• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
confirmed, I am not a flying saucer

2 tac and 1 lea

normally draw 3 lea and 2 tac on my turns

Phew, spent 3 hours updating deckmanager with the new crisis and skill cards in Daybreak. Starting the game now, let me know if anyone wants a copy of the updated deckmanager.

I'd say: Put it up on dropbox and link it here, and/or in the first post.

randy - Hot Dog

Interesting. This will be fun. :)

Action Queue:
Everyone - Please confirm loyalty
Everyone except TNT - Please select your starting hand

## Confirm loyalty. I am a hot dog. Also, not a toaster, but please don't look a that loyalty card because it will hurt. A lot.
## Draw 1 TAC 1 LEA 1 PIL

I haven't gotten myself up to speed yet on the last expansion, so I might need a bit of help getting this off the ground. At least until I get around to reading the rulebook.

That sounds like treasonous talk there mr pilot...:ninja:

I hereby confirm that I am not evil - otherwise I would have become a dentist. :)

Doc Cottle should be fun. Just don't count on my repairing the ship.

More treason talk! I am surrounded by evil! :eek:

That sounds like treasonous talk there mr pilot...:ninja:

It's just a warning. If you *really* feel a pressing need to examine my allegiance, I won't stop you .. but don't be surprised if there will be consequences.

Doc Cottle should be fun. Just don't count on my repairing the ship.

Myeah. You can give other people the engineering cards you draw, but it will cost actions. Interesting character, that one.

I haven't gotten myself up to speed yet on the last expansion, so I might need a bit of help getting this off the ground. At least until I get around to reading the rulebook.

I am still getting upto speed myself, but the DEMETRIUS locations are where we want to hit whenever we can from the look of things. Each one will be a skill test of quite high numbers. But passing it is very good for us. The lowest point value is 14, the highest is 25, but the end results are things like, Every human player regains their Miracle token if they have used it. +2 distance on the next jump (You can jump upto 5 once now!). Remove 1 Basestar from the game. (!) +2 food and repair a location.

That is in short, but they are very useful to us if we pass them. But they cost quite a bit to pass.

If we have an active completed mission when we jump the ship that has a distance on it. We add that distance on that card in addition to where we jump.

At least that is how things look to me.

That is in short, but they are very useful to us if we pass them. But they cost quite a bit to pass.

Plus the following does not make it easier - but the effect of passing these is amazing and they are one possible source of alleviating the fuel worries.

Character abilities and card abilities that affect Crisis Cards do not affect Mission Cards. Similarly, character abilities and card abilities that affect skill checks do not affect skill checks on Mission Cards. This includes “Investigative Committee,” “Restore Order,” and “Declare Emergency” Cards. Players do not resolve skill check abilities when resolving Mission Cards.

Effects or abilities that limit the number of cards that a player may contribute to a skill check (such as being in the “Brig,” being a Cylon player, or Aaron Doral’s “Vanity” negative ability) do limit the number of cards a player may contribute to skill checks on Mission Cards.

If we have an active completed mission when we jump the ship that has a distance on it. We add that distance on that card in addition to where we jump.

At least that is how things look to me.

Any extra distance gets added immediately, there is an example of that in the rules. You only get one shot at a mission card per jump cycle though and failing is usually not nice.

So it sounds like our game plan should be: Stock up on lots of cards, activate Demetrius before we jump, and hope we don't get hosed by a cylon. Or two.
Correct?

IMO if we want to heavily use Demetrius, it is best to do so early before there are too many Cylons around. Which is probably why they are limited to 1 attempt per jump cycle.

Also, very few mission cards give us extra distance so aggressively scouting for them could be a good priority. IIRC there is one with distance 1 and one with distance 2 and that's it. The other pass effects aren't too shabby though. Flipping the Resurrection Ship to Hub Destroyed before any Cylons are revealed for example is just plain fun.

I take that as a "yes" :)

jacob-Lundgren is the Admiral, he gets 2 Nukes.

Eternaly_Lost is President, he gets 1 Q card.

randakar is the CAG.

Trinitrotoluen draws Politics/1, Tactics/2, Engineering/2
randakar draws Leadership/1, Tactics/1, Piloting/1
Kingepyon draws Politics/1, Leadership/1, Tactics/1
Eternaly_Lost draws Leadership/2, Tactics/1
jacob-Lundgren draws Leadership/1, Tactics/2

Turn 01

Code:
[b][u]Player Status[/u][/b]
[i]Bolded player has the turn.[/i]
1. [b]Trinitrotoluen: Sherman "Doc" Cottle [0+5+1★][/b]
2. randakar: CAG Brandon "Hot Dog" Constanza [0+3+1★] 
3. Kingepyon: Tory Foster [0+3+1★]
4. Eternaly_Lost: President Lee Adama (Pol) [0+3+1Q+1★]  
5. jacob-Lundgren: Admiral Helena Cain [0+3+2N+1★]

Destiny Deck [12]

Code:
[b][u]Fleet Status[/u][/b]          [b]Distance[/b]       0/10

[b]Food[/b]       [COLOR="lime"]08/08[/COLOR]      [b]Vipers[/b]         2 Active, 4 in Reserve, 0 Damaged
[b]Fuel[/b]       [COLOR="lime"]08/08[/COLOR]      [b]Vipers VII[/b]     0 Active, 0 in Reserve, 4 Damaged
[b]Morale[/b]     [COLOR="lime"]10/10[/COLOR]      [b]Raptors[/b]        4 in Reserve
[b]Population[/b] [COLOR="lime"]12/12[/COLOR]      [b]Attack Raptors[/b] 0 Active, 1 in Reserve

Cylon Boarding [ ] - [COLOR="yellow"][ ][/COLOR]    - [COLOR="DarkOrange"][ ][/COLOR] - [COLOR="red"][ ][/COLOR]    -          [COLOR="Red"] [ DEATH  ][/COLOR]
Pursuit Track  [X] - [COLOR="yellow"][ ] 1c[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"][ ][/COLOR] - [COLOR="red"][ ] 2c[/COLOR] -          [COLOR="Red"] [ ATTACK ][/COLOR]
Jump Prep      [X] - [COLOR="wheat"][ ][/COLOR]    - [COLOR="yellow"][ ][/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"][ ] 3p[/COLOR] - [COLOR="red"][ ] 1p[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Lime"] [ *JUMP* ][/COLOR]

Reserve   Civs  10
Active    Civs  2
Destroyed Civs  0

Ships and Resources Remaining
-- 1 Pop            x6
-- 1 Pop & 1 Morale x1
-- 2 Pop            x2
-- 1 Pop & 1 Fuel   x1
-- Empty            x2
-- Galactica Food Damage Token
-- Galactica Fuel Damage Token
-- Galactica 
-- Basestars x 1
-- Raiders x 17
-- Heavy x 4
-- Boarding Parties x4

Code:
[b]Galactica[/b]  (0/6 Damage)
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]FTL Control[/i]
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Weapons Control[/i]
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Command[/i]
[i]Communications[/i]
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Admiral’s Quarters[/i] [COLOR="orange"]Eternaly_Lost: President Lee Adama (Pol)[/COLOR]
[i]Research Lab[/i] [COLOR="orange"]Trinitrotoluen: Sherman "Doc" Cottle[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Hangar Deck[/i] [COLOR="orange"]randakar: CAG Brandon "Hot Dog" Constanza[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Armory[/i] 
[i]Sickbay[/i]
[i]Brig[/i] 

[b]Pegasus[/b] (0/4 Damage)
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Pegasus CIC[/i] 
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Airlock[/i] 
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Main Batteries[/i] 
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Engine Room[/i]
Code:
[b]Colonial One[/b]
[i]Quorum Chamber[/i]
[i]Press Room[/i] [COLOR="orange"]Kingepyon: Tory Foster[/COLOR]
[i]President’s Office[/i]  
[i]Administration[/i]

[b]Demetrius[/b]
[i]Bridge[/i]
[i]Tactical Plot[/i]
[i]Captain's Cabin[/i]  
[b]Active Mission: None[/b]

[b]Rebel Basestar[/b]
[b]Allegiance: None - Cannot be used until a side is determined from the "Cylon Civil War" mission card.[/b]
[i]Hybrid Tank[/i]
[i]Datastream[/i]  
[i]Raider Bay[/i]

[b]Cylon Locations[/b]
[i]Caprica[/i]  
[i]Cylon Fleet[/i] 
[i]Human Fleet[/i]  
[i]Resurrection Ship[/i]  
[i]BaseStar Bridge[/i]

[b]Off-ship:[/b]

Main Board
Code:
\      BRAVO   |   CHARLIE    /  
 \             |             /
  \            |            /
   \           |           /
    \          |          /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       /
        \      |      /
         \     |     /
          \    |    /
           \   |   /
A           \  |  /           D
L            \ | /            E
P   Basestar  \|/   Civ x2    L
H   Raider x3 /|\             T
A            / | \            A
            /  |  \           
           /   |   \
          /    |    \
         /     |     \
        /      |      \
       /       |       \
      /        |        \
     /         |         \
    /          |          \
   /           |           \
  /   Viper    |   Viper    \
 /             |             \
/    FOXTROT   |   ECHO       \

Cylon Fleet Board
Code:
\      5-6     |      3       /  
 \             |             /
  \            |            /
   \           |           /
    \          |          /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       /
        \      |      /
         \     |     /
          \    |    /
           \   |   /
            \  |  /   
7            \ | /            
|             \|/               1
8             /|\             
             / | \   
            /  |  \            
           /   |   \  
          /    |    \    
         /     |     \    
        /      |      \   
       /       |       \
      /        |        \
     /         |         \
    /          |          \
   /           |           \
  /            |            \
 /             |             \
/       4      |      2       \

Cards in play:

Action Queue:
Everyone - Please check board sanity
JL - Please choose your starting location
EL - Please choose your default variable draw
TNT - Move/Action

Last edited:
I take that as a "yes" :)

Yes.

So clearly we need to move to the Tactical Plot Location. Then hunt for a mission whenever we can spare the actions.

We do have several ways to get a lot of cards. Thanks to Tory and Doc.

I still need to figure out when my turn rolls around, as I can XO then activate where I am.

I was thinking that the President Office might be best with Tory here. But we got a few turns before my turn rolls around for me to decide later.

I personally think the remove basestar from game might be the better one with the Cylon Fleet. As that does put a big cap on the ships that can be launched when they attack and how long they can stay away without a 'micro' attack.

That captain's cabin looks pretty good right now as well. 1 card for everyone every time it's activated? Nice. Especially this early in the game.

EL - Don't worry about this preload, but going forward please PM me preloads that involve secret information (eg. hand information)

Given this is the first game on Daybreak and there's lots of discussion on mission cards. Just keep in mind going for a mission means:
(1) no crisis for that turn
(2) no character ability (except drawbacks related to skill checks, so it is the same as a super crisis)
(3) no card ability (basically the texts on skill cards does not matter and you cannot play any skill cards before, during or after the mission card skill check). So it is the raw strength that determines whether you pass the skill check or not.

EL - Don't worry about this preload, but going forward please PM me preloads that involve secret information (eg. hand information)

Personally, given that I can also preload by PM as well, I was treating that preload as telling the other players what I plan to do. They had no way of knowing if I go and send you another PM with a different draw orders or not. All they will know for certain is, what did I draw. Not why I drew it, although if I pull 2 LEA cards, they can likely guess given my plus side. And I have a very hard time explaining why I did not pull any LEA cards if I did not have an XO in hand.

Personally, given that I can also preload by PM as well, I was treating that preload as telling the other players what I plan to do. They had no way of knowing if I go and send you another PM with a different draw orders or not. All they will know for certain is, what did I draw. Not why I drew it, although if I pull 2 LEA cards, they can likely guess given my plus side. And I have a very hard time explaining why I did not pull any LEA cards if I did not have an XO in hand.

True, I probably pulled the trigger a bit too quickly on this one. It's been a while since I played or GMed a BSG game so I was erring on the cautious side :)

move to Demetrius [discard Tactics-0 (Trust Instincts)]
activate Captain's Cabin
make everyone draw LEA