• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Super-Soviet

The Totalitarian Weeb
93 Badges
Jul 15, 2010
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
11jpt8h.jpg

Are you a Frankish Catholic King, who has founded Crusader States as far as the Indus? Are you a Mongol Khan whose stallion mounts the world? As a new Roman Emperor do your conquests compare to Alexander and Caesar Augustus themselves? Are you Caliph of all Islam and more? Annoyed then, that the only way you can ride on a elephant is to move your capital to some heathen backwater, wear Indian clothes, name your kids "Bhairabendranarayan Plantagenet" and get treated as a dirty foreigner by the majority of your erstwhile loyal subjects?

Fear not, my liege, for help is at hand to get those pesky natives of the sub-continent to yield up their hidden elephant supplies to you, their rightful sovereign.

Crusader Elephants is a minimod on a simple principle - instead of getting retinues based on what your personal culture is, you get them based on the culture of the provinces in your realm.

There will be two versions of this mod - the standard edition, which will make all cultural retinues accessible to those who rule that culture (i.e. Gallowglasses for English Armies etc.), and a lite version for those who don't want Turks to get Cataphracts. Crusader Elephants lite will only include changes to the availability of Elephants, Horse Archers and Camels, on the assumption that animals are easier to control than people.

Download

You mean based on province of your capital or majority?

You mean based on province of your capital or majority?

The scope is set to check your whole realm - if a culture is present in your realm, you can have it's special units.

I might fine tune it in future but this is version one.

I like this. Maybe when you fine tune it the requirements should be that there should be a certain amount of regions with the culture before you can get the units. One region seems to little to warrant the ability to make armies with their units. Maybe 5 or 9 regions or at least a duchy could be a requirement?

The scope is set to check your whole realm - if a culture is present in your realm, you can have it's special units.

I might fine tune it in future but this is version one.

That seems a little overpowered. I can already see the Sultan of Rum deathraping the ERE with kataphractoi and camel warrior stacks.

That seems a little overpowered. I can already see the Sultan of Rum ROFL-stomping the ERE with Kataphractoi and camel warrior stacks.

Well, to be fair, they could always exclude the Cataphracts, since those are crazy powerful. In fact, the Original Poster says that he did just that.

For a split second I thought this mod was about Elephant characters declaring crusades and then I read the title again.

For a split second I thought this mod was about Elephant characters declaring crusades and then I read the title again.

Secret Bear has to come out first.

It doesnt appear in my mod list for some weird reason :/. In the my documents, mod folder, the name of the mod is for some wierd reason written in green. Anyone know what's going on?

Got the same problem with my copy of CK2 as well. Shame, was looking forward to building multinational levies for my empires. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon :)

So are we ever going to get playable elephants? I want to conquer Italy as an African Elephant.

So are we ever going to get playable elephants? I want to conquer Italy as an African Elephant.
Heh, well, the AGOT team added dragons as characters, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to add elephants... I can see it now... a realm ruled by elephants, with monkey stewards...