• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sunbro BigBoss

Akrites
31 Badges
Sep 29, 2013
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Is it possible to cancel or deactivate Ironman mode?
I accidentaly loaded the Sunset Invasion dlc so now there's a mad Aztec who has almost invaded all of England, Spain and France. I've been trying to assassinate the Aztec emperors for quite some time but I've only managed to break it in two parts: an Hispania the approximate size of Castille and the rest of the Aztec empire...
Neither France nor the HRE seem able to stop it and I'm on the other size of the world with the Mongols; I guess I could invade Arabia and northern Africa to reach them and kick their ass back to the sea but it's not fun and feels gamey.
If I'm not wrong I can't use the console in an Ironman game, so my quiestion is if there's any way to turn the save into a normal one.

Everything that I have ever read on the issue indicates that you cannot turn off ironman. Unfortunately you're going to have to make the best of your current game or start a anew.

Everything that I have ever read on the issue indicates that you cannot turn off ironman. Unfortunately you're going to have to make the best of your current game or start a anew.

And can I modify the file if I have a local copy? What would happen then?

I don't think so. The whole point of Ironman is nothing can be changed.

I know. What I ask is if modifying the file can "cancel" the Ironman. If not, I'll have to do my best to prevent the Aztecs from invading the whole world, which is a pain because I'm quite far away...Usually I wouldn't want to modify an Ironman game -that's the main reason why I play Ironamn- but I left Sunset Invasion activated, so I want a way to solve it.

I know. What I ask is if modifying the file can "cancel" the Ironman. If not, I'll have to do my best to prevent the Aztecs from invading the whole world, which is a pain because I'm quite far away...Usually I wouldn't want to modify an Ironman game -that's the main reason why I play Ironamn- but I left Sunset Invasion activated, so I want a way to solve it.

I tried to edit one once and all it did was break the save file and make it unplayable. And all I wanted to do was just observed the world I had created.