1.09 edits 24 - cannot shore bombard under certain condition

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr_B0narpte

Field Marshal
12 Badges
Mar 15, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Kicking Manchukuo from Japan's alliance has a very strange affect: it prevents Japan from being able to shore bombard any of it's own land (I.e. Tokyo, Fukouka, Dalian, Busan etc).

Also, even when Japan and Manchukuo are allied, you cannot shore bombard Tangshan.

Upvote 0
I doubt it is related to 1.08 or 1.09 seems a hardcoded bug present from start.
I further tested the issue and managed to determine the causes.

If a nation is not part of axis, allies or comintern AND is not allied with any other country THEN it is unable to perform Shore bombardment missions on his own territory [the option from all context menus simply disappear]. Thus the bug does not affect UK, GER and SOV at all [as they are all in "named" alliances]. However USA, JAP and every other country not in any type of alliance is plagued by it.
The example presented above is right, jap without any allies [after booting MAN] cant shore bombard. but an even better example is USA which is unable to perform that mission 36jan1.

I confirm this as a bug, because it makes no sense UK and GER can shore bomb own shores while USA can't and not because techs or doctrines but simply because of being in an alliance or a named alliance.

Last edited: