• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem_BuHaroun

Corporal
10 Badges
May 12, 2014
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
Is it possible to be implemented into Victoria 3? Could this be modded into Vicky 2? or is it not permitted like the Swastika and Pirates. I understand that these things are not so pleasant and could be offensive to some people, but it is reality and not because I support it.

Realife Examples of:
All subjects removed - Had a dad

Last edited by a moderator:
So?

Paradox has a old policy on this, so I don't think this thread is going to change much. In case it does, it might be a good to have this as an option, like the randomized new world in EU4, something you can disable and enable.

Btw, whats Paradox's policy on fantasy ethnic cleansing and the rest ? If we are dealing with people, lands and scenarios that don't exist in real life, like orcs, 40k imperium of man, jötuns, middle earth, westeros and the (rare) Tau sterilization of humans ?

I don't know that they have a policy towards that, they themselves don't make any fantasy strategy games and what modders do is up to them if they make a fantasy scenario for one of their games.

However Pdx has always had a strict policy towards the darker parts of history. There are policies of discrimination and forcing your culture on to others through V2 and I think that is as far as they will go.

Eeh Since they even won't do a PoW system in HOI4, there is absolutely no way they're going to do this. Plus, if they did this, I am SURE some country such as China and Germany would ban it.

Just beacuse you want it doesn't mean every one wants it. I get where your coming from but some people would stop playing paradox games if these were implemented

It is strange that PI would include ethnic cleansing against Native Americans but not any other groups.

Not strange at all actually, it's simple politics. Native Americans are not considered as a people, they don't have their own country, etc. They've basically assimilated into the US and are now Americans for all intensive purposes, and they aren't really trying to secede either. A group of individuals that aren't considered as a people nor have their own nation simply aren't considered a player in international politics, so nobody actually cares about them other than bleeding heart left wing organizations. Technically this also nullifies the term "ethnic cleansing" when it comes to native Americans as they aren't technically a people that's been cleansed, they simply aren't a unified identity for that.

P.S I'm just the messenger. This post doesn't represent my own personal opinion or belief, just the way it is in reality. Like it or hate it, that's the way it is.

How much of ethnic cleansing was it rather than a deportation? I believe they are included because generally the USA are way less sensitive to these topics, the violations of human rights against natives is widely known and studied in schools so nobody would feel it's a too touchy subject

How much of ethnic cleansing was it rather than a deportation? I believe they are included because generally the USA are way less sensitive to these topics, the violations of human rights against natives is widely known and studied in schools so nobody would feel it's a too touchy subject

Well deporting people of one ethnicity from an area is ethnic cleansing, right ? We are talking about ethnically cleansing an area. Genocide is a different thing.

While i would like to have those options available; after all, they were used in all human history and are still somewhat used today, i doubt Paradox will take the risk to include them.

Here in Europe, while the majority couldnt care less, there is a very vocal minority prompt to jump on anyone they could see as promoting racism, genocide etc

Its just better for Paradox to avoid to grab their attention.

Well deporting people of one ethnicity from an area is ethnic cleansing, right ? We are talking about ethnically cleansing an area. Genocide is a different thing.

But it was not really ethnic cleaning the natives who wanted to become US citizens could, they wanted the land for agriculture... so I'd say mass deportation

I kinda do want the ability to like, expel 30% of culture X to country of culture to make my own country have more ethnic homogeneity, and it kinda was part of the era if you see how many expulsions were organized in the Balkans alone. And why not it is reality. Also now you do have the option to have one culture group expel but than all of that culture has to go, and that was not always the case. I do hope they make some sort of event in vic 3 though.

Yes, it's history and I would like to have them as well because all in all reality was that way and pretending that kind of things didn't happen is like pretending Japan never got nuked. However, as long as some countries' legislations keep trying to hide history we will probably not have it in game. This is not something purely aesthetic, such for example blood or mutilations in FPS that can get censored without actually affecting the gameplay. This is something with clear effects on gameplay, so you can't make one version for the world and other version for Germany, China, Russia... If those countries one day repeal those laws we MAY have a chance to get those things in game, but since it's probably not gonna happen... I think we will have to live with what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.