• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jcbuilder

Second Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jun 5, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I like to learn games on my own.. so i am hesitant to dig deep into forums to find all my answers, So i figured i would make a post with some basic questions..

first, off, I have a shield and a dagger, yet every time i get ambushed at night in a town, I can only use the shield, and i punch.. (and die) I can't use my crossbow as it is way to slow to fire, and again i die... this has happened a bunch of times. How on earth do i draw my dagger???? It seems to work in the big war events that you come across, but i just use the crossbow till i can buy a proper sword. But till then, how the heck do you draw the bloody dagger? mouse wheel up and down only switches between shield w/no weapon and the crossbow. (even lost a fight to on a bounty because i couldn't draw my dagger in that fight either.

Making money early.. it seems like talking to the people, and buying goods and traveling to new lands are one way... though the idea of collecting taxes and keeping the cash to fund my buying for profit is a good idea.. i guess don't be late on the payment? (not really a question, just asking if this is a fairly solid early game strat)

IS there a way to get out of battle once it starts? A few times i come across a band of warriors, and jump in and realize i have all basic units, and even though i outnumber them 2 to 1, they are all on Horseback, and i just watch my entire band get slaughtered. (they attacked me!) Is there a way to get out of the battle? or avoid it before it starts? I have even tried running to a village.. and that did not stop the fight..

I have even had times when i was able to get a way, only to be attacked again immediately.. (some how i retreated?) Is there a way to avoid getting attacked more than once by the same war party?

One time i ordered all my men off their horses on accident, could not figure out how to get um back on. that fight ended in a wipe...

I found people i can hire to join my party that i can outfit.. can you get more than one of these people? if so should i try to find a few more for party slots?

Early game when money is tight... should i concentrate on smaller party's with more upgraded fighters? My large troop of fodder does not seem to work all that well...

Driving cattle... I tried this once,, and i hit the Drive button, and they vanished.... Seems like the only quests i can get right now are getting people cattle. So how exactly does this mechanic work?

If you are talking to a lord in a castle, is there a way to search the location they are talking about going.. to see if i wan't to take the quest with out leaving the castle, going back to the main screen, doing a location search, then searching back to the location you are? A second part to that Q, is after searching a location, is there an easy way to just go back to your current location with out having to go through the search process, and remember where you are at the time of doing the search? some sort of cancel search or something?

If anyone is kind enough to answer some of these Q's, please be short and precise.. As to not give away some things i could learn on my own.. Like i have found some places like certain goods, others sell them cheep.. but that is fun to figure out on my own.. :) I just feel a bit lost on some things,, and need a push in the right direction.

Last edited: