• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Adder22

Private
Jun 20, 2014
Okay, I get through the opening video and it starts initialising the game. Gets to "initialising graphics" and then I get

"CRITICAL ERROR"

---FALSE---

Runtime Error. Microsoft Visual C++

And my game crashes. Any idea how to fix this?

Cheers

Upvote 0
Is this straight after installing it, or have you been able to load the game before with no problems?

Are you loading the game manually after moving the folder from the Steam folder (typically C: Program Files: Steam: steam apps: common: arsenal of democracy), or are you loading the game via Steam?

How old is your computer? Can you give us some specifications, what Windows OS do you have?

Same problem for me. My computer (Windows 8) ran the game fine. I haven't played since September. Went to play yesterday, Steam automatically loaded an update, and bam! The same runtime error. I uninstalled and reinstalled in Steam, and no change. Any practical advice will be appreciated. Anything other than download C++. That is more than I am at ease doing and I don't want to mess up the whole computer.

Did you install 1.08 before Steam automatically updated it?