• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bolkonskij

Second Lieutenant
9 Badges
Sep 26, 2008
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
(I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I was almost sure it was. But I couldn't dig it up?)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently playing a game as Portugal, which has been challenging but fun. Portugal is a pre-industrial nation. How can I develop it into a e.g. semi industrial nation?

Do I need to research a specific tech that will trigger an event? Is there a "your-country-has-evolved" event (id?) ?

Now that I've played the game multiple times with every bigger nation it might be fun to take some of the smaller nations, "power-industrialize" them and see what impact they can make on the course of history... :)

Any help appreciated.

well thanks for the answer Blecky.

I went ahead and created an event for a what-if scenario that would semi-industrialize Ethiopia. (yeah, let's not talk about how realistic that would be..)

However, upon firing it and changing ETH to semi-industrial, the tech-tree stays locked. How to unlock it?

Well if you whant to unlock the tech's you need the follow command: "command = { type = activate which = 5010 } # 1934 Light Industry " 5010 being the tech ID

Now for the numbers you need to look at the \db\tech\industry_tech.txt

From there simple way is unlock the "Semi-Industrialized Economy" 5220

But do note that it changes A LOT of things. Look it up on the tech tree or in the tech file. Also if you whant the AI to reserch if you need to edit the ai file. In it look for the tech id agen.

But i dont think Ethiopia can benefit from any of this.....

The low tech levels actually HELP underdeveloped countries. They can build divisions quicker with less IC and need fewer supplies to feed them.