• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Again, an awsome update! :D

Ah, the boy scouts. Now you're screwed!

So the US is in the pump out militia stage, eh?

Great as always, all three of you! Btw, Yogi, what server do you use for your pictures? I mean, you've practically spoiled us with the sheer amount of screenies here... Well, of course, I wouldn't want you to stop anytime soon on my account. :p;)

About time! Good work! Now lets see if that A bomb saves the day.

By the way, feealin: You say that the logistics of invading a continent are too complicated to be possible? Isnt it however exactly what the allies did in OTL? Granted, they had England as a base, but we can assume the Germans used Newfoundland in a similar fashion here.

The dates makes me think theyd have to pile up their stocks darn quickly, but its not totally impossible that they could have pulled it off with Europe under their heel and all the navies of the old continent to assist them.

The main thing to keep in mind is that the only real defense of the US was its navy. Had they found a way to get past that, I suspect theyd have had their chances and more than them.

All things considered, its a bit like a Sealion on a larger scale. Sealion was definitely possible under the right circumstances, whatever the fools who think otherwise might tell ya. They just werent present in OTL.

Absolutely.

If Germany had defeated the USSR then England would have fallen. No doubt about it.

With England and the USSR defeated, Germany would have been able to take on the USA. IRL the preparations would undoubtedly have taken longer, but it was not impossible.

... but I digress, what I wanted to say was : MORE !

Originally posted by Alerias
By the way, feealin: You say that the logistics of invading a continent are too complicated to be possible? Isnt it however exactly what the allies did in OTL? Granted, they had England as a base, but we can assume the Germans used Newfoundland in a similar fashion here.

Newfoundland, for those who aren't aware, doesn't have anything like the ports that England di. England is also close to France than newfoundland is to north america. England had a massive industrial base of its own.

Originally posted by Alerias
The main thing to keep in mind is that the only real defense of the US was its navy. Had they found a way to get past that, I suspect theyd have had their chances and more than them.

What? Look at a map. You see France? That's about the distance between halifax and, oh, boston. Chicago is about the distance from halifax that moscow would be from britain. (I'm overestimating, I know).

Invading the US is like attacking britain if it was thousands of miles away, larger than russia, and with a bigger industrial base. The fact that Yogi can do it is a testament to his skill, but also the US AI's lack thereof.

Originally posted by Alerias All things considered, its a bit like a Sealion on a larger scale. Sealion was definitely possible under the right circumstances, whatever the fools who think otherwise might tell ya. They just werent present in OTL. [/B]

AAAAH! It's SEALION! RUN!

Originally posted by MuaDib
Absolutely.

If Germany had defeated the USSR then England would have fallen. No doubt about it.
'

The cynic in me wonders how conquering russia gives germany a navy.

Invading America IRL....

would very more than likely not have worked. Assuming that the Germans took out the SU they would have been exhausted from doing so. For purposes of argument assuming that they then had the juice to take Britain (which would have recieving enormous American material assistance in the least)..they would have been super double triple quadruple exhausted and still would have had to garrison the whole of Europe from a number of passively to actively hostile population (who would probably be recieving that American assitance.)

As all this was happening the American Manhattan project would have been chugging along at max speed.

Lastly assuming the Germans could cross the Atlantic and land (imagine facing full American Naval/Land air power as incoming fleets, remember the problems the Americans had in late 1944 approaching a savagely beaten and degraded Japanese military near thier homeland proper with what could only be described as the most heavily anti-air defended naval vessels in history, both CAP and AAA, American Air power would probably have been twice or three times as deadly as Japan's force at the time in the war in question) arrving on North American Soil would lead to enormous armed resistance from the population itself in addition to the armed forces, which unlike most europe was (and is) very heavily armed.

None of this however takes away from the fact that I litteraly had chills reading Yogi's invasion of America. (especially when they were fighting near my house).

Originally posted by Faeelin
'

The cynic in me wonders how conquering russia gives germany a navy.

No need.

1. German Airforce could have concentrated solely on UK. That would have made a big big difference.

2. Men and materials would have been available to expand & develop U Boots even more.

In short England could have been strangled, just like it almost was in real life.

No need.

1. German Airforce could have concentrated solely on UK. That would have made a big big difference.

2. Men and materials would have been available to expand & develop U Boots even more.

In short England could have been strangled, just like it almost was in real life.

And this leads to a successful invasion of the USA how?

I think we better take this to the history forums. ;)

I could've sworn this was tried during the BoB, where the Brits decisively beat the Luftwaffe.

Because, you know, the British and Americans could never, ever develop more countermeasures.

Because, you know, the British and Americans could never, ever develop more countermeasures. [/B]

Sshhh!!! It's a well-known fact that the Allies could never do anything right compared to the Germanic Gods of War! ;)

Anyway, I'm being most rude - this is truly a splendid AAR and has fully entertained me from update to update!

If one might have an opinion, I think that with USSR beaten and the resources of Eurasia at Germanys disposal, they would no doubt have beaten Britain EVENTUALLY...

Provided of course that America didn't enter the fray before that. But even with Britain defeated, the Germans invading America in 1943 is a (German) pipe dream, even more unlikely than America liberating Europe from the Nazi's singlehandedly across the Atlantic. It wouldn't happen. It would take a phenomenal upgrading of Germany's fleet to do it, and meanwhile the USA would be upgrading its forces as well. And before anyone of them is done, enter A-bombs into the equation.

IMHO a Nazi victory in Europe would have lead to a Cold War-like situation, much like in "Fatherland".

With that, I consider that this debate has ended, at least on this thread.

err

Yogi I beg to differ,
There would be no nuclear standoff, if The Amercians go the atomic bomb first( in a what if situation as we are discussing now) we would nuke Germany or try to atleast...but I doubt our Nuclear Bombers could make it past the german territory with countless fighter patrols and anti aircraft fire. We would need to set up bases or even develop a rocket....

If Germans got the A-Bomb first they would not wait to use it , as we all know Hitler was crazy and would have probably got assasinated somehow before this happened, he would use the Atomic Bomb on anything he possibly could. There would be no Cold War Standoff, The Nazis would jsut use it...so would we if we could in that sense.....:D

Im a noob so if I don't make sense then don't worry;)