• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While I don't personally like the off the wall idea of the Sunset Invasion DLC, I understand it's gameplay purpose as a counterweight to the Mongols, so I see its reasoning to be implemented should someone want a Western challenge. For all other DLC I see every reason for their inclusion, even if I dont personally use most of what they offer all the time, its nice to have the availability. So, I would say that any DLC that they have in mind will probably work in my mind, except aliens or those pesky bears, or the HRE devising a way to colonize the moon so they can come back to invade later in the game. All bad ideas....

Protestantism. I'm calling it, I cant wait for the reformation :eek:

Too early in time frame and Lollardy, Waldensianism, and other Catholic heresies already cover that.

Yeah, right. You don't think it would have been a good idea for someone to tell the devs how terrible of an idea RoI was?

dude, with all the forums bitching, it's still a great DLC, also the last time the forum was bitching against using Steam Paradox listened, and they got less than 5% sales from Gamersgate

dude, with all the forums bitching, it's still a great DLC, also the last time the forum was bitching against using Steam Paradox listened, and they got less than 5% sales from Gamersgate

Partially because boxed sales were now basically Steam downloads/codes rather than GG ones.

Yeah, right. You don't think it would have been a good idea for someone to tell the devs how terrible of an idea RoI was?

RoI was far from a terrible idea though. The haters can be vocal, but they tend to represent the ridiculously small part of the community.

Partially because boxed sales were now basically Steam downloads/codes rather than GG ones.

Doesn't matter, the quantity of people asking for GG version seemed high enough to rationalize a GG version (those who buy boxed versions usually do not care about the digital retailers).

RoI was far from a terrible idea though. The haters can be vocal, but they tend to represent the ridiculously small part of the community.

Doesn't matter, the quantity of people asking for GG version seemed high enough to rationalize a GG version (those who buy boxed versions usually do not care about the digital retailers).

exactly. The haters complain about the every release, but India in all reality was a huge part of the muslim world in this time frame. Mostly because this was the time the Muslim world finally penetrated into the subcontinent, hence why there are playable muslims in India in EU4. Islam needed this second front, and the Bengal was really a solid barrier for further east, no military invasions went east of bengal(except for the extraordinarily curious Chola invasions of Indonesia.)

exactly. The haters complain about the every release, but India in all reality was a huge part of the muslim world in this time frame. Mostly because this was the time the Muslim world finally penetrated into the subcontinent, hence why there are playable muslims in India in EU4. Islam needed this second front, and the Bengal was really a solid barrier for further east, no military invasions went east of bengal(except for the extraordinarily curious Chola invasions of Indonesia.)

Garbage. In every single observer game or AAR I have seen, India has been nothing but a third wheel that eats up processing power and Hindu always eats up everything unless a Muslim is ruling, in which the religion map just changes unrealistically from there.

Also take this from a Team Fortress 2 addict: Steam is one of the most horrible pseudo-gaming network DRM power hog scams out there. People only use what's popular because of the monopoly. Bring back boxed games with real discs, we all can afford an extra dollar or two on it.

we all can afford an extra dollar or two on it.
You can but the company cannot. PDS has posted the economic explanation behind this both when they switched to digital-only, then again when they went to steam-exclusive. They know where people are buying their games - and Gamestop and other physical retailers aren't it. Plus it likely wouldn't be a dollar or two, but fifteen to twenty. Disc, packaging, shipping, and then you often have to pay retailers to even stock your item even before they take their slice of the sale-price. It is a racket.

Anyway, this is neither here nor there. Back on topic.

Garbage. In every single observer game or AAR I have seen, India has been nothing but a third wheel that eats up processing power and Hindu always eats up everything unless a Muslim is ruling, in which the religion map just changes unrealistically from there.

Yeah. India might as well not even be there. It behaves pretty much like it's own game, with minimal interaction with the rest of the map. I'm really not sure why they chose to include India and not expand the map for something like the Mongols, who actually do stuff to Europe.

Might have something to do with the subcontinent being accessible only through the Persian Empire region. If you're playing Persia or Turkestan (which you should) then you can go ahead and conquer India and it'll be worthwhile. But since people tend to play Europe in some form or another, conquering Egypt, Arabia and Persia to get access to India isn't exactly high on the to-do list.

Yeah. India might as well not even be there. It behaves pretty much like it's own game, with minimal interaction with the rest of the map. I'm really not sure why they chose to include India and not expand the map for something like the Mongols, who actually do stuff to Europe.

Europe is not 100% of the game. neither is West Africa. I really like india, and as said above India can be a big part of the game if your playing in the Steppes or Iranian plateau

Also take this from a Team Fortress 2 addict: Steam is one of the most horrible pseudo-gaming network DRM power hog scams out there. People only use what's popular because of the monopoly. Bring back boxed games with real discs, we all can afford an extra dollar or two on it.

Speaking as somebody who lived in a 300,000 population city in Australia just before Steam hit its straps? No. The days of your 'choice' of 15 first person shooters + Civ + Total war are buried and unlamented.

Seriously, in what parallel universe do you think even the Steam top 50 would be easily available retail if they only used boxes?

Europe is not 100% of the game. neither is West Africa. I really like india, and as said above India can be a big part of the game if your playing in the Steppes or Iranian plateau

The iranian plateau, yes, by definition (except theres at most 2 powers there) , but the steppes you would need to make a deliberate choice. Doesn't change the fact most games it could disappear and it wouldn't make a hint of difference.

Are you going to sit and tell me you don't miss the feeling of opening a box for a game, feeling the smooth matté and enjoying the scent and experience of your new game on the way home? You don't enjoy that at all?

Are you going to sit and tell me you don't miss the feeling of opening a box for a game, feeling the smooth matté and enjoying the scent and experience of your new game on the way home? You don't enjoy that at all?

Not one bit. And I certainly don't miss the need to dispose of those wretched boxes, either, or the rage when you open it and the disc is horribly scratched and you need to go back to the store to return it, and the darn gits try to argue *you* ruined it. Digital distribution, all the way through, baby. :p

Not one bit. And I certainly don't miss the need to dispose of those wretched boxes, either, or the rage when you open it and the disc is horribly scratched and you need to go back to the store to return it, and the darn gits try to argue *you* ruined it. Digital distribution, all the way through, baby. :p
Let us stay on topic, shall we?