• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, I apologize if I am wrong, but I belive you mentioned earlier that Lebensraum would involve sending Germans off to work in the fields.. this is not the idea, the idea would be to send conquered nations such as Russians, Belarussians, Ukrainians off as slaves to the fields while Germanizing the cities. Germany would become a land Empire like the United States or Russia-- and it needed lots of land to be one. And hey, look at all those nicely industrialized Russian cities! Just Germanize the names of the cities, deport and enslave the populations and victory is theirs.

You have achieved Germany's first world war goals, essentially, not second.

Hitler and the Nazis wanted the dissolusion of Russia as a state- and all of historical Russia.

Also, a free Ukraine is silly because the Ukraine would've been/were perfect peasants to enslave.

Originally posted by Delthalaz
Very, very, very good. I just spent the last couple of hours reading the whole thing and I can't wait for the invasion of the United States. Some things bother me however, such as the extreme generosity of Hitler towards the "sub-humans" of the East.

This is a very good point, and the short answer is that the real Hitler that we all know and love would never have allowed anything but what was attempted in reality, ie total subjugation. To be able to deviate at all from that path, we need to have a completely different personality for the Führer. My rationale for allowing this is that the German player takes the role of Hitler and should not be constrained by the real Hitler's personality.

I have tried to give Hitler a more cunning and rational personality than the real one in this AAR, kind of a "Dark Lord" character.

The reason so much of Russia was left, is that is the one way to be able to set up a Russian rump state at all. Very few Russians would cooperate with a Germany that annexes the Russian heart land. In fact, its only to save that heart land that any number of Russians could possibly rebel against Stalin's regime in the USSRs most desperate hour.

So without such generosity, there will be no Civil war, which was the whole point of this choice of occupation policy.

Regarding Lebensraum, Germans were to be sent as colonists to the east, but as you say, not to farm themselves, but as "Masters" over a slave worker force. This does not change the fact that they would have been missed by the German economy.

As to Edvard VIII, its an oversight. He's the obvious choice of a Monarch for puppeted Britain, he will be in the next update of "New Order".

The New Order events also allow you to take the more historical path (in fact, its the default choice the German AI will usually make) and institute Reichskommisariats, ie annex chunks of the USSR as you go.

Originally posted by Ladislav
but do you think the (us)AI will build a nuke by then? i would be surpised if it does. the ai is magnificently inept. lets youre using a mod, besides the new events :eek:

Don't underestimate the AI, I've seen it build nukes and destroy German-occupied Warzaw, Bruxelles, Paris, Moscow, Leningrad and a few German cities in the span of just a few years late in the game.

Originally posted by Steel
Don't underestimate the AI, I've seen it build nukes and destroy German-occupied Warzaw, Bruxelles, Paris, Moscow, Leningrad and a few German cities in the span of just a few years late in the game.

yes, but not in 1942-43! the campaign against the US will be a walk in the park just as Barbarossa was.

Yogi, your aar is a good read, but i dont expect any unexpected turns. :) (meaning an even temporary delay of your progress to world domination)

For some reason, this Hitler reminds me of one of the bond supervillains.

Yeah ! Add to your arguments that the US not being at war means they too have to devote a big chunk of their IC to keep their citizens happy and that since the beginning. Plus if they've built signicant terrestrial, aerial and naval forces they cannot have spent that much on research. So I expect they should still be behind Germany in most areas (strategic bombers and maybe surface navy being the exception probably, and even that's not sure for the navy as they've not had to fight the Japanese).

All of that doesn't change the fact that your aar is stupendous, Yogi :) .

Another mini-update

Here goes another mini update. From this point on I'll return to the previous format, mainly. Some things BEG to be dramatized though... :)

May 25th, 1943. Spain Invades Cuba

The Empire reborn
General Gonzalo Queipo de Llano, Commander of the five divisions strong “Ejercito Expedicionario” stood on the bridge of the battleship “España”, regarding the coast of Cuba with a pair of binoculars.

SPllano.JPG

General Queipo de Llano, Commander of the Spanish invasion of Cuba

At his side stood Admiral Moreno, commander of the Spanish Atlantic Fleet (which these days included every major to minor warship in the Navy). In the rosy gloom of tropical twilight, the guns of the “España” were pounding the beaches near Guantanamo, together with the other Spanish battleship “Jaime I” and the five brutal-looking French battleships of Admiral Darlan’s French battle fleet. Also pummelling the flimsy Cuban positions were a total of 19 cruisers. The coast would be a most unpleasant place, though Queipo de Llano.

‘This is the way to come back, Admiral, with a mighty battle fleet, with tanks and artillery and 75.000 men. We’ll show the world that Spain still knows the way of Empire. God! How I’ve longed for this day!’
Moreno nodded, grinning like a wolf. ‘I thought it particularly fitting that we were able to bring along the “Almirante Cervera”. The good Admiral will be smiling in his heaven, because today Spain has BOTH honour and ships, and by God, we will avenge his defeat.’

Image75.jpg

Spanish Dreadnaught España

The first wave of landing craft went in towards the coast. Cuban mortars opened up from the heavily jungled beach, white plumes of water blooming up between the boxy boats. Like so many other things, like the Schmeissers, MG-42s, artillery pieces and other equipment of the “Ejercito Expedicionario” they were of German make. ‘Irrelevant,’ Queipo de Llano thought, ‘as long as the men are Spaniards, and the Spaniards are men.’

‘I don’t expect any trouble with the natives at this stage,’ Queipo de Llano said disdainfully. ‘I imagine they’ll bunch up in Havana, hoping for a last stand.’
‘They have five divisions, just like we,’ Moreno objected. ‘Aren’t you the least bit worried?’
‘No. And you know why? Not because we have two divisions of tanks, or because our troops are better in every way, in materials, training, morale… no, because if I could take Seville with 200 men, why should I worry about taking on anything short of heaven with 75.000 well armed troops?’
‘Well spoken, General.

The first landing boats reched the beach, and soon Spanish soldiers were overrunning the few defenders. Losses had been negligible, and now Spanish troops were once again fighting in the New World, avenging the defeats of their grandfathers. It had been a long wait.

Last edited:
Originally posted by The Yogi
This is a very good point, and the short answer is that the real Hitler that we all know and love would never have allowed anything but what was attempted in reality, ie total subjugation. To be able to deviate at all from that path, we need to have a completely different personality for the Führer. My rationale for allowing this is that the German player takes the role of Hitler and should not be constrained by the real Hitler's personality.

I have tried to give Hitler a more cunning and rational personality than the real one in this AAR, kind of a "Dark Lord" character.

Cunning and rational to say the least. The word that comes to mind for me is calculating: that seemed to be by far his biggest focus in that post, sizing up his staff.

[Meeting Between President Roosevelt and Vice-President Henry Wallace - May, 1943]

cuba_map.jpg

Wallace: "And what does General Marshall think?"

Roosevelt: "He estimates 3-4 divisions, and from the reports the Cubans are providing, they're landing near here, at Cienfuegos, some rotten tropical port south of Havana."

Wallace: "And we do nothing."

Roosevelt: "Couldn't do anything, Henry. Cordell trusted the Germans far too much, I suspected. Sending him to the London Conference was a mistake, I fear. It conferred far too much legitimacy on the German conquest."

Wallace: "And it gave Congress a chance to contain our diplomacy."

Roosevelt: "Hmm, yes. Our fair Senators saw no need for our divisions to sit in tropical garrisons and contract malaria. But now, French and Spanish forces, backed by German arms, landing in Cuba? This is it, Henry. The Germans are coming for real. Assemble the Chiefs, I'll need to speak with them after I address Congress. And send a message to General Groves in New Mexico. We'll need to speak with him at once."

[Partial Transcript of President Roosevelt's Speech to Joint Session of Congress - late May, 1943]

fdr4.jpg

President Roosevelt asks for a declaration of war against Germany

"The United States has always maintained a historical relationship with Cuba, above and beyond our Monroe Doctrine barring the Europeans from this hemisphere. For too long, we have neglected our bonds with our fraternal brothers to the south. In 1898, we liberated them, shared nationhood together in freedom and justice, and now, my fellow Americans, we have failed them.

It is confirmed that the German Reich, conqueror of Europe, destroyer of the Russian steppes, and friend to every evil inclination in this world, has initiated military operations in the Western Hemisphere. French and Spanish troops, who could not conceive of such a plan without German thinking, have begun landings in Cuba for the purpose of subjugating that nation and perhaps, to use the island as a base for future operations in the Caribbean.

This is the day when the United States must take its place as a defender of freedom. We avoided our duty when Paris fell, when London fell, when Moscow fell, and even when fascism found a home in Argentina. We've ignored the dangers for far too long. My fellow Americans, I call upon you to throw off your mantle of isolationism at last, and take up the sword, in defense of your principles. You may, perhaps, have hoped to avoid the evil of the world by not becoming involving in its affairs, but now the evil has found you! Don't hesitate!

In keeping with my duties as President of the United States, chief executive officer, and commander-in-chief of its armed forces, I ask that this Congress declare that a state of war exists between the United States of America and the Greater German Reich, including all those nations which fight alongside it. The American people, in their righteous might, will win through to ultimate victory.

Hooray!

Originally posted by Copper Nicus
:confused:

If I guess correctly, Yogi moved his game to the multiplayer... :)
Mettermrck is back - and now he saves USA from the German invasion! Great idea! :D

Technical question:
How are you going to continue this AAR? Save sharing?

No, Mettermrck does not control the US. For reasons mainly of me having great difficulties in finding time for multiplayer, this will continue to be a single player game. But Mettermrck has graciously agreed to comment developments from a US perspective.

Originally posted by The Yogi
No, Mettermrck does not control the US. For reasons mainly of me having great difficulties in finding time for multiplayer, this will continue to be a single player game. But Mettermrck has graciously agreed to comment developments from a US perspective.

Pity. I'm sure Mettermick could send you back across the Atlantic.

Was Cuba part of the pacific pact?

No. And he probably could, the USA is formidable and I'm very far from a great HOI player.

OH MY GOD! I think this union will prove to be the greatest thing since the invention of PB&J!

PLEASE continue in this fashion, I..am...COUNTING on you!

Regards,

DR

ps. go usa:cool:

If you really mean what you're saying, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that this looks extremely promising indeed.