• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think 2.1.6 is as much of a cleanup patch as we're likely to get. Next patch will probably be on Charlemagne release.

I think 2.1.6 is as much of a cleanup patch as we're likely to get. Next patch will probably be on Charlemagne release.

I'm inclined to agree with this also. Let's hope we don't have another debacle again.

Charlemagne looks still pretty rough on the edges. Sounds like our high-anticipated patch will not come sooner than in 2 months at least, yay! #NOT:angry:

Having wasted my hard-earned ducats on various units packs for nothing feels so good, or not...

Adventurer threats are pre-warned in two years, and since your brother is the adventurer (probably due to not granting him any lands), he gathered a host where he is. Being your brother, he is probably at your court. Didn't you get suspicious when your brother started gathering troops in your capital?

But well, I can agree that it is a bit dim-witted for an adventurer brother to not flee court prior to gathering a host.

He never "gathered troops" by any means that was made apparent to me, event or otherwise. They simply appeared. 25,000 of them. I'm sure the presence of 150 ships off the coast is meant to suggest their method of arrival, but as I said before, 25,000 men can't fit on 150 ships.

He never "gathered troops" by any means that was made apparent to me, event or otherwise. They simply appeared. 25,000 of them. I'm sure the presence of 150 ships off the coast is meant to suggest their method of arrival, but as I said before, 25,000 men can't fit on 150 ships.

Can't you fit a thousand troops per ship?

Should i put this game aside for 2 more months?
We should celebrate the 2 months without-patch anniversary (and probably 2 more, as Charlemagne looks really gamma)

:(

Most people enjoy the long season of no patches. A lot of people don't even play during patch season for fear needing to restart their games. Do what is best in life.

Last edited:
Most people enjoy the long season of no patches. A lot of people don't even play during patch season for fear needing to restart their games. Does what is best in life.

RoI needed one more hotfix patch, just look at the bug reports sub-forum. Lot of relatively simple (already fixed in the internal build according to the mods, for the most part) but damaging bugs that should have been fixed months back.

This has been a very unstable and disappointing summer for the game.

Most people enjoy the long season of no patches. A lot of people don't even play during patch season for fear needing to restart their games. Does what is best in life.
I second this.

I recently acquired the last achievement I needed (Survivor) but the Survivor and Persistent Survivor achievements can be particularly stressful because they can take months of play time. It is extra stressful when a patch is around the corner because of concerns that it will mess up your Ironman game.

Paradox did do a spectacular job with the transition to Rajas of India, however, by allowing players to continue playing their 2.0.4 games and allowing those to still unlock achievements.

Most people enjoy the long season of no patches. A lot of people don't even play during patch season for fear needing to restart their games. Do what is best in life.

I love patches.