• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zivf22

First Lieutenant
11 Badges
Nov 25, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Can i somehow destroy Frances economy as germany (the year is 1842)? I heared about buying and stockpiling a product they produce the most and then selling it. But when i order buying a product it doesnt seem that i actually get from it at all (i already have a million pound).

1. Declare war on France.
2. Destroy their armies
3. Occupy their european territory
4. Wait 5 years
5. Sign truce

With this "gamey" tactic, you will destroy their population, and factories.

But that's not what he means. He means to fight an economic warfare without troops. Firstly, make sure you're unticking automatic trading in the resource you want to crash. Than set the scale on said resource to the max and click confirm trade. Than just wait and watch the trade screen, you should be buying said resource every time it's available on the market according to your prestige ranking. It's not a single buy, it is a constant process. Once you have a lot of said resource set the stock to 0 and click confirm trade. That should cause you to sell your entire stockpile, drastically lowering the price of said good and destroying economies reliant on it due to the sudden massive drop in price.

Well, quite franckly, i ve yet to see this really work...

Perhaps that could kill some low rentability lvl1 factories, but any factory lvl 3+ have more than enough money to last some time (3000 for a lvl3...) in the red.

And their reserve would be full given the raising in price before the temporary crash.

Plus, unless a laisser faire party is in power, there are subsidies...Or they can be reopen in worst case.

So, in the end, you spend a lot of money (taxes of your pop...) to try to kill some enemy factories (you will kill some, mostly low lvl ones and those from low ind countries but who care about them) but hurt your own just as much (and your artisans).

Better to not tax your pop as much, they will spend their money boosting your economy...

Now, the occupy way works great...

Help China westernize, that will crash the French economy, it's guaranteed. Unfortunately it is also guaranteed that doing so will crash the economy of everyone else in the world too, including you.

The best way to do it peacefully is to purchase and store a lot of goods they produce, hold them for a few months or even years, and then once their economy begins to stabilize, suddenly release the stored goods to cause a big tremor in the market prices, which will certainly cause a few factories of theirs to go bankrupt and close. They won't recover from the sudden crash in the economy anytime soon, and if they subsidize their factories to start them up again they will lose money.

Other than that, there are things you can do to prevent them from gaining resources, for example colonizing the lands before they can lay their hands on them. And if there is really a war to happen, occupy to destroy their factories. That will leave their economy severely wrecked for several years after the war.

In some situations, if you have a lot of the input of a specific industrial good and you have a high enough demand for that good you can start moving to over produce this good and if you get to a certain point every other country in the world that resource will start failing and can destroy an economy. This can be really good against countries such as Romania (Oil<Fuel), Brazil or Netherlands (Rubber < electronics, etc), Any country that produces fabric if you have the majority of the dyes on the market, any country that produces lumber if you have a lot of timber, etc.

This strategy is even more powerful when you are playing MP as generally in MP the overall demand for anyone good is lower as they are produced like crazy all over the world. I speak when experience as a MP game I'm in as Brazil had the industry completely wrecked for 5 years in the 1890s, 300,000 unemployed craftsmen... the crippling subsidies... ugh. 700 industry score down to 500 for 5 years and subsides from 400 to 2000. So while this is hard against the AI if you do MP its very powerful.

I

I think it is rather difficult to get this to work like Minificelle says. This is probably the best:

1. Declare war on France.
2. Destroy their armies
3. Occupy their european territory
4. Wait 5 years
5. Sign truce

With this "gamey" tactic, you will destroy their population, and factories.

I didn't realise you had to wait 5 years though, I've wondered why it didn't seem to have the desired effect when I did it (usually as Italy). They do seem to recover rather quickly though?

I assume there is no auto-truce after 2 years like there is in EU3?

5 years is not litteraly 5 years.

What you want is to "kill" enemy industry...

You cant really do that in a direct way, so you have to go the indirect way...

You want enemy craftmen, clercs and capis very unhappy by removing their revenues for the longuest time possible, making them demote, emigrate and prone to revolt.
And, as you make every other pops unhappy too by occupation, the longuer it last, the more mess it will be for the enemy when peace comes, slowing down the reindustrialization.

But that's not what he means. He means to fight an economic warfare without troops. Firstly, make sure you're unticking automatic trading in the resource you want to crash. Than set the scale on said resource to the max and click confirm trade. Than just wait and watch the trade screen, you should be buying said resource every time it's available on the market according to your prestige ranking. It's not a single buy, it is a constant process. Once you have a lot of said resource set the stock to 0 and click confirm trade. That should cause you to sell your entire stockpile, drastically lowering the price of said good and destroying economies reliant on it due to the sudden massive drop in price.

They can only possibly drop in price by 0.01 pounds per day though IIRC. That won't destroy a nation's industry.

They can only possibly drop in price by 0.01 pounds per day though IIRC. That won't destroy a nation's industry.

No, but the industrial score does go down relatively quickly under occupation doesn't it?

In some situations, if you have a lot of the input of a specific industrial good and you have a high enough demand for that good you can start moving to over produce this good and if you get to a certain point every other country in the world that resource will start failing and can destroy an economy. This can be really good against countries such as Romania (Oil<Fuel), Brazil or Netherlands (Rubber < electronics, etc), Any country that produces fabric if you have the majority of the dyes on the market, any country that produces lumber if you have a lot of timber, etc.

This strategy is even more powerful when you are playing MP as generally in MP the overall demand for anyone good is lower as they are produced like crazy all over the world. I speak when experience as a MP game I'm in as Brazil had the industry completely wrecked for 5 years in the 1890s, 300,000 unemployed craftsmen... the crippling subsidies... ugh. 700 industry score down to 500 for 5 years and subsides from 400 to 2000. So while this is hard against the AI if you do MP its very powerful.

I
Exactly. This seems to me the only available strategy to crush an economy without getting involved in a war.

Exactly. This seems to me the only available strategy to crush an economy without getting involved in a war.

And could open up the war for resources option if the situation is used against you.

Have great wars been unlocked, I have found that war indemnities tend to cause spiralling rebellions, with the various rebels just taking over from each other.

But I believe this actually hurts the world economy however.