• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess you can sort of count MotE as a spinoff of EU. Its timeframe is covered in EU, but MotE expands on it more in detail. (Granted, the game could still do with a lot more content, but at least it's in a better shape than Sengoku.)

I mean like For the Glory, Arsenal of Democracy, Darkest Hour, etc. Basically better versions of EU2/HoI2. We haven't had one of those in a while.

I hate to speak of the game which musn't be named, but EvW was going to be a spin off of HOI3

There likely won't be any more spin off games.

Darkest Hour was successful... But I admit there is probably a drastically reduced chance of Paradox ever allowing such a thing.... at least not for awhile.

Darkest Hour was successful... But I admit there is probably a drastically reduced chance of Paradox ever allowing such a thing.... at least not for awhile.
Darkest Hour was based upon the Europa engine. And really there is not a single game which would fit a spin off for various reasons.

Darkest Hour was based upon the Europa engine. And really there is not a single game which would fit a spin off for various reasons.

well i guess a spinoff would technically be considered any PI-made engine made by a company that's not PI/PDS. otherwise every game would ultimately be a spinoff of EU 1.

well i guess a spinoff would technically be considered any PI-made engine made by a company that's not PI/PDS. otherwise every game would ultimately be a spinoff of EU 1.

If we're honest, They kind of all are :p

My favorite is AoD, but Darkest Hour is a close second. The HOI series was close to making it from a start time in 1914 to 1991.

Why do you like AoD if I may ask?