• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mcpenguin

Second Lieutenant
12 Badges
Apr 5, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
Just got HOD and noticed with a brand new game, budgeting is completely messed up. I tried playing as US and right away I have a budget deficit so I have to scale back on all of my spending. Playing in AHD I never had this problem. I was able to comfortably max everything (ie education, admin, military and stockpile) now it's much trickier business with HOD.

Also, it seems it's harder to get my POP needs off the bat (never had this issue starting as US in AHD). I have max poor taxes and low taxes on middle/upper class too. Is this normal?

Seems normal to me. I never played AHD. However, in my USA HOD games, It always seemed to take a few years and some tech to get taxation high enough to support maxed out budgets.

Ya I think it's partly to do with the stockpile. Before Hod I had no issues leaving the stockpile always maxed. Probably will have to reduce military and naval stockpile to stay out of red. Even still, I'm not making loads of cash like I was pre HoD.

So if you tax the rich too much they wont build factories and could all back to middle class. If you tax the middle class to much is there any risk aside from them reverting to lower class? What is the risk or taxing the lower class?

Not much of a risk. They are lower class so I guess they don't need the disposable income.

Not much of a risk. They are lower class so I guess they don't need the disposable income.

The way I understand it, in a country with high(er) literacy, and thus consciousness, if the lower classes aren't getting life needs, you will face one revolt after another. I don't think it is a trigger of militancy, but it is a multiplier.