• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I preferred the red

Your opinion, it matters not. :angry:

EDIT: I shall be none other than the ghost of LVCIVS CORNELIVS SVLLA FELIX

It is no problem. The deadline should be when the GM has best time; not when it suits the players.
I tend to place deadlines when it suits the players. I'm kind like that.

I'll do this, even though the heavy red is a Roman thing...
If other people can read that unroman colour better, then use that; I really liked the Roman red though.

I tend to place deadlines when it suits the players. I'm kind like that.
But the GM needs to be able to be here at deadline every day---barring an emergency of course. Therefore the deadline must primarily suit the GM; it is also fun once in a while to have a 'strange' deadline. Furthermore it appears that this deadline suits our American players more and we should not always have eurocentric deadlines.

I'll use the heavy Roman red for updates and the setting at the very beginning. Everything else will be this friendlier color. The GM decrees so.

It is no problem. The deadline should be when the GM has best time; not when it suits the players. When Vainglory last hosted a big deadline was 5 GMT. It just wanted to point out that people shouldn't expect me to be active around deadline, but since it is vacation now it might happen; there probably also will be less activity than usual, but that will of course depend on how many Europeans/Americans/Aussies join---perhaps this fits Vainglory and Capt. Kiwi so well that they join again.

Seconded fully.

In as Biggus Dickus to kill PJ

Sorry, Wagonlitz beat you, my friend. Also, the most I'll move it back is 6 hours, my noon. I will miss approximately 2 deadlines due to this, but it will be assumed that deadline has happened anyway if I am not there.
Do not move the deadline; as mentioned there is no need to have eurocentric deadline all the time; normally we have deadlines in the evening---often somewhere between 9 PM and 0 AM here. You Americans should of course also be allowed to have such deadlines when you GM.

By the way LatinKaiser have a point about writing u as v. Remember to write Cato Minor as:
Marcvs Porcivs Cato Vticensis

Did they also only use capital letters? In reality you should also write everything in one word, but that would probably be confusing; did they insert a colon between words or am I misremembering?

And 3 AM here. Not gonna stop me from being

in,

Though.

Doesnt stop me being in your mother either :ninja:

@GM, I played with Jamie550 who had the deadline at silly o clock because he was in the Far East - do it when it fits you

Do not move the deadline; as mentioned there is no need to have eurocentric deadline all the time; normally we have deadlines in the evening---often somewhere between 9 PM and 0 AM here. You Americans should of course also be allowed to have such deadlines when you GM.

By the way LatinKaiser have a point about writing u as v. Remember to write Cato Minor as:
Marcvs Porcivs Cato Vticensis

Did they also only use capital letters? In reality you should also write everything in one word, but that would probably be confusing; did they insert a colon between words or am I misremembering?

I'll probably do that for names, but its just going to be a pain to try to remember that for every word of every update. If it makes you feel better I'm taking Latin classes.

In as Biggus Dickus to kill PJ

All rational players with any sense of justice should immediately form a one-day JL to lynch PJ for being a frickin' 'tard. Assuming that the wolves don't have the courtesy to hunt him night one.

All names shall be ALL CAPS and all "u's" replaced with "v's" in names. Cornelius shall therefore become CORNELIVS, while potato shall remain potato.

I'll probably do that for names, but its just going to be a pain to try to remember that for every word of every update. If it makes you feel better I'm taking Latin classes.

I share Wagonlitz's sentiments (he is in fact worthy of the name of Cato the younger), and the Romans used dots between their words, but only in the Imperial times. Also, would it be too annoying if I posted everything as a "foreigner" (or a native, really) and translated English --> Latin --> English? If that is too dumb I will just ise Latin phrases where applicable (and I will provide translations).

I share Wagonlitz's sentiments (he is in fact worthy of the name of Cato the younger), and the Romans used dots between their words, but only in the Imperial times. Also, would it be too annoying if I posted everything as a "foreigner" (or a native, really) and translated English --> Latin --> English? If that is too dumb I will just ise Latin phrases where applicable (and I will provide translations).

Do what you wish, just be sure that every part of everything you post should be in readable English at some point.

All rational players with any sense of justice should immediately form a one-day JL to lynch PJ for being a frickin' 'tard. Assuming that the wolves don't have the courtesy to hunt him night one.

This.
If he doesn't get hunted night one, he's clearly a wolf and should be hanged for that alone

By the way, for those who need help with timezone related messes, the deadline would have been nine minutes ago.