• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ater

Sergeant
90 Badges
Jul 13, 2014
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • IPO Investor
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Impire
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2
  • Prison Architect
  • Sengoku
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Surviving Mars
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
Since I'm new here, hello everybody!

The reason I finally registered on this site is the achievement Top Dog (Have 100% reputation), I have been trying to get it every day (playing a good amount of hours each day) in the last weeks and it's really driving my crazy right now, no matter what I do I always end up with 96 - 99% reputation in every category and 98% in total reputation.

I get to that level really fast but no matter what I try I can't get passed it. As an example, the game I started this morning reached:
Total: 98%
White collar: 98%
Blue collar: 98%
Students: 98%
Business people: 96%
Pensioner: 98%
Tourists: 96%

Took less then an hour to reach does numbers, but since that they haven't moved other then that a few of them sometimes fluctuate between the numbers above and one percentage below.

The things I do:
Make sure everything is green (covered by multiple lines).
Have my lines run 24/7.
Use short time table, making sure I don’t have any red/yellow people waiting at the spots or in the vehicles.
Employees - keep everyone at 100% happiness.
Set overcrowding to 0%.
I only use vehicles and stops with the highest service quality (have experimented with my own rule set to get 100% service quality)

What I have experimented with (everything I write below I have tried multiple times, not just once):
Prices - When I stared hunting for this achievement I always set all the prices to 0. Later on I started setting prices low, but not 0, keeping them blue. Didn't notice any difference in the result. Also I tried to after reaching about 98% reputation lowering from blue values to 0, didn't gain any rep from that. Usually the change in price is pretty big to, not just from 0,10 to 0, more like from 0,50 to 0, but not change to reputation.

Actually the last time I went from like 0,50 to 0 i ticket prices I went from 98% to 97% in two of the groups, if it was a coincidence or not I don't know.

Zones - I haven't notices any differers using or not using zones.

Routes and stops: - I have experimented a lot with different routs and stops, trying to see if people gets more happy if the rout starts and ends/loops by the "right" buildings and if the placement of stops makes a different (as an example, if my students reputation is low, does it change anything if I make sure that every school has a stop next to the entrance and that it's a quick and easy route between their home and the school and things like that). But after a lot of testing I really can't say I have noticed any difference, the only thing that seems to matter is that every part of the map is green and that different lines connect to each other so people can get from where they are to where they want to get without having to walk long distances.

Timetables - The only thing that I have notice makes a difference is that your lines is on a timetable that makes sure that nobody has to wait long enough to get yellow/red. But after that it doesn't seem to make any difference if the buss/sub/tram/trolly/waterbus passes by the stop more often then that.

Landmarks - After reading on some web page that Landmarks could help a lot with this achievement I started to experiment a lot with them (the three you can get for free from the shop). But after a huge amount of testing in many games I haven't noticed any reputation changes at all related to landmarks so I guess that the guy who wrote that was just trolling.

Different types of vehicles - Does blue collar prefer the bus? Does pensioners avoid the trolley? After a lot of testing it seems that it doesn't matter at all. As a matter of fact I have no problem reaching a reputation of 97-98% only using on single type of vehicle and if I create a city with only metros as an example and then suddenly adds buses and trams after reaching 98% reputation the new lines and vehicle types doesn't seem to have any effect on the reputation at all.

Number of inspectors - Sometimes I have notices a small difference in popularity when going from 0 to 1000, 5000, 10000 inspectors, specially when it comes to pensioner reputation. But a lot of times changing the number of inspectors haven't changed any reputation at all, so it might just be a coincidence the times I have notice a small change.

Custom maps - I usually play on Tutorial City since it's small (just removing that house thats far away from the rest of the town). I'm not very good at creating my own maps, but I have tried and I have tried maps other people have created from the Steam Workshop, but I haven't gotten any better results from then compared to the results I get from the default maps that comes with the game. Maybe somebody better than me have created a really good map for this achievement?

Custom rules - As with maps I'm no pro when it comes to create rules, but I have experimented a lot with it using rules that makes the quality of the vehicles and stops 100%, that increases the since of the amount of passengers a single vehicle can take and that increases the amount of vehicles a single depot can handle. Thinks like that makes it easier and quicker to reach 97-98% but it doesn't take me beyond that. Maybe somebody better than me have created good rules for this achievement?

And more - I have tried a lot during all the hours I put in during the last weeks, I just can't remember everything right now. :)

This is where I stand right now, I really need help from you guys and girls that are better on this game then me. How to I get this achievement? What do I need to change in what I do? How can I improve my game? Have you made a good map for this achievement that you are willing to share? Any other tips and tricks out there?

Moved to the correct forum, as it belongs to CiM 2 not 1.

Reputation is affected by how well the vehicles keep schedule and how overcrowded they are.

You reputation decreases when:
- vehicles arrive late at the station;
- vehicles are overcrowd;
- vehicles broke down too often, which will make them to be late.

You don't need to cover a lot of the map, and make your lines in place where traffic is minimum. 100% is very hard, perhaps would be the best to use tracks systems only, such as metro that have zero interference from traffic.

Thanks for your reply douglasrac, but the things you list is just the things I do. I alway make sure I make lines where vehicles arrive in time, where they are not overcrowd and where they get the time they need to get taken cared of so they don't break down.

I often start my maps by only using metros and don't try to add other systems before I have been stuck at about 98% for hours (real time, not ingame time).

So it got to be more to it, some small detail that helps you take that final step pushing things that last percentage.

Hate to say this but you could have done a custom map with very few people and like one bus route for the achievement :') but its nice to see you did it legitly instead of my cheating method :')

Hate to say this but you could have done a custom map with very few people and like one bus route for the achievement :') but its nice to see you did it legitly instead of my cheating method :')

Are you sure about that? Might be my map making skills that are really bad, but I have tried with really small self crated maps but then I always ends up with lower reputation on does maps then I do on tutorial city. You don't mind sharing the small map that worked for you?

The achievement of getting 100% coverage on the other hand, that one works perfect on a really small one block map.

Thanks for your reply douglasrac, but the things you list is just the things I do. I alway make sure I make lines where vehicles arrive in time, where they are not overcrowd and where they get the time they need to get taken cared of so they don't break down.
Do you use looped lines? There's currently a bug which makes passengers think the bus was late if the loops (due to be fixed in the next patch, according to co_martsu). Not sure if this would have any impact on things for you.

Do you use looped lines? There's currently a bug which makes passengers think the bus was late if the loops (due to be fixed in the next patch, according to co_martsu). Not sure if this would have any impact on things for you.

Didn't know about that bug, thanks for letting me know. But I don't use any of my stops twice in a rout so I should not be affected by the bug, and since I'm not getting any yellow or red faces from the passengers all my vehicles should arrive in time. Since only 0,7% of all the players have manage to get the achievement I guess it's just a really hard one, so all help or theories are welcome. :)

I finally got it!

I also learnt two important things that other achievement hunters might be interested in:

RNG
The last game I played played I exited without saving, I had saved the game about two hours earlier but didn't save again when I quit since I thought that the game was lost, I had been stuck at the same popularity numbers for a long time and I though it couldn't improve. Was going to start a new game instead next time, but for some weird reason I loaded up the old save instead and just put the game on Very fast. I didn't change a single thing, let everything be exactly as I did for does two unsaved hours. Without changing anything I got the achievement after about 20 min. So when hunting for this achievement it might be worth saving the game when you have some pretty decent popularity numbers and if they haven't improved in an hour or two just exit and load that save to see if you have better luck with the RNG gods next time.

100% popularity doesn't show!
I have always though that when you reach 100% it will say 100%, it dosen't! When I got the achievement it looked like this:
TopDog1.jpg
Total reputation: 99%
Blue collar: 99%
White collar: 99%
Student: 99%
Business people: 98%
Pensioner: 99%
Tourists: 98%

This is a major thing to me, I have been stuck with reputations hovering between 98-99% so many times, while they as a matter of fact probably were hovering between 98-100%, If would have known that I was that close and that the stats were actually reaching 100% I might have finish does games in another way perhaps getting the achievement with a lot less hours spent. I recommend that all achievement hunters follow the Company Popularity window that can be found under Data Panel > Graphs instead, it gives a more accurate picture, look on the Day-tab, it was the only one showing my stats at 100%, on the month tab a lot of them were far from 100%, it showed average at 92% or something like that.

This is how the month tab graph looked when I got the achievement, unfortunately didn't take any screenshot at the day tab, but the graphs there vere going all the way to the top.
TopDog2.jpg