• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mike the knight

General
68 Badges
Apr 12, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
I found this mod a while back but did not give it the merit it deserves ! So I choose it to honour its creator and remind the glory days for a lot of as a fantasy's begigners under the greta guidance of J.R.Tolkien .this will be a narrative centered project but will depict the major evnets of this greta universe .All suggestions about my style and chocies are accepted ! Join the journey to Middle Earth ! Let the Light rises orthe Darkness.....
COMING SOON

Tolkien is a literary genius who not be matched in this life, or the next! Although, Brandon Sanderson comes close...

Good luck!

PROLOGUE
Our legacy is almost ancient as time itself.... Our greatest ancestors fought alongside with our Elven brethens at the war of the pearls to stop the ultimate threat hwose name we never refer to....We had greta losses but we achieved our gaol to eliminate this threat not only to our liberty but to our own existence .....Later we faced again the dark ressurected which infected the minds of our greta Numenorean ancestors and led them to fall and almost complete annihilation if some loyal people to our greta traditions did not make their best to survive and counter the plague that fell on our people's minds...

We were found again alone ,deprived of the grace of Illuvatar thanks to our rebellion ,in an unknown world to us ,full of our enemies .At least our brothers ,the Elves were here to accompany us and help us reclaim our glory and try to remedy our mistakes in the face of the world .We fought valaintly and bravely against many enemies ,humans like us that got poisoned by the treacherous lies of the minions controlled by the ancient enemy ,who managed to survive the attack and the destruction of Thangorodrim!

Those wars were immense ,wars of honour and despair to try to clear up not only the infected territorities but also the mind of the people that lived there ! We achieved mostly in this mission but some of us were also affected in response byt the darkness ,like it was done in the past but this time we anticipated this event... We thought that we won totally the enemy but suddenly an even greater enemy appeared from the East ..
We could not face this enemy and we got scattered but unexpectedly Northern horseriders appeared to help us against them ... This was the beginning of our current problem .Those people who would be good as subordinates and guardians against the Easterners ,got uppity instead and gained the chance thanks to our weakness to marry inot our great houses and gain consequently rights and privilegies far greater than they deserve!

Now I stand on our ancient harbor ,Pelargir which was founded when we were a very young race and the fear of anceint enemy was something terribly real .Someone could consider it a golden cage while the political game is played in the capital but I consider it an honourable duty to be the guardian of Pelargir and assemble in my court all the Great Southern Lords who are still loyal to our tradition ,who are still cautious of the real initiatives of the Northeners ,who are still pure Numenorean! I cna feel in the air that a chance will arise for great glory to reclaim back the leadership of the true blood into our own land!
A great meeting will take place soon into the ancient palace of Pelargir ..The current Emperor is really old evne for Numenoran standards ,and we all know the heir and the forces backing him,the Northener barabrians! We know that the people will not tolarate being governed by men who know only to ride ,we have the right of the people with us and we should fight for it but firsty we shoudl gather noble supporters to our cause before the young man manages to control properly the realm and start to give land to his Northern friends into our own realm!
LET THE BANNERS FLY!

subbed!

I would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions about my writing style since English is not my native and this is my first narrative story .Besides that Iam happy that I have attracted interest since I know thta it is more difficult for narrative AARs to gain attention :)

Nice little prologue! :)

As for your English, I'll make more a grammar note. The [...] you are using is only supposed to be used when separating a longer sentence or written work in order to make it flow better as a single sentence (like abridgments that you otherwise didn't add words to, known when you see a word in brackets in the middle of a sentence.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion volksmarschal ( I loved your greek phrase under your nickname whu did you change it ? :( )

Thanks a lot for your suggestion volksmarschal ( I loved your greek phrase under your nickname whu did you change it ? :( )

Mostly to reflect what I'm currently doing in my professional work, spending time reading the German (proto)Idealists and Romanticists, whose philosophy was called "Sturm und Drang", which naturally coincides with my writing on Immanuel Kant and his famous work, the Critique of Pure Reason, which I am now reading again for the 4th time as part of a paper I'm preparing upon Kant that I will submit for publication at the end of year! ;)

Afterward, I'll probably restore: Ιστορικός της Ανατολής (Historian of the East) once I'm finished! :p

The world needs more Tolkien! ;)

I would gladly read your paper when it is submited :) I totally agree about our Tolkien need and I prepare the next chapter but I wait for more for a bit to come onboard :p

I would gladly read your paper when it is submited :) I totally agree about our Tolkien need and I prepare the next chapter but I wait for more for a bit to come onboard :p

My work isn't worth reading unless you want to pay money to view it! :p HAHAHA! :rofl:

You're better off reading some Tolkien instead! ;)

I have eaten everything related to Tolkien and it is published in my country :p But I should promise that the next chapter will be up at most until Saturday :)

I have eaten everything related to Tolkien and it is published in my country :p But I should promise that the next chapter will be up at most until Saturday :)

I personally love some of his posthumous work -- The Children of Hurin and The Silmarillion tbh. Of course, Tolkien occupies his own section in my library! :p

Do you have the unfinished stories of Tolkien btw?

I prefer his son's modifications to the Silmarillion on the account that it makes the story completely flowing and readable. I like what he did with the Unfinished Tales insofar as they were just published as they were written prior to his death which provides insight to Tolkien's genius mind and intellect. By chance, what about the 12-volume history of Middle Earth? 5,000+ pages of pure literary awesomeness! :eek:

Diary of the war
Atfer the metting that I had with the Southern lords that pledged their allegiance to our cause ,we were ready to strike but first of all I tried for a last time to solve this matter with dignity and repsect informing the King about my rightful claim and the good of the realm that would be best served if he would surrender the authority to me and I promised that he would have an honourable estate to live within until the end of his life ,an end that comes for everyone especially faster after the Fall of Numenor for Humans.
I waited patiently for the resposne hoping that the relams would not descend into chaos but my hopes proved fruitless when a messenger from teh cpaitla arrived carrying a letter full of arrogance and insults provoking me to rise in rebellion if I think people really love me and support my cause ...

I had not alternative ,flames were lit as previsouly agreed all over the South and many armies were gathered and we were foudn with ourhands full to accomplish a minumentla task ...Win over the course of time against the Northophile and his numerous allies coming from Rhovanion and striek hard enough before he could assemble the entirety of his forces .I must admit that we were faster than I could anticipate but the war was still undecided despite some minor vicotries at the passage of Isen and Umbar .But I know that the war woudl be decided in the capital and spies have informed about a greta loyalist army that was coming to siege down Pelargir ...
Pelargir had become again the scene of civil war just like it was during the Elven wars for the pearls ..I hoped that we would not live again such an event ut I am sure that Vlacar is guided to destruction by his Northern friends that hold no respect about our traditions and do not know a thing about this terrible events of the past...so we tried to gather our forces into the forests of Ithilien and set a trap for the invaders and the counterattack to reach minas Tirith...
This battle would be the greatest battle of our time if something unexpectable had not happened far to the East ,close to the pasages of Isen....