• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, instead of providing constructive criticism on why *you* think the game sucks for you - you provide no feedback at all and generalize.
That does not help to improve the game experience.

List your reasons, explain why you don't like the game in its current form - that in fact can help.

Really, most patches have been mostly a step up from the patch before. They might have one or two changes that get people up in arms, but the patches are mostly improvements.

The game has gotten much better. Just sit and think of all the trinkets that we've gotten over 1.0-1.7.

When I think of EU4's evolution, I think of a sandbox that constantly gets reduced in size, but gets shiny new plastic toys added in. They add new features, but constantly reduce the width of what you can actually do with the game. The trend has been constant, ever since 1.2 was released.

In short: it feels less and less like a sandbox; it feels more and more confined.

I think it got much better after 1.7 because they kind of buffed ROTW ( no more draining MP, production size doesn't affect manpower and National Focus is pretty good too )

When I think of EU4's evolution, I think of a sandbox that constantly gets reduced in size, but gets shiny new plastic toys added in. They add new features, but constantly reduce the width of what you can actually do with the game. The trend has been constant, ever since 1.2 was released.

In short: it feels less and less like a sandbox; it feels more and more confined.
this is exactly how i feel

why wont paradox listen to customers?
im boycotting paradox until they start

Why do people have this delusion that all customers want the same thing?

Why do people have this delusion that all customers want the same thing?

This community is indeed divided by two groups of player types... those who feel restricted and those who like those restrictions. Basically it's impossible to satisfy both groups in a single game mode after recent changes.

I can't remember when this community has voiced so much criticism before, but the fact that it is expressed in such frequency can't just be looked over...?

I also see EU more like a sandbox game but most recent changes have been rather disappointing towards that approach.

We all play this game differently. The only real solution, imho, would be to add more game options. Aside from lucky nations, difficulty, ironman, add options specifically for AE, OE, and stuff like that so if people want to paint the map, they have the option, if they want to have a more ''1.7 experience'' so be it. With this people can play how they want, and it will cut down a lot of threads where AE is too high, or too low, or to left etc etc.

why wont paradox listen to customers?
im boycotting paradox until they start

I'd rather play a version of EU4 that Johan likes, than a version that you like... From this perspective, I'd rather Paradox didn't listen to you.

You're:
  • Late to this whole boycotting business, you missed by a patch
  • As such you're having an even more of a negligible effect as a result of this 'boycott'
  • Failing to note what exactly you don't like: What do we want?! DUNNO! When do we want it?! RIGHT NOW!
  • Failing to explain which customers they aren't listening to and additionally failing to note how they aren't being listened to
  • Using the forum 'angry' smiley in the thread title; nothing else need be said

So perhaps you should re-evaluate what you're actually trying to accomplish and try again..

Disagree. Love the 1.7 patch and the new mini-DLC. I've had EUIV for about a year and played it sporadically for a few hours here and there. After playing patch 1.7 I'm totally addicted. I don't think I'll ever reach 900 hours like I have with CK2 but I'm really enjoying it.

I've loved all the patches so far, (though I hate the way they change the balance things back and forth... they should just roll with it ignoring the forum rage) Anyways the forum complaints are just of the small minority, how many EUIV players actually go on the forums? and how many actually bother to argue about very minor but exaggerated balance changes? Well not many but the ones that do are very loud, certainly a lot louder than the ones that are happy.