• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pieGEEK

Captain
28 Badges
Aug 10, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Sengoku
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
No matter how many ships you build or how many ideas, Britain will always defeat you even if its is 53-10, they win. Has anyone ever gotten naval dominance from them?

Does anyone know of any mods that tweek them down a bit? I don't really care whether or not you really think 2 british ships could beat 100 other ships or what not, but I'd really just like a game that it seems I have a chance to do something at sea.

Check out the first several mods listed in the mega mod thread in the modification sub forum. Most have naval changes.

I've check them out--I'm not sure which ones really do though--1792 seems to redo the naval system, but does it make it possible to win naval battles?

I have won battles. Are you investing your idea points to improve your navy?

I don't even bother with naval battles against Britain. Super cheesey but if you want to run vanilla this is the way to do it:

Just setup a spiderweb of 1-2 ships all around England. Have your transports loaded and next to English mainland where there are no navies. Declare war and unload troops like 100K should be good. In order to get to you they have to get through the web which slows them down. Works for me every time.

Then after you take their capital, destroy their troops, and take some of their land you can get them to give Gibraltar to Spain. Depending on what country you are you might not need any of Britain naval provinces but you just have to drop them from 100%.

Prussia can almost equal British naval morale if its fully teched however British get the added % from its monarchy. Then it depends on the kings bonus to naval. I've never played as France yet.