patch 1.6 I think that spending 15 Diplo points / month for annexing a vassal is way too expensive furthermore if there is no other bonus added to it. Having vassals becomes a hidrance this way since it is very difficult to annex them and even more as the vassal is powerful.

I would much prefer losing 3 to 5 points of each / month as for the bonus a culture change on all the provinces would be good or at least have the choice to spend those extra points for this bonus.

Being able to force bigger countries to vassalize as our own grows would also be great and for balance the more powerful a vassal is the more it wants its independance. Being able to order your vassals to do covert actions in exange for a loss of opinion or to give 1 Diplo point plus a loss of opinion / month to use one of their diplomats would also be great.

I know all that would make the game more militaristic but I think it would also be more realist.

I diploannexed my way from Europe to Asia including all of Ming in 1.6 so this was before Influence Ideas.
There are plenty of Dip points, you just have to focus on what you are doing.
If you get DIP ideas and want to be 100% up with tech then your country probably won't have much dip spare for 'real world' diplomacy. (things like annexing, war deals, culture convert etc)

is there any way to download this fix manually ?I ve disabled steam autoupdate because I don t want to ruin my saves !

is there any way to download this fix manually ?I ve disabled steam autoupdate because I don t want to ruin my saves !
No, there is not, sorry. Steam is the sole delivery platform.

But I don't quite understand your situation. You've disabled Steam so it doesn't automatically update, but you want to update anyway? Why not just let Steam do the update?

It should be safe to patch unless you are using old mods that don't work on 1.7.x and also make sure you are not opted for beta patches. If You somehow get wrong checksum Steam can validate the game for you and see if some files aren't missing or have be edited.

Don't understand why people dislike Steam :(

- Loot & Income from Peace is no longer considered as monthly income for income calculations.
Doesn't seem to work for me. Started a new Ironman game today.

spoilsofwar

Unless I'm being dumb and you're talking about something else.

Last edited:
The event that brings colonists in exchange for protestantism or reformed conversion has now no negatives whatsoever except when the colony turns into a nation (and then it's not really your problem anymore). It's a small border effect but enough to be noticed.