• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If the community is lacking blame the paradox community manager BjornB. Not that it'll help any...He let the Warlock 1 community go fallow and still got paid and kept his job. I dont think paradox believes in post release support for games they dont develop.
To be fair blame me for whatever ails you, since he is on leave and I am covering his duties as well.

What would you like to see?
What can be done to keep the community that is not being done?
I am always open to suggestions.

Well..nothing is being done atm..so anything you do would be an improvement. Off the top of my head you could emulate Amplitude Studios (the Endless Space/legends people) and present design documents for the community to discuses on the forums which involves a polling/voting system for future ideas. I havnt seen any MP tournies set up. Maybe cross content DLC with another game? How about an Lets play series to generate advertisement?

Without news, without reliable regular meaningful communication people will stop coming here. Many games have lasted long beyond their marketing cycle because players want to continue to interact with a community.

Well..nothing is being done atm..so anything you do would be an improvement. Off the top of my head you could emulate Amplitude Studios (the Endless Space/legends people) and present design documents for the community to discuses on the forums which involves a polling/voting system for future ideas. I havnt seen any MP tournies set up. Maybe cross content DLC with another game? How about an Lets play series to generate advertisement?
The first and 3rd suggestion would require developer interaction (it's new stuff for the game), don't expect something like that from a forum mod/CR. The 2nd and 4th should be possible for the average community representative or just a standard member, as long as you don't expect any kind of prize for winning the tournament.

I see my attempt at light-hearted modding has failed and been taken very seriously instead. I thought it was fairly obvious that characterising a supported and working game as "vapourware" was over the top, at the least, but I didn't want to issue a warning or infraction in this case.

I'm sorry for poisoning the thread then. But any comments or problems with my actions must be raised with me or Castellon by PM, not in public - that too is a rule and I don't want to see anyone get in trouble over my mis-step.

Off the top of my head you could emulate Amplitude Studios (the Endless Space/legends people) and present design documents for the community to discuses on the forums which involves a polling/voting system for future ideas.

There are pro and cons with this method. The pro is that the game get's tailored to gamers taste. The con is that gamers don't know what they want.

As for the lack of activity on the forum, I am not quite sure how it could be improved. If the developers want to make some change to their game and ask for advice and suggestions, yes it will issue discussions. The lack of activity is not much an issue if people spend time playing the game instead of watching the forums, but that is an information we don't have. It's the forum activity that tells us if the game gets played or not.

I started to make a mod which changes the whole game, and I agree that making a mod for a game without activity is not very encouraging. If it could make the game more popular, I would be very happy, but I really doubt it will attract new players. So I try to at least do the mod for myself.

I had seen some clues about new race/mode/other dlc materials stored in the codes before, but these things still haven't been published.

And the game seems to lack some new major content like elves/armageddon DLC in W1 since early access:
  • DLCs included in Great Mage version should belong to the developed content before early access
  • Battle for the outplanes mode is more like the adjusted Exiled mode without scripted events

If devs transfer their concerns at another mobile game to the game, i guess that we may see new major content be published.

The game is already great as it is, the more DLCs the better obviously and yes, a dremer like DLC would be cool.
Or a underwater race
Or an alien invasion steamspunk style
Or whatever you like
Etienne

To be fair blame me for whatever ails you, since he is on leave and I am covering his duties as well.

I am always open to suggestions.

Give us some info about what is currently in works and some future expansion plans. No dates, no obligations. just what we should and what we should not expect. I'm insterest in info about something similar to Armageddon mode or something else, that could bring constant pressure on player and AI improvements(mainly strategic ones). As for more complex info it would be great to see something about expanding story, new gameplay features(i.e. say underground monsters or new damage type), balancing gold/mana income(totally broken late game, you just don't have enough targets to spend those riches) etc.

As for just community related stuff - maybe tournament, mod contest, whatever?