• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Red Captain

Second Lieutenant
60 Badges
Jun 8, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Necroids
Prologue
The Birth and Fragmentation of a Nation
( 1821 – 1836 )​

In 1821, the “ Ejercito Trigirante “ defeated the Spanish army in Mexico City, assuring the Mexican indepence, in a huge thirst for power, Colonel Agustin de Iturbide crowns himself as Emperor Of Mexico, the war for independence left the nation with an unorganized and huge army, and a broken economy, Emperor Iturbide did nothing to improve the hard times the empire was facing, leading to his overthrowing one year after he assumed power, he left Mexico with a great sum of money he stole from the small national treasury, Guadalupe Victoria was then appointed President of the new United States of Mexico, his term wasn’t better, unable to keep such a large army, he disbanded it, leaving just a couple of divisions to protect the country, this led to the separation of Central America, with mexico forced to recognize its independence due to its lack of army, in 1828, General Antonio Lopez De Santa Anna was elected president of Mexico, he managed to improve the economy, and he was reelected in 1832, firstly a liberal, he made a series of reforms, and in 1834, he passed a reform that increased the term to 6 years, and held elections, he got elected again with a fixed election, this time he focused on the army, managing to create an standing army of about 26 irregular divisions and one professional infantry division, he created plans to re-annex Central America in 1836, but this was interrupted by the sudden Texan rebellion, the rebels drived the Mexican army out of the state of Texas, and President Santa Anna, marched north with all his available army to crush the rebels, while he Mobilized the poor people of Mexico

- This rebellion will not prevail, hear my words, we will recover Texas, and any other separatis state that dares to cross us – he said to the press before marching north

Hi Everyone! I have seen that there are not a lot of AARs about Mexico, so here it is, this is my first AAR ever, I hope that I can fit well in the community, and that I can create a great, Mexican Empire!
My goals for this AAR:
1. - Crush the Texan Rebellion, conquer the USCA, Haiti, and get Cuba from spain, and win the Mexican – American War
2.- Establish a Mexican Colony in Southeast Asia, and maybe China
3. – make Mexico a Great Power, and maybe conquer some territory from the U.S.A., Colombia, Venezuela, and Ecuador

Chapter 1: The Texan Rebellion (1836-1837​

President Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna Movilizes the army and marches north, in the south, the two armies stationed there move north, ready to help Santa Anna in the Texan Rebellion, General Martin de Cos is leading the Southern Army to Morelia, where a rally point is established for the recently movilized tropos, meanwhile, a family of colonizers is sent to Oregon, the president also increases the Texs for everyone, specially the rich people, an puts Tariffs to a máximum, Santa Anna arrives to san Antonio and is surprised to find no resistance, they begin to occupy the city,

* a Courier enters Santa Anna tent *

- Sir! The Texan Army is in El Paso! one of the mobilized farmer army has engaged them - the couriers then pauses to take a breath and continues - they where slaugthered by the Texan Army sir! General Martin de Cos has arrived to Morelia, with 18 divisions, he marched to el Paso, only to lose the battle, altough the texan army is now weak, they reorganized in Salt lake city, the remaining peasents army arrived to Morelia sir - he finished and saluted

- Impossible! a 9 divisions army defeated an army of 18 divisions? go back to Morelia and inform the irregular armies that we are making a full scale assault to El Paso, oh, and inform Martin De Cos that i give him a second chance to redeem himself! - he angrily yelled, the Courier saluted and left to accomplish his mission

dodv.png

z8nr.png

q49f.png

d33x.png

Santa Anna Marches towards El paso, el paso is surrounded from all direction, with farmers and workers armies attacking from the south, santa anna army attacking from the west, and Martin De Cos attacking from the east, the texans defend bravely, but they are finally crushed by the Mexicans in The Third Battle of El Paso

8thi.png

Santa anna marches towars San Antonio, and send a división to Austin to take the city, when he arrives to San Antonio, he finds that the army retreated to Austin, he marches north to sabe the lone división, but a week before he arrives they are completly destroyed, the army avenges their fallen comrade and begin to win a serie of victories while following the texan army

ou2b.png

92qo.png

afxu.png

the army is finally destroyed in Dallas

* meanwhile, in Dallas *

- CHAAAARGE! - Santa Anna yelled as he pointed his sword forward, leading a group of 250 irregulars against the last position of texan defense, the mexican forces slaugther the texans with fire and metal, Santa Anna in the front, killing texans with his sword while riding his horse, the texans retreat and regroup with a texan forcé led by sam Houston, 600 rebels... the last remaining soldiers of the texan army, a force of 800 irregulars led by General Martin de Cos meet with Santa Anna, both Generals nod to themselves and charge against the texans, they defend bravely in a last stand for freedom, sam Houston clashes with Santa Anna himself, dueling for at least 10 minutes, Santa Anna finishes the rebellion with a stab to Houston stomach, the rebel leader falls from his horse, hiting the ground and taking a few breaths before dying, the texans soldiers surrender, the battle is won, the rebellion is crushed.

Texas surrenders and is annexed by Mexico, fearing an american intervention, Santa Anna sends an Alliance Offer to the United States Of America,luckily, the U.S.A. accepts the offer as they firm the North American Alliance, with the threat of an american invasion unexistant, Santa Anna leads his army to Salt Lake City to rest, his expansionist ambitions are far from over.

hq6s.png

Last edited:
I can't see the images. I just see

I can't see the images. I just see [IMG] with numbers like v2_1, v2_2 and so on.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Mexican AARs are always interesting, but working images can only help you.

i had a small problem with images, i am fixing it now

Santa Anna stabbing Sam Houston to death in a duel:eek:? Simply epic--I need more.

Best seal the Pacific off from US influence by taking Oregon and Washington. Or let/help the British take it. Maybe Santa Anna can beat James K. Polk in a duel too!