• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I didn't mean to emphasise it too strongly. I just thought they would have been striking to anyone meeting him for the first time.

Do you mean to imply something, Met? :D

Vincent Julien said:
Do you mean to imply something, Met? :D

No, they're good choices actually. I only mention them because they appear in my story and I think in any reality, they could find their way up to the top through ability and ambition.

Really?

I didn't catch Earl Warren in 'Advantages'. :confused:

Oh well, there you go. That's what I get for not paying attention. :D

Do you think the Warren-Heydrich bit was alright? It's my first bit of proper writing on here.

Vincent Julien said:
Really?

I didn't catch Earl Warren in 'Advantages'. :confused:

Oh well, there you go. That's what I get for not paying attention. :D

Do you think the Warren-Heydrich bit was alright? It's my first bit of proper writing on here.

Yes, I quite enjoyed it. As if Warren was someone coping with new realities, struggling to do his best in a crazy situation. You caught the essence of both men pretty well. :)

So where's ole' Earl in 'Advantages'? :)

Thumbs up! I wasn't aware of this girlish quality to Heydrich? So he's famous for that then?

Oh, yes. His high-pitched voice in particular is often commented on in sources.

Los Angeles, December 13th, 1954.

President Warren signed into law today an estimated P$3M aid shipment for Japanese Indochina, after continued "Banditry", as the Japanese offical line holds it, has left much of the area in a state of acute unrest. Particularly humiliating has been the recent defeat of Imperial forces at Dien Bien Phu, last year, which is estimated to have cost tens of thousands of lives on both the Japanese and "Bandit" sides.

This is the fruition of a new direction in foreign policy, which over the last few years has lead to increasingly good relations between the PR and the Japanese Empire since the official pullout of German troops from the PR in 1951. Speaking about the deal, Senator Richard Nixon (California) said that "There is no contradiction between our political neutrality and the maintenence of a sound economic relationship with our most powerful neighbours. We seek to have diplomatic balance, but it would be absurd to believe that we could have that same level of balance in our trade and the economy. We can't."

The policy has been sharply criticised by, in particular, the CSA. A spokesman for the Southern State Department, speaking last month said that "The PR cannot believe that it will be seen as a partner of American states on the American continent, if it continues to provide for Asian interests with an Asian policy." The continued barrage of words from the CSA over this issue indicates that the Reich is clearly uneasy about the present course that the PR has set. President Warren, meanwhile, has taken measures to re-assure the Reich that the PR's commitment to an 'even-handed' diplomacy is still firmly in place. Only time will tell as to whether the government of the Reich finds the new orientation of the PR to be truely 'even-handed.'

Evil Capitalist said:
And while we'reonthe subject of US cities, was New York levelled in the end? I mean, the total demolition of one of the world's biggest cities is one hell of a task without explosives, and even then, there's a lot of rubble to cart away.

Mind you, if you want the US to be weak, you still have to remove a lot of its industry. The systematic stripping of the urban bits of the rump US would be a good way to permanently break its power.

BTW- Lettow, why do you say four states which the CS has no right to? Kansas, Utah and Colorado are three of them, I assume, but which one are you counting as the fourth? I was underthe impression that the south had some kind of claim to Delaware. Am I right in this?

although i get new mexico & arizona mixed up, new mexico, utah, colorado and kansas are indeed those 4 states. and yes, the south had a claim (albiet a weak one) to delaware. cant wait for the CSA description!

Last edited:
"Instead, South America became a covert battlefield between the Reich and the Empire of Japan, in which both sides promoted coups, guerrillas and revolutions. Several civil wars and inter-state conflicts (such as the Chilean-Argentinian War of 1951) resulted from this competition, but in the end, Germany imposed itself as the dominant power in South America."

This is the section you should attack next VJ!

Bah, I'm going to have to deal with war in North America before I get to the South. ;)

Sorry if the updates have been 'bitty' and have been a bit incomplete up to now; I've got a very heavy workload atm. Next update ('The Golden Years', Part II) will be on Thursday night, with any luck. There will hopefully be a much broader sweep of the domestic and foreign situations in that.

Last edited:
It's well worth the wait.

Lettow77 said:
although i get new mexico & arizona mixed up, new mexico, utah, colorado and kansas are indeed those 4 states. and yes, the south had a claim (albiet a weak one) to delaware. cant wait for the CSA description!

I think I'm right in saying that the Confederacy claimed 'Arizona', which in practice contained both the modern day state and New Mexico. Not that this meant much, since the total population would have fitted into the new Wembley Stadium.

Btw, I'll be wanting people to do some guest writing for when 'military activity' commences, as my own knowledge of that area is rather barren. :D

WOW this AAR is still knocking about. It is a testament to how brilliant it is. Is it still just Yogi?

Superb AAR
:cool:

Sorry about the lack of updates chaps. I'll probably be able to provide a good fat update this time next week, but not before, simply because my net access is almost non-existant atm.