• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DallasP9124

Recruit
34 Badges
Apr 16, 2014
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Ok so I have been noticing that in some situations that I have my army's on automated all that they do is line up along the border of the nation I am trying to have them go through.
Specific situation here: I invaded France that was controlled by Germany, set my army to auto and they did their thing no problem. Once France was liberated I sent that same army down to the Italian border to begin my attack on Italy. But like I stated before the army just lines up at the border. I turned off the auto and manually controlled forces for a while to see if they would stop wigging out but once I turn auto back on they do the same thing and just line up at the border.

This puts a real annoyance when dealing with three fronts and I have manually control more than 2. So if its a bug does anyone have the fixed txt, or if its not a bug and I am doing something wrong please let me know what to do.

Also last note, this doesn't happen every game in the same place. Happens with other nations and different points. Thanks guys!

Ok so I have been noticing that in some situations that I have my army's on automated all that they do is line up along the border of the nation I am trying to have them go through.
Specific situation here: I invaded France that was controlled by Germany, set my army to auto and they did their thing no problem. Once France was liberated I sent that same army down to the Italian border to begin my attack on Italy. But like I stated before the army just lines up at the border. I turned off the auto and manually controlled forces for a while to see if they would stop wigging out but once I turn auto back on they do the same thing and just line up at the border.

This puts a real annoyance when dealing with three fronts and I have manually control more than 2. So if its a bug does anyone have the fixed txt, or if its not a bug and I am doing something wrong please let me know what to do.

Also last note, this doesn't happen every game in the same place. Happens with other nations and different points. Thanks guys!

A few things:

1) Have you actually declared war on Italy? I assume Italy did not join the axis in your scenario.

2) Have you assigned the Theatre HQ with objectives in Italy and switched the AI on.

3) Are you sure that the troops you have moved down to the border with Italy are assigned to the Theatre HQ which borders Italy?

4) Have you got enough troops on the border with Italy to actually breakthrough easily? Sometimes the AI will just sit there if it is facing fortress/mountain/river crossings as it will take large losses - even if theoretically it has enough strength to bulldoze its way through. In this case you may need to hold the AI's hand - make the breakthrough yourself at the sticky points and then turn the AI on again when you have broken through the hardpoints.

This puts a real annoyance when dealing with three fronts and I have manually control more than 2.
I'm a micromanager and for me thats exactly what makes the game fun :)