• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Brischkopp

Recruit
6 Badges
May 31, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
I dont know if there is still someone reading the forums, but i'am aksing anyway:

Sometimes (couldn't find out when), my vessels just dont attack the enemy. I can right-click on them, i even get a message saying that the target is being attacked, but they dont and the status keeps at "Patrol". My ships just move to the target. Anyone who can help me with this? Is it a bug, or am i doing something wrong?

Ok, i think i know what the problem was:

When i lose the visual/radar/sonar contact to the target, the map displays the last known position (is that correct?). And obviously i can't attack the ship when i don't know where at is. So far so good. But the last position keeps on the map even when i relocate the target which can make the map pretty confusing.

As far as I know, it does not display the last known position of the contact. Maybe what's going on is that you lost contact with one of the ships of a formation, but you still have contact with one or more of the other ships so the formation's icon still shows up on your screen. "Formation" versus "where the actual enemy vehicle is" gets even more confusing with air combat since the planes sometimes separate out over a considerable distance but the game still considers them as being part of a formation and will try to depict that formation with an icon even when it makes no sense.