• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is a sticky with all the dev diaries. These explain the changes as we now know them.

considering that the acronym ends in an I, Roman numerals were a bad plan to begin with. I first thought the OP was putting IV as IIII, but it was simply missing the space between HOI and III. :)

Seriously though, it is silly to ask this question in a separate thread when, as the first responder said, there is a sticky with all the DDs in it.

(If we switched from Roman numerals to Chinese ones, where the slashes for the first three are horizontal instead of vertical, there would be much less confusion. heh)

By large because I actually don't even remember what was it like with HoIII.

Then why would you bother to post? Bored?

Hey guys you mind telling me the difference between that thing i cant remember and the thing we havent seen yet?..... :)

Worth mentioning that IV is actually Roman short hand for IIII. You may notice that on several clocks around UK train stations (And the annoying reproductions people put in their houses) and elsewhere, that IIII is, correctly, used. Example; Kings Cross.

Hopefully this tidbit earns some further insight in to HOI IV/IIII maybe please?

Well I did check them out, but that doesn't tell me much. By large because I actually don't even remember what was it like with HoIII.

in that case assume everything changes

What changes will be compared to HoI III? Other than graphics, of course.
HoI + streamlined = HoI2
HoI3 + streamlined = HoI4

Leaving out the HoI2 to HoI3 lineage because that was a different engine and total insanity.

Even though it had an insanely steep learning curve, I enjoyed the trading and extremely detailed tech trees of HoI I
I cannot remember what I enjoyed about HoI II except the individual tech teams, it added flavor, I played the hell out of that game and had all the expansions.
I really like the extra provinces in HoI III, it makes so you aren't constantly going through the exact same paths when attacking. I enjoy the HQs and leaders and the variety of units you want and can build (there a number of mods out there that make this even better)

So I am hoping for a better trading system, a better supply system (come on supply depots!), the detailed flexibility of building and controlling units, country specific tech trees and units, better hover over descriptions of game play (this has been alluded to in some of the dev posts) and of course, and less flaky AI (defend against invasions as the UK, why would we do that!?).

A lot of the new stuff looks really good but I am not sure about the air system as the regions seem way too large and you cannot seem to concentrate air forces in specific provinces as you used to. I know it is just a general overview so far but *shrug*

Paradox has always created games that have given me thousands of hours of enjoyment so my hopes are high.

Most important change is ofc renaming Super Heavy Tanks to Mega Tanks.

I hate you.

last week grekulf made the close window sound a mix of a motorcycle engine revving and a wolf howling.... sadly i was forced to remove it