• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't really think the game is dead, but I'd say they have to add something very basic: bugfixing, ability to name streets/buildings/put signs, sandbox mode in multiplayer etc.

Exactly. I can still play hours upon hours with CiM2, so it is definitely not dead. The last two vehicles pack are pretty cool too. However, they need to adress some of the gameplay and engine issues at least (as you mentioned), otherwise they will lose all of the remaining supporters and fan as well. In my opinion Train Fever will never be able to be as competitive as CiM2. So i definitely want some improvements. It can't be that hard, come on guys. I don't want to jump to another game...

Yea I just think it should at least develop slowly like some games in Simutrans style, it's okay if they make DLCs every 2 months with vehicles if they bring 1-2 serious updates per year...

I quite enjoy CIM2 and the so called bugs everyone writes about I don't notice THAT much. I have quite good success with the way the pathfinding is. My style of playing is to find a way around is, I enjoy it.

What I am really disappointed with though is the lack of variety (in terms of color and style) in the game. So I want to agree with all the poster bevore suggesting more content.

Biggest problem for me is the lack of the color White. It sounds simple but I think would make such a big difference to have more White in game. Also, I would really like to choose different texture styles when building roads or tracks. After more than 1.5 years support by purchasing DLCs the least I expect now is a DLC providing more styles. There are tons of vehicles. Ok, it's the focus of the game. But how hard can be to introduce another few styles??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

The gameplay I really like but overall the game looks sooooo boring and just too flat in terms of color. I am afraid the Train Fever guys make the same mistake -- too much unnecessary detail instead of nice artwork. I don't expect a design like Sim City, but a really commited artist would help the game very much in my eyes. At least for the next version please consider this CO. That saying, I certainly hope we will see a part 3. And I'm looking forward to it. I can only get better, it doesn't need much.

My suggestions in short:
  • use more contrast/white
  • a few more transportation buildings like train station, airport, cruise terminal etc.
  • 2-3 variant styles for tracks and paths
  • park / tree filling tool like in Cities XL
  • make it a DLC and release it soon!!! It can keep the magic alive :))

Hey backtimer, welcome to the forum!

I like your ideas, they are relatively new to those proposed on this forum. I hope that devs take them into account, but judging by their actions from the last year (or more), if I were you, I would be suggesting different types of vehicles or building models, because that's all we have ever gotten in DLCs. However, maybe this is the time something changes and cool ideas like yours will be finally taken under consideration.

What I would REALLY like to see added to the game:

1. A modding kit to enable us to create our own custom buildings.
2. An improved metro track texture. The current texture is very flat (2D) and lacks a conductor rail. (Most metro use conductor rails.)
3. Better looking metro stations with longer platforms that fit the nice new trains in the latest DLCs. They would also feature long platform canopies that you find at most busy stations.
4. A separate track system for light rail vehicles (trams), without a conductor rail. This would have it's own stops that can be placed in tunnels, and on elevated tracks like metro stations. (With low platforms long enough to fit the longest trams.)
5. The ability to manually place the entrance/exits of metro stations (and also my suggested light rail stations); so they don't land up in inappropriate places (like the fast lane of an expressway).
6. Some alternative viaducts with bridges that can inserted where a long unsupported span is required.
7. Viaducts that can be built over roads that have proper supports. The current viaduct hover in the air without any means of support; defying the laws of physics. This would also apply to monorails which are often built over roads.
8. The ability to add (and remove) bus lanes without having to demolish, and rebuild the entire road.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, Colossal is back from this year's summer vacations and we do our best to help you, the community, with questions and troubles and we read and listen to your feedback and suggestions. Because we do appreciate the feedback and have done what we can to improve the game after the release. We have been extremely busy and I admit the time allocated to CIM2 hasn't been at the same level than what it was for CIM1 after the release.

Since I have limited time to read the forum and answer the posts I tend to put more effort on suggestions and tech support. You are free to voice your disappointment but please don't be offended if I don't answer those threads frequently. It doesn't mean that we at Colossal don't care about your concerns but unfortunately we have limited resources and we have to prioritize tasks to our best ability.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy Cities in Motion 1 and 2 :)

I think the word entitled is a better fit than ungrateful.

CO have said they are working on another project, so please understand that they are moving on.
Also some people need to understand that it's impossible to please everybody. Yea, it's unfortunate that the game wasn't 100% the game i dreamed about, but I rather enjoy it than bitch about it.

/rant.

Absolutely. +1

There are limitations to any engine, to any game.
There are limitations to the improvements to a released game a studio can make.
There are limitations to the amount of feedback a studio can listen to.
There are limitations to the amount of feedback a studio can then respond to.

Particularly this little studio which is limited in size, scope and staff.

The sense of entitlement here is astonishing.

I don't think it's entitlement as much as it is fans, expecting a certain product, and not getting what they expected. There are two options: ask the developers for changes they want, or they can just leave the program behind. I think we're starting to see a lot more of the latter as fans get frustrated with the lack of response to what they want, and another game looms on the horizon with the potential to deliver. I don't think it's 'entitlement' to ask for changes that you want to see, especially when the alternative is leaving the product behind. If anything, this feedback is helping the developers.