• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

larienna

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Jul 1, 2012
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
I just try disabling all the original glyphs and add my own glyphs. It seems that the disabling does not work.

I don't know yet if my new glyphs appear in the game, it requires more testing.

The next step is to convert the old glyph as new glyph and keep the original key names to see if they get replaced.

Disabling special resources worked, I don't see why glyph does not work.

OK, it's a bit weird, I copied the data.xml original glyph in my mod xml and I got an array overflow saying that the limit is 64 glyphs. But my glyphs + copied glyph = approximately 55.

So I added again the <disabled> command, and now the glyph from the original game is disabled. The copied glyphs works, They are modifiable. But I have not drawn any of my glyph.

So I am going to modify the location to increase glyph odds and set the same stage as mine to see if I can drawn one of my glyphs. Else, I'll have to modify the original glyphs.

Continued glyph testing. I only draw glyph from the original game that I renamed "Glyph of Testing". There is only 1 of my glyph that was drawn and I manage to find 2 copies of the same glyph. There was also the "Glyph of Chilling" death that retained it's original abilities and was not renamed. Maybe my mod cannot override the glyph. Here is a screen shot of glyph testing

2014-07-24_00001.jpg

Also tried reordering the glyphs by placing my glyphs at the top of the list and the system glyphs at the end. Still no results. So I'll guess I'll have to change the original glyphs for mine, and hope to find why "Glyph of Chilling Death" was not modified.

I reused the original glyph name and I rename the text and changed the abilities and it now seems to work. I also add them in <disabled> which seems to disable the original glyphs. I don't know if it's my odd luck, but certain glyphs seems to happen more often than others.

I did not find how to change icons because I don't know the name of the icons in the first place. I'll probably need to unpack files to find the name of those icons.