• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(77885)

First Lieutenant
Jun 8, 2007
Googling around, most of the information about Timur online seems to be pre-ROI. What are the new conditions for him to appear? Right now I am basically done with my game as the Empire of Italia and am mostly sticking around to see what will happen with Timur and a couple of other inheritances. There is an independent Mongol Count and I have a mongol in my court just in case I need to give them a title. What else do I need to do?

I think there needs to be a Mongol ruler who holds land in de-jure Persia. Not sure if they need to be independent or not.

Edit: Mongol-cultured that is. If the Ilkhanate/GH switch cultures by decision they can't have Timur appear in them.
Edit2: They might need to be duchy level or higher, haven't looked at the event for a while though so I'm not sure

Zoroastrian. He matches the religion of the court where he spawns. Technically the culture too if you change the event trigger to not require mongol culture.

OP - you can modify the event if you're not playing Ironman to let it trigger. I did this in my India game because the Ilkhanate had gone Turkish (their first ruler too) and wiped out the GH, so I replaced the "mongol court" trigger with "top liege is Ilkhanate/GH/Mongol Empire". Just make sure you backup the file before changing it in case something goes wrong.

Zoroastrian. He matches the religion of the court where he spawns. Technically the culture too if you change the event trigger to not require mongol culture.

OP - you can modify the event if you're not playing Ironman to let it trigger. I did this in my India game because the Ilkhanate had gone Turkish (their first ruler too) and wiped out the GH, so I replaced the "mongol court" trigger with "top liege is Ilkhanate/GH/Mongol Empire". Just make sure you backup the file before changing it in case something goes wrong.

I am Iron man (dun dun dun dun dun nau nau nau dun dun dun dun). Golden Horde has gone Cuman and Ilkhanate has gone Persia. Its a shame that he won't appear because the East has reached an equilibrium with the two hordes being matched on all sides with neighbors that can fend them off, and with Northern India being controlled by a stable Empire.

Sadly this game only had two hordes. The Seljuks and Ghanazids never appeared either. If Paradox is reading this, please loosen the requirements for the appearance of Timur and Ghanazid. In fact you could use the adventurer system everyone complains about and use some of those features for those two, plus the Ottomans.

I am indeed in Ironman Mode. But it's still cool that Timur will pretty much deal with the Indian Muslims instead of me. I was originally planning on invading them, but now with this information, I'll just let Timur rule India in my place.