• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You know there's this neat feature in Steam where it notifies you of discounts on games you want... :D

I was doing THINGS on the day it went on sale!/emo

Just add the DLC you want to your wish list and Steam sends you an email when it is on sale :)

Just add the DLC you want to your wish list and Steam sends you an email when it is on sale :)

only old farts check emails. I'm too hip :cool:

Since it's the final hours of the sale, I decided to go ahead and purchase the DLC that was on sale that I hadn't already purchased via sales of the Steam Cards.

Turns out, over the course of the sale, I'd acquired all the Portrait and Unit packs on sale for no money out-of-pocket. The only DLC left to buy was the main DLC I'd accidentally skipped - The Republic.

I skipped over the musical DLC because that honestly isn't something that interests me, but yeah. For a game that was never "on sale" this go round, I made out like a bandit. Especially considering all I actually bought was The Republic.

Since it's the final hours of the sale, I decided to go ahead and purchase the DLC that was on sale that I hadn't already purchased via sales of the Steam Cards.

Turns out, over the course of the sale, I'd acquired all the Portrait and Unit packs on sale for no money out-of-pocket. The only DLC left to buy was the main DLC I'd accidentally skipped - The Republic.

I skipped over the musical DLC because that honestly isn't something that interests me, but yeah. For a game that was never "on sale" this go round, I made out like a bandit. Especially considering all I actually bought was The Republic.

Steam Cards for Dlc? que?!

*sigh* Reading comprehension...

"Have bought DLC - THROUGH SELLING CARDS"

"via the sales of the steam cards" I figured he meant the cards for discounts you sometimes get giving a hefty discount on games.

No need to be a particularly smug asshole. Wow.

"via the sales of the steam cards" I figured he meant the cards for discounts you sometimes get giving a hefty discount on games.

Those are clearly labelled vouchers or coupons - On steam and pretty much in any given context...

Those are clearly labelled vouchers or coupons - On steam and pretty much in any given context...

they look and are paired with cards. hence a reasonable person can call them cards. don't be a dick about this. It's an easy mistake to make, stop defending your clearly hostile comment.

they look and are paired with cards. hence a reasonable person can call them cards. don't be a dick about this. It's an easy mistake to make, stop defending your clearly hostile comment.

They look nothing alike - And I'm not the one padding my comments with genitals.

They look nothing alike - And I'm not the one padding my comments with genitals.

I'm done going offtopic. PM me if you're not done being extremely rude.

Think I'll just put you on ignore instead - You seem to interpret anything aimed at you as hostile.

Put it this way... it's impossible to spend less than $100 on CK2 + DLC even if you only buy things at 50% off

You either have to spend more than $100 or miss some DLC

Mostley they are on sale for 75 %... So you can have all without spending more then 100 Dollar.

Nearly the exact opposite. Seriously, you think Steam saying 'hey guys we've decided to sell your product for 75% off, here's a quarter of the usual amount for each unit sold' is an option? Pricing is very much in the hands of publishers/developers.
Yep, that's exactly what I believed about Steam :) It's a business decision, and if Steam didn't think a sale benefited them in some way they wouldn't do it either.

Steam Cards for Dlc? que?!

Those cards you get via playing games or voting for the community choice deals during the Sale. Most of them sold for twenty cents a pop, and considering I had an inventory full of cards for various games plus some cards leftover from last year's summer sale...I made a fairly pretty penny. It helps I'm really disinterested in the badge system Steam has anyway (Only three games have completed badges - XCOM, Mount and Blade: Warband, and Crusader Kings II), so I spent the dribble of cash in the wallet on the .99 DLC units and portraits.

I did get two Vouchers for Pixel Piracy at 25% off. Long Vouchers too - they don't expire until April 2015.

Those cards you get via playing games or voting for the community choice deals during the Sale. Most of them sold for twenty cents a pop, and considering I had an inventory full of cards for various games plus some cards leftover from last year's summer sale...I made a fairly pretty penny. It helps I'm really disinterested in the badge system Steam has anyway (Only three games have completed badges - XCOM, Mount and Blade: Warband, and Crusader Kings II), so I spent the dribble of cash in the wallet on the .99 DLC units and portraits.

I did get two Vouchers for Pixel Piracy at 25% off. Long Vouchers too - they don't expire until April 2015.

I sold all 200 cards in my inventory a couple months back and made over $30, so I suggest everyone to sell theirs.

no ck2 dlc is actually needed at all well perhaps just LoR because retinues change the entire game. but if you never knew about them then you be fine.

not sure why people complain about dlc prices, you think its to high then don't buy it. honestly the dlc makes the game different but it doesn't make it better or more unique. thats what the free patches are for.