• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LumberKing

Philosopher
106 Badges
Dec 16, 2013
www.christianforums.com
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
This is more directed at those who use Vavle's Steam as their main way of accessing their games. If Paradox decided to re-release their old titles; Europa Universalis, Europa Universalis II, Europa Universalis: The Asia Chapters, Hearts of Iron, amongst others on Steam, would you consider buying them?

I think I for one would to complete my collection of Paradox games and though I prefer the traditional discs, it is rather convinient to have it tied under an account since I tend to travel quite spontaneously.

woulden t want them,even if they were for free !The graphics are simply yuck !

I would do that, but only if they re-implement the Italian translation. Don't get me wrong, I can perfectly play the games in English, but, since I played the first Europa Universalis in Italian, I cannot stop feeling that I am begin scammed if I play it in English.

Again, not really complaining, and I am not gonna ask to translate future games. But since the translation of EU I, HOI, and Victoria was already there...

I started this thread yet I have yet to contribute, bugger me...

For me personally, though a remastered version would be nice, I also wouldn't mind the original version (with the terrible graphics) so long as they made it compatible. It's not really a matter of nostalgia (since I started with CK2 and EU4), but rather the retarded case of "OCD" in wanting to have a complete collection in one account. That's it, the same goes for other games made by companies other than Paradox, but with Paradox there is a sense of the company actually caring for their customers instead of just the wallet as well as a passion for gaming in general.

This is more directed at those who use Vavle's Steam as their main way of accessing their games. If Paradox decided to re-release their old titles; Europa Universalis, Europa Universalis II, Europa Universalis: The Asia Chapters, Hearts of Iron, amongst others on Steam, would you consider buying them?

I think I for one would to complete my collection of Paradox games and though I prefer the traditional discs, it is rather convinient to have it tied under an account since I tend to travel quite spontaneously.
I wouldn't buy them, simply because EUIV, CK2, Vic2 are eating up enough time as they are. But to directly answer your question, I actually prefer steam because of the ease of adding mods, updates and a platform to communicate with your friends all the time.

I wouldn't buy them, simply because EUIV, CK2, Vic2 are eating up enough time as they are. But to directly answer your question, I actually prefer steam because of the ease of adding mods, updates and a platform to communicate with your friends all the time.
Not to mention it is FAR more trustworthy than other companies like it.

I would like to see some of PIs older games re-released on steam.

I have noticed that recently, some companies have been publishing retro-games on Steam. If Paradox also did this and provided some kind of compatibility patch for the latest Operating System, I would totally jump into this buy them thus completing my collection.

Nope, I have old CDs still.
I have also fallen in nostalgia trap on Steam (and GoG), it's not worth it.

I got alot of the old ones on steam and on the Paradox website. They have legitimate replay value.

I would even play the original Crusader Kings (which I own in tandem with CKII) if they put in custom keybinds and native 1920x1080 support.

I wouldn't buy most of them.

Honestly, I'd only play most older games due in part to nostalgia. I didn't play Paradox games until the HOI3 and EU3 era.

I've had mixed experiences with older games. Some are a blast (Master of Magic, the Ultimas, the Fallouts, etc.).

Others are brutal. Dune 2 is my best example. I loved it back in the day, but its UI doesn't hold up to modern games. For example, it doesn't let you multi-select units. An RTS where you must click every unit one by one is crazy to play now, and I didn't make it through the first mission.

Others are brutal. Dune 2 is my best example. I loved it back in the day, but its UI doesn't hold up to modern games. For example, it doesn't let you multi-select units. An RTS where you must click every unit one by one is crazy to play now, and I didn't make it through the first mission.

You could try one of the remakes like OpenRA.