• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Powermonger

Second Lieutenant
28 Badges
Dec 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
What happens when you press a claim on a petty kingdom and halfway through the war the opposing ruler forms a Kingdom?

Currently I am in a TOG Norwegian campaign and have forged a claim for the petty kingdom of Sjaelland and for Jylland. At the same time Sjaelland pressed claims for Jylland and won the war, making the Petty Kingdom of Sjaelland encompass the whole of Denmark. When I pressed my claims, I have chosen Press All Claims and I am now halfway through the war in my save but Snake-in-the-eyes has now formed Denmark.

When I win the war, will I win all territories that came under the Petty Kingdom of Sjaelland when I pressed my claims or will I only win the duchies of Sjaelland and Jylland now?

All a Petty Kingdom is, is a fancy name for an independant Duchy. If you have claim against a Petty Kingdom and they become a Kingdom, then your cause belli should still be valid, however unless you are taking all their territory, they will remain a (non-petty) Kingdom after you are done with them. If the land you take is de-jure part of their Kingdom title, then expect lots of challenges for it.